Game of Thrones Season 7

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

Game of Thrones Season 7

Post by Isgrimnur »

EW
Season 7 of the fantasy sensation will not return until summer 2017 – pushing back from the show’s usual strategy of premiering each edition of the series in the spring (typically April).

Also, the network is confirming for the first time that next edition will consist of seven episodes (a pull back from the show’s usual 10 hours).
“Now that winter has arrived on Game of Thrones, executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss felt that the storylines of the next season would be better served by starting production a little later than usual, when the weather is changing,” said Casey Bloys, president, HBO programming. “Instead of the show’s traditional spring debut, we’re moving the debut to summer to accommodate the shooting schedule.”
The producers have previously told EW they wanted to cap the hit series at 73 hours, with seven episodes next year, and six in an eighth-and-final season. (“We’ve known for several years now how many hours, roughly, we want it to go, it hasn’t changed,” Benioff said.) HBO has not yet confirmed anything about season 8, however, so that part of their plan is not yet official.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Re: Game of Thrones Season 7

Post by Zaxxon »

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Welp, I feel confident in saying book 6 won't be out before season 7 begins.
Hodor.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

ugh that's too far away! And too few episodes! Grumble grumble grumble.
Black Lives Matter.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

pr0ner wrote:Welp, I feel confident in saying book 6 won't be out before season 7 begins.
At this point we can start discussing whether book 7 will be out before HBO reboots the TV show...
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Zaxxon wrote:
pr0ner wrote:Welp, I feel confident in saying book 6 won't be out before season 7 begins.
At this point we can start discussing whether book 7 will be out before HBO reboots the TV show...
Sad but true.
Hodor.
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

Long ago I gave up on the idea that the book series would ever be finished by the original author. I think there's a better chance that missing Malaysian plane will be found that any of us seeing the last of those books.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Oh, yeah...
Spoiler:
Dany on Dragonstone...
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

<3 James
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

When Danaerys's fleet is sailing in during season 7, they *really* need to have them pass Gendry in his boat.
Black Lives Matter.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I can't help but think that the speed at which they are going to have to rush through the ending of the series will make these last two seasons suffer in quality. I'll be impressed if they can come to a satisfying resolution of the story that doesn't require large leaps in logic and/or big gaps in the story.
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:I can't help but think that the speed at which they are going to have to rush through the ending of the series will make these last two seasons suffer in quality. I'll be impressed if they can come to a satisfying resolution of the story that doesn't require large leaps in logic and/or big gaps in the story.
Yeah, that's definitely a risk.

S7 Ep 1: Hi, I'm Daenerys! I'm crossing the sea!
S7 Ep 2: Hi, I'm Jon Snow and I'm really having some difficulties up here.
S7 Ep 3: Hi, I'm Daenerys! I'm taking Dragonstone!
S7 Ep 4: Hi, I'm Arya Stark and I'm really having some difficulties here.
S7 Ep 5: Hi, I'm Daenerys! Nice King's Landing you've got there!
S7 Ep 6: Hi, I'm Cersei Lannister and I'm really having some difficulties here.
S7 Ep 7: Hi, I'm Daenerys! Which way to The Wall?
*Interminable break between seasons*
S8 Ep 1: Hi, I'm Dorne and perhaps I'm relevant to the story again. Are you having some difficulties up there?
S8 Ep 2: Hi, I'm Daenerys! I'm heading north!
S8 Ep 3: Hi, I'm Petyr Baelish and I'm really having some difficulties here.
S8 Ep 4: Hi, I'm Daenerys! I'm at The Wall!
S8 Ep 5: Hi, I'm the Night's King and I'm really having some difficulties here.
S8 Ep 6: Hi, I'm Daenerys! Look at those hosers burn!
S8 Ep 7: Fin.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

You can kill off a whole bunch of story threads with one particularly gruesome battle. Or...greyscale epidemic! Everyone turns to stone! (cue the ELO as the final credits roll...)
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Is there a reason they're attempting to cram this all into two shortened seasons? Are the actors behind some key characters trying to leave?
Covfefe!
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

hepcat wrote:Is there a reason they're attempting to cram this all into two shortened seasons? Are the actors behind some key characters trying to leave?
I don't think they think they are cramming at all. They had too much for one season, not enough for two seasons. Some genius decided splitting a season and a half into two mini seasons somehow makes them more $$$.
Black Lives Matter
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Beating George R.R.Martin before he makes substantial revisions in the next book?
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

The whole thing will climax during the penultimate episode and end with the Stark kids (what's left of them) reuniting except for Jon, who will be kissing cousins with Dany. The question is, where will that climactic battle be and against whom?
Black Lives Matter
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

hepcat wrote:Is there a reason they're attempting to cram this all into two shortened seasons? Are the actors behind some key characters trying to leave?
Perhaps when they don't have the source material to follow they can't come up with as intricate or detailed plot lines?
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Who are the "enemies to the west" that Cersei is referencing in the trailer?
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:I can't help but think that the speed at which they are going to have to rush through the ending of the series will make these last two seasons suffer in quality. I'll be impressed if they can come to a satisfying resolution of the story that doesn't require large leaps in logic and/or big gaps in the story.
Yeah, I'm not really clear on the reason for the shorter seasons.

