KFC the chicken's secret is out

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Sudy

Re: KFC the chicken's secret is out

Post by Sudy »

Not to be confused with KFC the Welsh ankle model.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

KFC IS PEOPLE

KFC IS PEOPLE

KFC IS PEOPLE
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The green is a nice touch.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

I'm under the impression that KFC hasn't used the 11 herbs and spices recipe in years.
In his book "Big Secrets," William Poundstone revealed a laboratory analysis of Kentucky Fried Chicken: "The sample of coating mix was found to contain four and only four ingredients: flour, salt, monosodium glutamate, and black pepper. There were no eleven herbs and spices — no herbs at all in fact... Nothing was found in the sample that couldn't be identified." So much for the "secret." In fact, the chicken's ingredient statement is available on KFC's Web site.
-Live Science

If there's any "secret" to KFC it's that they use a pressure cooker which isn't something most people have at home. Wendy's also uses a pressure cooker for their chicken because Dave Thomas got his start under Colonel Sanders.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Gryndyl wrote:I'm under the impression that KFC hasn't used the 11 herbs and spices recipe in years.
In his book "Big Secrets," William Poundstone revealed a laboratory analysis of Kentucky Fried Chicken: "The sample of coating mix was found to contain four and only four ingredients: flour, salt, monosodium glutamate, and black pepper. There were no eleven herbs and spices — no herbs at all in fact... Nothing was found in the sample that couldn't be identified." So much for the "secret." In fact, the chicken's ingredient statement is available on KFC's Web site.
-Live Science

If there's any "secret" to KFC it's that they use a pressure cooker which isn't something most people have at home. Wendy's also uses a pressure cooker for their chicken because Dave Thomas got his start under Colonel Sanders.
I saw a bottle of monosodium glutamate on the spice rack in a grocery store the other day. I didn't know you could, or would buy such a thing. lol That's probably what they replaced all the expensive herbs and spices with, and the reason their chicken doesn't taste as good as it did in the 70's.
Stop funding for NPR
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Pete Campbell is your new Colonel Sanders.

I'm not really sure where to go with this news.

He won. Period.
morlac

Post by morlac »

Blackhawk wrote:
Jaymann wrote:
Daehawk wrote:The spices come pre mixed in bags.
OK, then one of the thousands of stoners working in the pre-mix flour factory.
Last I heard they take steps to prevent that. Several spices from factory A, several from factory B, mixed at factory C (I know it was multiple, I don't know that it was three.) At no point are the spices all in one place at the same time as they're identifiable.

Now, if three stoners at the three factories formed a conspiracy and each stole a portion of the Chicken Code, then met under a street lamp on a rainy night in New Orleans, and if at least one of the three survived the Colonel's assassins, then maybe. Just maybe.
I'd pay money to see this movie. If have to be stoned of course but i,need this movie made.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Does sound interesting.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I'll just leave this here:

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

:shock: :lol:
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

That 3rd one is great. If thats not Peter Weller's voice it sure is damn close.

EDIT: Well dang it really is him.

Heres another. Not as good.

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Ok, I wasn't particularly impressed with the overall comedian/guest colonel campaign. But Colonel Robocop is so absurd, I think it's pretty funny. :lol:
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I thought it was a joke at first - like a parody. But when I saw it was real, I was won-over. The team that pitched this has to win an award. I'd also like to see what kind of bat-crazy ideas were suggested that didn't make it.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

OK, but it wasn't Robocop who gave the '10 seconds to comply' order. That was the failed competition.
:ugeek:
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

The comedian ones are terrible. These singer ones are terrible. Robocop ones are also terrible. They only do one thing for me and it's not buying chicken. :grund:
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
bluegrass band of comfort food. - LawBeefaroni
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

the chicken has clearly changed over the years. it seems to me, just about the time they started mixing the restaurants KFC/taco bell is just about the time the chicken taste changed. I don't think it was the addition of taco bell. I think there was a recipe or process change as part of cost cutting or profit increasing measures. they same type of measures that led to combining the restaurants.

if we do such and such, then we can reduce the chicken cooking time by 11 percent, or something like that.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Unagi wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:58 pm OK, but it wasn't Robocop who gave the '10 seconds to comply' order. That was the failed competition.
:ugeek:
See this is the kind of internal consistency that I require. It's not enough to make RoboCop references while in a RoboCop suit. It needs to be accurate as well. Otherwise it might as well be "RoboCop pop culture references! Buy chicken!".

Remember RoboCop? Me too! See, I'm relating! Buy chicken!

I expect jokes to be similarly internally logical. Screw that up and the entire thing is derailed, and I'm just disappointed.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Somehow, I've managed my whole life never to set foot inside a Taco Bell. Is that strange? They're not so ubiquitous around here, and most of them that are here are tucked away in food courts, so that's my excuse.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Taco bell's not very popular up here. As you said, there just aren't that many of them. I quite like it, which makes me feel guilty as hell, as it's clearly terrible.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I went to a Taco Bell once. That was in 1979.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I'm still waiting for the US to become oversaturated with taco trucks so they'll head up here and we'll finally get some decent tex-mex.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Jaymon wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:04 pm the chicken has clearly changed over the years. it seems to me, just about the time they started mixing the restaurants KFC/taco bell is just about the time the chicken taste changed. I don't think it was the addition of taco bell. I think there was a recipe or process change as part of cost cutting or profit increasing measures. they same type of measures that led to combining the restaurants.

if we do such and such, then we can reduce the chicken cooking time by 11 percent, or something like that.
That's what I think too.
Stop funding for NPR
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

GreenGoo wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:01 pm I'm still waiting for the US to become oversaturated with taco trucks so they'll head up here and we'll finally get some decent tex-mex.
You know where I live. I'm not sure I could ship any to you though--enchiladas are kind of messy.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Honestly, high quality tex-mex is almost enough to motivate me to travel 2000 miles. Saying hi would just be a nice bonus.

And I don't leave my house if I can avoid it.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Kraken wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:55 pm I went to a Taco Bell once. That was in 1979.
Good Lord, when are you going to leave? :shock:
He won. Period.
stessier

Post by stessier »

hepcat wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:13 pm
Kraken wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:55 pm I went to a Taco Bell once. That was in 1979.
Good Lord, when are you going to leave? :shock:
Presumably once his bowels are stable enough to let him leave the bathroom.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles