News about Netflix exclusive films and content

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Re: Netflix exclusive films and content

Post by Zaxxon »

I'm only 2 episodes into season one, but... that escalated quickly.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Zaxxon wrote:I'm only 2 episodes into season one, but... that escalated quickly.
The Korean undead don't fuck around!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Zaxxon wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:38 pm I'm only 2 episodes into season one, but... that escalated quickly.
...and so the queue grows.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

$iljanus wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:18 pm
Zaxxon wrote:I'm only 2 episodes into season one, but... that escalated quickly.
What I liked about it is the treatment of the undead as a virus more than a supernatural force. The fear of it spreading always outweighs the fear of the monsters themselves.

Also, Mu-yeong is da man.

Addendum: hey look, a new season of Medici starts tomorrow!
He won. Period.
JCC

Post by JCC »

So this week I watched season 2 of After Life in one night. I just love this show. Funny, sad, sweet, filthy, wonderful, ugly, and beautiful. It's my favorite Ricky Gervais creation (yes I love it more than either The Office). Highest possible recommendation.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

JCC wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:27 am So this week I watched season 2 of After Life in one night. I just love this show. Funny, sad, sweet, filthy, wonderful, ugly, and beautiful. It's my favorite Ricky Gervais creation (yes I love it more than either The Office). Highest possible recommendation.
Season 1 was brilliant, but it absolutely wrecked me.

I’ll get around to Season 2 at some point, but I don’t think I’m up for it right now.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

hepcat wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:55 pm
$iljanus wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:18 pm
What I liked about it is the treatment of the undead as a virus more than a supernatural force. The fear of it spreading always outweighs the fear of the monsters themselves.

Also, Mu-yeong is da man.

Addendum: hey look, a new season of Medici starts tomorrow!
And the biology behind the zombies is a major plot point when...
Spoiler:
The zombies weren’t active during the day not because of the sunlight but the temperature. And as winter descends on Korea, the zombies find the climate quite pleasant indeed during the day.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I loved that cliffhanger reveal.
He won. Period.
JCC

Post by JCC »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:20 pm Season 1 was brilliant, but it absolutely wrecked me.

I’ll get around to Season 2 at some point, but I don’t think I’m up for it right now.
I wouldn't say it wrecked me but I teared up many times over the 6 episodes. It's just so... good. I adore the show. I really hope he makes a 3rd season.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

JCC wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 8:25 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:20 pm Season 1 was brilliant, but it absolutely wrecked me.

I wouldn't say it wrecked me but I teared up many times over the 6 episodes. It's just so... good. I adore the show. I really hope he makes a 3rd season.
I've always found around 70% of Gervais's humour to be repugnant, abrasive, and soul-sucking. But similar to Derek, After Life has a huge heart and I can't help but like it. They both come off as sappy sometimes but don't feel emotionally manipulative, perhaps due to the veracity of the performances.

I've also been watching the fourth season of The Last Kingdom. This is a fantastic series... I feel like not enough people know about it. It nicely fills the historical drama void. The only thing that bothers me is the apparent time compression. The characters seem to ride across the British countryside in about half an hour, and the main character has had about fifty love interests. But this is just part of the genre I suppose, and one of the challenges of adapting such a long book series that spans many years.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Nicolas Cage Cast as Tiger King Joe Exotic in New TV Series
Oscar winner Nicolas Cage will play the infamous Joe Exotic, the subject of Netflix's Tiger King docuseries, in a new scripted TV series. The project marks Cage's first TV role in his long career.

According to Variety, the eight-episode series, from Imagine Television Studios and CBS Television Studios, will be scripted by American Vandal's Dan Lagana, who will also serve as showrunner and one of the series' executive producers.

This particular incarnation of the Tiger King story will be an adaptation of the Texas Monthly article “Joe Exotic: A Dark Journey Into the World of a Man Gone Wild,” by Leif Reigstad.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Daehawk wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:41 pm Nicolas Cage Cast as Tiger King Joe Exotic in New TV Series
Oscar winner Nicolas Cage will play the infamous Joe Exotic, the subject of Netflix's Tiger King docuseries, in a new scripted TV series. The project marks Cage's first TV role in his long career.

According to Variety, the eight-episode series, from Imagine Television Studios and CBS Television Studios, will be scripted by American Vandal's Dan Lagana, who will also serve as showrunner and one of the series' executive producers.

This particular incarnation of the Tiger King story will be an adaptation of the Texas Monthly article “Joe Exotic: A Dark Journey Into the World of a Man Gone Wild,” by Leif Reigstad.
That's a scripted CBS show. So it's highly unlikely to be a Netflix exclusive.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
stessier

Post by stessier »

I really enjoyed the coming of age story called The Half of It which is a really well done take on Cyrano de Bergerec.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

For those that missed S1 (or didn't finish), it's a great time to catch up - S2 coming 7/31:

Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'm pretty sure Robert Sheehan isn't acting when he portrays Klaus on the Umbrella Academy. :lol:

Looking forward to season 2! I think The Boys season 2 is coming around the same time, so it will be double doses of weird and mature superhero action.
He won. Period.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Ellen Page looks like she's living in a college apartment.
Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:04 pm Ellen Page looks like she's living in a college apartment.
Kinda.
But specifically, not a single one of them has a painted wall.

Bleh.

Did ya catch that optical illusion she played with as she got off her couch?
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Seeing the Kim's Convenience pics from the previous page, the cast were having a Twitter feud about who was the biggest Star Wars need. I'm going with Appa:

https://twitter.com/dimsum_dumpling/sta ... 67200?s=09
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I just started watching Kim's Convenience last night. It's pretty fun.
He won. Period.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Yeah, it's pretty good. I just watched seven episodes. (I ran out of Parks & Rec.) It's weird seeing places I've been. This is like Degrassi all over again. Or you know, about 35% of film and television productions (especially the cheap ones)... it's Toronto. I just learned both Hannibal and The Umbrella Academy have shot scenes at the David Dunlap Observatory 5km away from my home in Richmond Hill north of the city.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Sudy wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:53 pm Yeah, it's pretty good. I just watched seven episodes. (I ran out of Parks & Rec.) It's weird seeing places I've been.
Oh, I totally know the feeling. Being that my region has become a production hub of sorts, with lots of filming being done locally for series such as Carter and Cardinal among other things like movies such as James vs His Future Self, I've seen that a lot in the last several years. The funniest thing was when Richard Dreyfuss was in town to shoot a movie with Tatiana Maslany, which was supposed to be partly set in BC. Our city stood in for a town in BC, and while I we could recognize some of the landmarks, in one particular shot they'd digitally altered the horizon to feature the Rockies.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Trailer 2

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

paulbaxter

Post by paulbaxter »

Maybe I'm late to the game, but I started watching Ozark and I'm now halfway through season three. I'm pretty sure I've never seen a depiction of a marriage under quite the amount of stress and tension as Marty and Wendy. Also, Darlene Snell feels like some sort of archetype that I've never seen depicted before either. I just keep enjoying it more and more, as crazy as it is.
No sig, must scream, etc.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Season 3 is where I felt it really took off. I loved the first two, don’t get me wrong. But damn, season 3 just put it all together.
He won. Period.
naednek

Post by naednek »

I'm on the last ep if Ozark Season 3, and man it's nothing but stress. And the guy who plays the brother in law (he was also in the Iron Fist) is crazy good actor. He truly made you feel sorry for him and how he is dealing with having a mental illness. I really enjoyed him the best this season. He evolved over the season and just nailed it.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

paulbaxter wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:03 pm Maybe I'm late to the game, but I started watching Ozark and I'm now halfway through season three. I'm pretty sure I've never seen a depiction of a marriage under quite the amount of stress and tension as Marty and Wendy.
I dunno, but I felt Walt and his Wife in Breaking Bad had done better. I haven't watched season 3 yet, but I had been feeling rather annoyed by their actions by the end of Season 2. At least in Breaking Bad, Walt had a good reason for getting into it, and I didn't really see much of a compelling reason for Marty to get into it beyond money.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

naednek wrote:I'm on the last ep if Ozark Season 3, and man it's nothing but stress. And the guy who plays the brother in law (he was also in the Iron Fist) is crazy good actor. He truly made you feel sorry for him and how he is dealing with having a mental illness. I really enjoyed him the best this season. He evolved over the season and just nailed it.
Yeah, I didn't even realize it was the same guy at first. This dude can act.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Rumpy wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:30 pm
paulbaxter wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:03 pm Maybe I'm late to the game, but I started watching Ozark and I'm now halfway through season three. I'm pretty sure I've never seen a depiction of a marriage under quite the amount of stress and tension as Marty and Wendy.
I dunno, but I felt Walt and his Wife in Breaking Bad had done better. I haven't watched season 3 yet, but I had been feeling rather annoyed by their actions by the end of Season 2. At least in Breaking Bad, Walt had a good reason for getting into it, and I didn't really see much of a compelling reason for Marty to get into it beyond money.
Breaking Bad is considered one of the greatest television shows of all time. But just because they did things better than almost every other show doesn't diminish the efforts of other really good shows.

I thought the power struggle in the marriage in season 3 was the highlight of the season. They've been alluding to the wife's past as a power player since day one, so it was good to see that rear its head. And to put it up against Marty's desire to just get out safely at any cost....even to the point of betrayal...was the catalyst they needed to elevate the show this season.

As for the great Tom Pelphrey, I've been a fan of his since he was Bunker, the reformed white supremacist, on the criminally entertaining Banshee.
Spoiler:
He won. Period.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

hepcat wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:03 pm Breaking Bad is considered one of the greatest television shows of all time. But just because they did things better than almost every other show doesn't diminish the efforts of other really good shows.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I agree. But I guess my point is that I found it all less believable and compelling, and so the struggle comes off as less natural to me.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Get your own damned Breaking Bad thread!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

This thread is now dedicated to Manimal. Deal with it.
He won. Period.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Need 3 hour long shows..so Manimal, Sheena, and Automan.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Breaking Bad ruined Automan for me. Walter White was much more believable as a drug dealer than Desi Arnaz Jr. was as a computer expert who created a holographic crime fighting superhero.
He won. Period.
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

Misfits of Science then?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Was that the show where they looked at the narcotics scene in Baltimore through the eyes of law enforcers as well as the drug dealers and users?
He won. Period.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

hepcat wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:35 pm Breaking Bad ruined Automan for me. Walter White was much more believable as a drug dealer than Desi Arnaz Jr. was as a computer expert who created a holographic crime fighting superhero.
What the hell? Can't anyone have an objective opinion anymore?
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti