[movie] Deadpool 2

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Re: [movie] Deadpool 2

Post by Zaxxon »

Daehawk wrote:Yet thats always what idiots like you Tilt always say in here. Spouting your BS all over a post because you think it makes you look like you're on a white horse in bright armor. How bout you stop posting and leave. Thanks.
Why must the horse be white?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Because its not a dirty joke unless a white horse falls in the mud...doesn't work as well imagery wise if its a black horse.

Barring silly puns though Domino is white or albino and should be played by the same. Seriously would you guys be happy or support a white Black Panther? Not as much no? I wouldn't either.

Maybe for a movie about Oprah we can get a Indian to play her. Or maybe if they make a big screen Handy Manny a white character will work better. Its just not the way it should be.

I dont berate you guys for opinions unless you attack me first on mine. Why do you ...well some of you...the same ones usually...do that? Got no life to enjoy outside the forums..."oh theres Daehawk saying something I can attack and have my little followers do the same" ?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

Daehawk wrote:I dont berate you guys for opinions unless you attack me first on mine. Why do you ...well some of you...the same ones usually...do that? Got no life to enjoy outside the forums..."oh theres Daehawk saying something I can attack and have my little followers do the same" ?
Because sometimes an opinion may cross the line. Yours did, and you deserve to be called out for it. That you absolutely refuse to accept any criticism in this matter says a lot more about you than it says about the rest of us.
Insert witty comment here.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Because one race playing another ruins the character? Really. I hear black face bothers some...did you write them and bitch? No...too bad ya missed your calling.
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

Daehawk wrote:Because one race playing another ruins the character? Really. I hear black face bothers some...did you write them and bitch? No...too bad ya missed your calling.
I don't know anyone who wears blackface, and if I did I would call them out on it. I know you (to a certain degree), and I'm calling you out (as are a number of others, I'm sure you've noticed).

By the way, that hole you're digging is getting deeper. It's okay to stop.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Please continue making any point you're trying to make worse by comparing changing fictional characters to having real life people played by someone of a different race, Daehawk. It really shows how tone deaf you are being about this issue and why everyone responding to you about it is criticizing you instead of supporting you.
Hodor.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

pr0ner wrote:
$iljanus wrote:If I may, Nick Fury used to be an angry one eyed white guy but now he's an angry one eyed black guy who seems to be doing ok with the role.
Haha.

Female Starbuck turned out pretty okay, too.
Actually no she didn't . Hated her the entire show.

Im surprised Ale hasn't shown up...your little merry band is one down today it seems. Should be any time.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Daehawk wrote:Well it IS Sam Jackson. But honestly I didn't grow up with Fury so no skin in that game. Are we getting more views yet?
Much better.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

No not really.

But this board is not for attacking people or their opinions. If you have an opinion then post it. Dont attack others .
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

Daehawk wrote:No not really.

But this board is not for attacking people or their opinions. If you have an opinion then post it. Dont attack others .
May I remind you that you just called me an idiot, among other unflattering things? Or doesn't that kind of rule apply to you, perhaps?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Only once you open the door..as usual.

You seem to follow my posts around just to be negative though. You could post on your own country's forums perhaps? No one there to follow? Afraid they might show up and pop you since they live near you? You have a habit of it here. Look at all the thread and posts where you simply post crude remarks pertaining to my own post. Surely you could find something better to do than thread stalk. Maybe you should just take a break. Ill see if they can lock this.
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

Daehawk wrote:You could post on your own country's forums perhaps?
Holy shit.
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

I think it's time this thread move on. First, there is no need for personal attacks. Second, this discussion has veered off into R&P land more than I'd like. Third, don't ruin this thread for the rest of the people here. Fourth, it's not going anywhere positive. If you'd like to discuss cultural appropriation take it to R&P and do it in a civilized manner. If you can't be civilized, at least take it to PM.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
bluegrass band of comfort food. - LawBeefaroni
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

TiLT wrote:
Daehawk wrote:I dont berate you guys for opinions unless you attack me first on mine. Why do you ...well some of you...the same ones usually...do that? Got no life to enjoy outside the forums..."oh theres Daehawk saying something I can attack and have my little followers do the same" ?
Because sometimes an opinion may cross the line. Yours did, and you deserve to be called out for it. That you absolutely refuse to accept any criticism in this matter says a lot more about you than it says about the rest of us.
His opinion didn't cross the line. Whatever that line is.