Anyway, I assume the main plot point of this shortened season will be the "great war" for the seven kingdoms. The Night's King invasion will start in the last episode or two, and then the final shortened season will be the resolution of that invasion.
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

She's pissed off the east, the north and the south. So the west must be especially bad to warrant her concern.
Covfefe!
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

El Guapo wrote:Who are the "enemies to the west" that Cersei is referencing in the trailer?
East! Always east...
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Jaymann wrote:
El Guapo wrote:Who are the "enemies to the west" that Cersei is referencing in the trailer?
East! Always east...
At this point, as far as Cersei is concerned, she can pick any compass point and there be enemies.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Jaymann wrote:
East! Always east...
She references enemies to the east, west, north, and south. Those are all obvious except for who is to the west (there's a super dark quick shot after "west" that I can't make out what's in it).
Last edited by El Guapo on Wed May 24, 2017 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Greyjoys?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Isgrimnur wrote:Greyjoys?
Could be. Although with Danaerys spurning his advances, you figure Euron Greyjoy would most likely align with Cersei.
Black Lives Matter.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

El Guapo wrote:Anyway, I assume the main plot point of this shortened season will be the "great war" for the seven kingdoms. The Night's King invasion will start in the last episode or two, and then the final shortened season will be the resolution of that invasion.
That's what I said, isn't it? :ninja:
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Dorne?
Black Lives Matter
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

El Guapo wrote:
Jaymann wrote:
East! Always east...
She references enemies to the east, west, north, and south. Those are all obvious except for who is to the west (there's a super dark quick shot after "west" that I can't make out what's in it).
The dark shot after "West" looks like ships to me, so I'd agree with it being the Greyjoys.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Zaxxon wrote:
El Guapo wrote:Anyway, I assume the main plot point of this shortened season will be the "great war" for the seven kingdoms. The Night's King invasion will start in the last episode or two, and then the final shortened season will be the resolution of that invasion.
You forgot the "Hi, I'm Samwell Tarly! I'm really having some difficulties at the Citadel" episode.
Black Lives Matter.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

El Guapo wrote:
Zaxxon wrote:
You forgot the "Hi, I'm Samwell Tarly! I'm really having some difficulties at the Citadel" episode.
But is he, though? We could get an episode of Mr. Tarly slicing through his enemies using dragonglass.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Maybe Grandmother Tyrell? She's got to have some serious snark for Cersei this season.
Black Lives Matter
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

The show will end with Dany and Jon flying off into the sunset aboard dragons. The camera then pans down to the forest, where Gendry, astride a large stag, glares balefully at the spectacle with his newly acquired toady, Rickon, at his side.

And in a few more years, the spin-off begins.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
Maybe Grandmother Tyrell? She's got to have some serious snark for Cersei this season.
She's one of the enemies from the south.
Black Lives Matter.
Jag

Post by Jag »

As a book reader since the 90s, I was ok with last season since there was still some crossover with the books. But now we are really moving the story forward and while I love the show, it doesn't have the same detail as the books. That trailer shows that we are really moving into the end game right now. Something i've been following for 20+ years. So I'm still so fucking pissed that we got to Season 7 before the book. Anyway, /rantoff. :evil:
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Jag wrote:As a book reader since the 90s, I was ok with last season since there was still some crossover with the books. But now we are really moving the story forward and while I love the show, it doesn't have the same detail as the books. That trailer shows that we are really moving into the end game right now. Something i've been following for 20+ years. So I'm still so fucking pissed that we got to Season 7 before the book. Anyway, /rantoff. :evil:
I don't see it that way. If the books had been finished first, the show could have veered off "for dramatic effect" or whatever. Once the show wraps up we still have the books to look forward to (assuming they actually get finished), to see what the author intended. Although the order is unusual it can still be the best of both worlds. In fact it might actually be better this way than a rote telling of a book.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
KDH

Post by KDH »

:shock: ... Image

Game of Thrones - 150,966 Deaths in 21 minutes - Compilation

I didn't count 'em
Ain't nobody got time for that
Dogstar

Post by Dogstar »

Thoughts for the Season 7 Premier (keeping it vague for those on Tapatalk who aren't necessarily protected from the spoiler tag):
Spoiler:
Opening rocked. About what I expected.
Jon continues to be Jon, while Sansa is in a competition with Arya as to who has shown the most growth.
Poor Sam. He certainly is being taught patience, which has to be frustrating given the circumstances.
Very much a set-up episode.
From a book reader, when I started the first, I never ever expected to find Jaime, Tyrion, and the Hound as interesting as I do now. That was a nice call-back.