[movie] Deadpool 2

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

hepcat

Re: [movie] Deadpool 2

Post by hepcat »

malchior wrote:I suspect they aren't going to paint her face entirely white. I expect they'll put a swatch of white over the left (or right eye) to 'invert' the pattern from the comic.
Covfefe!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

hepcat wrote:Have you met the internet? She's an ugly, ugly place sometimes.
Yep. I was referring to Mr. Internet when I said "Facebook and sensationalist site loonies." I should have included popular site comment section.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

hepcat wrote:
malchior wrote:I suspect they aren't going to paint her face entirely white. I expect they'll put a swatch of white over the left (or right eye) to 'invert' the pattern from the comic.
Oh, I would love to see them remake that in the next Star Trek movie, but cast black actors, just to hear people bitch.
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Is the zebra a white animal with black stripes, or a black animal with white stripes?

Seriously, it Just. Doesn't. Matter.

As long as she has the character actions/attitude/hot body down, who cares? I don't remember people freaking out when Will Smith took on the role of Deadshot, a traditionally white character.
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
stessier

Post by stessier »

I just finished her episodes in Easy. She was really good.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
MHS

Post by MHS »

Hyena wrote: I don't remember people freaking out when Will Smith took on the role of Deadshot, a traditionally white character.
But people definitely lost their shit over the Gunslinger in Dark Tower being played by Idris Elba.

I don't care if they change races or genders or anything if it doesn't matter to the character. Insisting that a character be something specific is ridiculous unless it's absolutely necessary for the character, especially when we're discussing fictional beings who have super powers that don't exist. I wasn't thrilled when Tom Cruise was cast as Jack Reacher, because Jack Reacher's height and stature are practically another character in themselves and certainly integral to his persona, but I got over it and still enjoyed the movie...it's all make believe so who cares?

People choose silly things to get upset over.
Black Lives Matter. No human is illegal. Women's rights are human rights. Love is love. Science is real. Kindness is everything.
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

MHS wrote:
Hyena wrote: I don't remember people freaking out when Will Smith took on the role of Deadshot, a traditionally white character.
But people definitely lost their shit over the Gunslinger in Dark Tower being played by Idris Elba.

I don't care if they change races or genders or anything if it doesn't matter to the character. Insisting that a character be something specific is ridiculous unless it's absolutely necessary for the character, especially when we're discussing fictional beings who have super powers that don't exist. I wasn't thrilled when Tom Cruise was cast as Jack Reacher, because Jack Reacher's height and stature are practically another character in themselves and certainly integral to his persona, but I got over it and still enjoyed the movie...it's all make believe so who cares?

People choose silly things to get upset over.
True about Idris Elba, but that didn't fit my narrative, so I conveniently left that out... :mrgreen:

But otherwise, agreed on all accounts. It seems like people actually LOOK for things to be bothered by, and then become even more incensed once they get behind the keyboard. Change Martin Luther King to a white guy? Ridiculous and insulting. Change Abraham Lincoln to a black guy? Confusing and dumb. Change George Washington to an Asian? Nonsensical and random. But change Spiderman to a latino boy? OUTRAGE!

And as for my other points, I looked at her pictures online, and she will DEFINITELY be able to portray the "hot body" requirement. As for the rest, I will look forward to see her slink around killing the shit out of people.

Regarding Cruise, I thought he did a great job in the first one, but the second one left a bit to be desired in my opinion. I wasn't bothered by the physical differences, because I've only read two or three of the books, so I didn't have THAT much invested in the character.
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
geezer

Post by geezer »

hepcat wrote:
Seriously? That guy is black on the *right* side. WTF dude??
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Oh you son of a...

It's on!
Covfefe!
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Hyena wrote:

But otherwise, agreed on all accounts. It seems like people actually LOOK for things to be bothered by, and then become even more incensed once they get behind the keyboard. Change Martin Luther King to a white guy? Ridiculous and insulting. Change Abraham Lincoln to a black guy? Confusing and dumb. Change George Washington to an Asian? Nonsensical and random. But change Spiderman to a latino boy? OUTRAGE!
Hmmm, change George Washington to an Asian...

When George Washington was young he did chop down that cherry tree...with his hands as part of his training. And now he will be the ultimate weapon against the British oppressors in the upcoming movie "Fists of Freedom"!

Hell yeah I'll watch that movie. Especially if they have the big sunrise duel at Yorktown between Washington and Cornwallis who will be played by Tom Hardy.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Hamilton went over well but look how much controversy it caused. ya I think its stupid but I hate broadway anyways.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Hamilton caused a controversy? Why, because tickets are so hard to get?
$iljanus wrote:
Hmmm, change George Washington to an Asian...

When George Washington was young he did chop down that cherry tree...with his hands as part of his training. And now he will be the ultimate weapon against the British oppressors in the upcoming movie "Fists of Freedom"!

Hell yeah I'll watch that movie. Especially if they have the big sunrise duel at Yorktown between Washington and Cornwallis who will be played by Tom Hardy.
That movie already exists...kind'a.
Covfefe!
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

And don't forget Tracy Jordan's acclaimed movie about Thomas Jefferson.
Black Lives Matter
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

I didn't care that they made Spiderman latino, I did care about the character Peter Parker so killing him off I did care about. A distinction :)
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

IceBear wrote:
I didn't care that they made Spiderman latino, I did care about the character Peter Parker so killing him off I did care about. A distinction :)
Point taken, and agreed with, TBH.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Michael Shannon new frontrunner for Cable

Really loved his portrayal of Zod from what I saw of it.
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Daehawk wrote:Michael Shannon new frontrunner for Cable

That would be hysterical if so. Two actors stolen from the DC 'verse to come star in what is essentially a parody of comic book movies.

More on topic, I also think he would do a good job. Straight man to Deadpool's lunacy.

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Hyena wrote:
Daehawk wrote:Michael Shannon new frontrunner for Cable

That would be hysterical if so. Two actors stolen from the DC 'verse to come star in what is essentially a parody of comic book movies.

More on topic, I also think he would do a good job. Straight man to Deadpool's lunacy.
How much meta can he get away with before WB snaps? You know if Zod is Cable then DP has to talk about it.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

"How's your neck feeling? Any stiffness? No? Okay."
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Combustible Lemur

Post by Combustible Lemur »

Isgrimnur wrote:"How's your neck feeling? Any stiffness? No? Okay."
Hey ComcastImage , this plan to kill that fucking villain sucks. Maybe we should March on washington and protest for better screenwriters... You've been there?

It sucks and all the screenwriters have decided to make netflix shows.
Is Scott home? thump thump thump Crash ......No.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Superhero Hype
It was recently confirmed that Josh Brolin (Guardians of the Galaxy, Sicario) has been cast as the mutant Cable in 20th Century Fox‘s Deadpool 2, and now the actor (via Instagram) has shared some behind-the-scenes photos of preparing for the prosthetics and facial scarring the role will require.
Deadpool 2 is set to introduce two key characters from the X-Force world, including Zazie Beetz (Atlanta) as Domino, a luck-manipulating mutant, and Cable (Josh Brolin), the time-traveling son of the X-Men’s Cyclops. It’s also been confirmed that both an X-Force movie and a Deadpool 3 are being planned as separate follow-ups to Deadpool 2, and that Brolin’s deal is for four films.
DD*

Post by DD* »

TIL that Josh Brolin does not have feet.
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

They can do wonderful things with Photoshop these days.

Blind Al returns:
It’s been reported that Leslie Uggams will return as Blind Al in Deadpool 2.
Now reports state that Uggams has confirmed that she’ll reprise her role as Blind Al, Deadpool’s roommate.
Deadpool 2 will be directed by David Leitch (John Wick) and written by Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese. It has a provisional release date of early 2018. Shooting is set to begin in June.
DD*

Post by DD* »

Isgrimnur wrote:They can do wonderful things with Photoshop these days.

#38 on the list. :)
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Nice. I figured I was missing something.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Enlarge Image

CBM
Ryan Reynolds shared our first official look at Zazie Beetz as Domino as she'll appear in Deadpool 2 earlier on, but now another promotional still of the Atlanta actress in full costume as the extremely lucky mutant mercenary has found its way online.

The first pic led many to assume that Domino's discoloration around her left eye was not a tattoo at all but actually the result of vitiligo, and this close-up look at the character definitely seems to suggest that this is the case.
DD*

Post by DD* »

Well, the actress does in fact seem to be female, so she's got that in common with the source material...

rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Yeah, its a pity they decided to normalize her instead of white washing her because that wouldn't have raised a shitstorm at all.

I have no problem with the changes. I've been watching superhero movies and shows for a while now so Im fine with the fact that some things will vary from the source material. Hell, sometimes it's even for the best. This seems to me, to fall into the latter category.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I think a lot of people are up in arms because it contrasts with a lot of the other stuff they did in the series. Most of the other characters have look very, very much like their comic book counterparts, while she looks completely different. It makes the change stand out more. Had they done it in one of the old X-Men films where they were reinventing everyone's look, nobody would have cared.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Blackhawk wrote:Most of the other characters have look very, very much like their comic book counterparts, while she looks completely different. It makes the change stand out more.
She looks an awful lot like the comic version: improbably attractive woman in impractical combat wear, with a weird eye thing.

This is the series that changed Negasonic Teenage Warhead from this:

to this:

Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

Some scenes are being filmed near our house. Remember that sign...

Enlarge Image
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
DD*

Post by DD* »

Moat_Man wrote:Some scenes are being filmed near our house. Remember that sign...

Enlarge Image
That's pretty cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DD*

Post by DD* »

AWS260 wrote:
Blackhawk wrote:Most of the other characters have look very, very much like their comic book counterparts, while she looks completely different. It makes the change stand out more.
She looks an awful lot like the comic version: improbably attractive woman in impractical combat wear, with a weird eye thing.

This is the series that changed Negasonic Teenage Warhead from this:

to this:

IMHO, it's a bit of a different standard when looking at a well-established main character vs a bit player. Maybe they should change DPs costume to blue and gold with a cape ala Superman? Comics are a visual medium and changes to the look of characters will always provoke a response, especially when there does not seem to be a good reason for the changes.

Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

DD* wrote:
Moat_Man wrote:Some scenes are being filmed near our house. Remember that sign...

Enlarge Image
That's pretty cool!

Ryan Reynolds and I get along great. We give each other the space we both need to live our lives to the fullest. Right now that means we spend zero time together but that may change in the future. You never know.
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Moat_Man wrote:
DD* wrote:

Enlarge Image
That's pretty cool!

Ryan Reynolds and I get along great. We give each other the space we both need to live our lives to the fullest. Right now that means we spend zero time together but that may change in the future. You never know.
Enlarge Image
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ryan posted pics of Josh as Cable.

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

He needs more thigh pouches.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

I wonder if they'll use CG to give Brolin the requisite tiny feet?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I dont know why he has a teddy bear.