The character is white in the comic, to change it to black need to have a good reason.

After the outrage because in Doctor Strange, they changed the race on the Ancient One. Why it is not acceptable to question why the change the race of Domino?
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

pr0ner wrote:Please continue making any point you're trying to make worse by comparing changing fictional characters to having real life people played by someone of a different race, Daehawk. It really shows how tone deaf you are being about this issue and why everyone responding to you about it is criticizing you instead of supporting you.
Why it is okay to change fictional character's race but not real life character's race?
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Daehawk wrote:
pr0ner wrote: Female Starbuck turned out pretty okay, too.
Actually no she didn't . Hated her the entire show.
You, sir, are just wrong. Starbuck was always embodied by the attitude of a hotshot pilot, not the genetalia.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Thread needs more Liefeld.

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Phrasing?
Hodor.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

TiLT wrote:
Holy shit.
Adding a dose of xenophobia to the racism. Always a good way to raise one's standing with the group here.

Also, what EH3K said.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

AWS260 wrote:Thread needs more Liefeld.
Tons of pouches and a distinct lack of feet. It checks out.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

TiLT wrote:
Holy shit.
He has a point.

I for one am sick of Norwegians taking over American forums. I used to come to OO to discuss gaming, movies and books with like minded Americans. Now though? It's nothing but talk about Tørrfisk, A-Ha and "Who's your favorite Skarsgård?".

Next thing you know, OO won't be in English. It will be in Norwayian or whatever language you people speak.

p.s. shouldn't Domino be played by an albino actress?
He won. Period.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

hepcat wrote:
TiLT wrote:
Holy shit.
He has a point.

I for one am sick of Norwegians taking over American forums. I used to come to OO to discuss gaming, movies and books with like minded Americans. Now though? It's nothing but talk about Tørrfisk, A-Ha and "Who's your favorite Skarsgård?".

Next thing you know, OO won't be in English. It will be in Norwayian or whatever language you people speak.

p.s. shouldn't Domino be played by an albino actress?
Touch me
How can it be
Believe me
The sun always shines on TV
Hold me
Close to your heart
Touch me
And give all your love to me
To meeeeeeeeeee!

(Take on me would have been the obvious choice)
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

And just to be clear, it's Stellan.

He won. Period.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

hepcat wrote:And just to be clear, it's Stellan.

His son Gustav brings the crazy eyes as Floki in Vikings.

Enlarge Image
Last edited by $iljanus on Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Gotta stick with Stellan. The guy can do anything. I think the entire clan (with the exception of the one that was on Hemlock Grove...which was god awful...and Norwegian I suspect) is extremely talented.

He could probably even play an African American Domino.
He won. Period.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

hepcat wrote:Gotta stick with Stellan. The guy can do anything. I think the entire clan (with the exception of the one that was on Hemlock Grove...which was god awful...and Norwegian I suspect) is extremely talented.

He could probably even play an African American Domino.
Understandable. He's so awesome that he sired a stable of awesome actors. I bet the whole damn family can play a mulatto Domino!
Black lives matter!

Combustible Lemur

Post by Combustible Lemur »

EvilHomer3k wrote:I think it's time this thread move on. First, there is no need for personal attacks. Second, this discussion has veered off into R&P land more than I'd like. Third, don't ruin this thread for the rest of the people here. Fourth, it's not going anywhere positive. If you'd like to discuss cultural appropriation take it to R&P and do it in a civilized manner. If you can't be civilized, at least take it to PM.
+1 my opinions on cultural casting is pretty established here and I could write a lengthy paper about the bullshit. But I would much prefer to discuss the dynamics of avocado fucking each other and unicorn/croc hybrid fantasy hentai.
Is Scott home? thump thump thump Crash ......No.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

My only issue with the casting for Domino is that her skin is white as part of her mutation and a distinct feature of the character... so either they are leaving that completely out of the movie or they are gonna paint her face white..which would be an odd choice..
kind of like if they gave Wolverine one claw per hand instead of 3... Or cylops fired out of his moth.. Fans will expect some signature things... If they had left out Deadools 4th wall breaks that would be bad..

All that being said, I don't have a lot invested in the Domino character, so as look as the actress works out in the movie, I'l be OK.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Combustible Lemur wrote:
EvilHomer3k wrote:I think it's time this thread move on. First, there is no need for personal attacks. Second, this discussion has veered off into R&P land more than I'd like. Third, don't ruin this thread for the rest of the people here. Fourth, it's not going anywhere positive. If you'd like to discuss cultural appropriation take it to R&P and do it in a civilized manner. If you can't be civilized, at least take it to PM.
+1 my opinions on cultural casting is pretty established here and I could write a lengthy paper about the bullshit. But I would much prefer to discuss the dynamics of avocado fucking each other and unicorn/croc hybrid fantasy hentai.
I see what you did there...
Enlarge Image

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Punisher wrote:My only issue with the casting for Domino is that her skin is white as part of her mutation and a distinct feature of the character... so either they are leaving that completely out of the movie or they are gonna paint her face white..which would be an odd choice..
Why would it be an odd choice? Wouldn't they need to do full-face make-up to preserve that characteristic, regardless of the actor's actual skin colour?

tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Isn't this server in Canada?
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

tjg_marantz wrote:Isn't this server in Canada?
Shhh... Big Brother doesn't want them to know that all of their seditious R&P chatter is transiting international borders.

Rip

Post by Rip »

Monroe doctrine. America all belongs to us we just like to share our toys.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Rip wrote:
Monroe doctrine. America all belongs to us we just like to share our toys.
Enlarge Image

Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Max Peck wrote:
Punisher wrote:My only issue with the casting for Domino is that her skin is white as part of her mutation and a distinct feature of the character... so either they are leaving that completely out of the movie or they are gonna paint her face white..which would be an odd choice..
Why would it be an odd choice? Wouldn't they need to do full-face make-up to preserve that characteristic, regardless of the actor's actual skin colour?
because i have no faith that the general populace would be understanding of painting a black person white. I'm OK with it and I do think that domino needs to be white (white, not pink/tan, pure white). I "think" she is considered caucasian in the comics, but is still colored white for her mutation, so I don't really care who is under the makeup as long as she has her basic distinctive look.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Punisher wrote:
Max Peck wrote:
because i have no faith that the general populace would be understanding of painting a black person white.
Laws, no. I can hear every activist group cranking their gears at the mere whiff of that. I agree that the character needs to be stark white, not just "white person" white, or even "albino" white. I hadn't considered, though, the backlash from people when they find out that you're taking someone who's not white and painting them "blindingly, pure white" ... Goodness me.

I don't care if the actor under the makeup is blue, green, black, orange, white, or purple. There are a lot of people who are going to take offense to "whitewashing" anyone but a white person, though.

I imagine that Deadpool himself will address it in the movie via some quip to the audience.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Only a few Facebook and sensationalist site loonies would care about white face paint on a black actress. I can't see it ever being turned into a real issue.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Have you met the internet? She's an ugly, ugly place sometimes.
He won. Period.
malchior

Post by malchior »

I suspect they aren't going to paint her face entirely white. I expect they'll put a swatch of white over the left (or right eye) to 'invert' the pattern from the comic.
Last edited by malchior on Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Paingod wrote:I imagine that Deadpool himself will address it in the movie via some quip to the audience.
And it will be at the same time crazy offensive and crazy funny and I will laugh but have this look on my face. :shock: