Post your loot!

Post by Default »

Loot must be gloated over here!
"pcp, lsd, thc, tgb...it's all good." ~ Kraken
Skinypupy

Re: Post your loot!

Post by Skinypupy »

Buncha gift cards and a couple shirts.

Bulk of the loot went to the kiddos this year.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Gift cards and beer from the in-laws, socks / scarf / hat / chocolate / Star Trek Beyond from friends and family, and my wife had a stained glass window made with a 1934 Plymouth hood ornament as the design in memory of my dad. :wub:
tgb

Post by tgb »

Levis and a new watch. Who knew Timex was still around?
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Wife got me an onion chopper that I saw reviewed a couple of months ago. It's often a tossup whether deploying and cleaning kitchen gadgets actually saves any time or effort over plain old knifework...this one looks like it does.
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

Kelric wrote:... my wife had a stained glass window made with a 1934 Plymouth hood ornament as the design in memory of my dad. :wub:
Awesome gift!
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Hand knitted scarf from my eldest daughter, and my wife game me a couple of shadow box frames to finally get my Prisoner of Zenda framed and hung up. Plus some socks and a couple of shirts.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

A shirt, socks, some music, and half of a really nice upgraded computer. My wife got the other half of the computer upgrade as her gift.
sgoldj

Post by sgoldj »

PSVR, which was not that hard to set up.

Suggestions for it? Batman is on order
Holman

Post by Holman »

This year it was all novels, graphic novels, and socks. A pile of books and socks looks reassuringly comfortable!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Scotch. Port. Some sleep.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

I got some cookies, some "puppy chow", a rare yogurt strain and two very exclusive bottles of barrel-aged sour beer not yet available to the public from my brother-in-law's brewery, some maple syrup made from the trees on my Dad's property Up North and a gift certificate for a tasting flight and a growler fill at a new cidery not far out of town.

My family knows me well!

My wife and I bought a new Tivo for our family gift. It should arrive next week and I am really looking forward to this since it's a two-generation upgrade for us. I am shopping for a 3-terabyte drive to install in it ASAP.
naednek

Post by naednek »

Titanfall2 for the PC
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare for the PC
Starcraft II Protoss Campaign for the PC
Destiny Collection for the PS4
Traeger folding table for my Traeger
Traeger wire rack for the my Traeger
Traeger cooking basket yep, for my Traeger
Igrill mini for my traeger
Long Sleeve Shirt
Madison Bumgarner Christmas Tree Ornament
2 Music CD's
Some cash to spend towards building our backyard

and my favorite gift...

Ethan's lab results came back clear. We go in on Tuesday to see if he's going to be admitted to the Hospital for two weeks. We now know he's not growing anything. So that's good.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Cipro
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

From spouse: Armagnac, Hamilton soundtrack
From kid: Excellent sweater, exotic mustards
From self: deep analysis of Y-DNA
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Wife got me an XBox One S. Parents got us a security camera. Sister and BIL got us an Amazon Echo. MIL got me seat covers and lounge pants.

BIL and brood will be here shortly to shred through the household's gifts to them, and, one assumes, give some as well.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

My family goes overboard with Christmas, and this year we all stretched since our personal economy was as good as it's likely to get.

Apple iPhone 7 + case
Apple iPad Pro 9.7 128 Gig + case
Philips Norelco shaver
Arkham Horror Card Game
Scythe expansion - Invaders from Afar
X-Wing Heroes of the Resistance
3 Half-zip pullover shirts
2 T-Shirts - Vader as "Best Dad in the Galaxy" and Deadpool as Santa
1 T-Shirt - Disney MC Escher Death Star Stormtroopers (too small)
Star Wars book Ahsoka
D&D Dungeonology
Chessex red gem dice
4 Reaper paint bottles
Pathfinder Battles Deadly Foes box (4)
Lego Minifigure (Banana Man)

The kids have an incredible amount of stuff between 3DS Games, Pokemon cards, LEGO, Shopkins, American Girl, art supplies, card games, clothes and fancy jewelry with a few other toys. The youngest received a Kindle for Kids and the oldest received an Apple iPad mini for afterschool programs.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Got each other cheap stuff because of life haha...anyways..

Me 2 Her
ring
body pillow and case

Her 2 Me
house shoes
shorts
apple juice (Martinellis) awesome stuff
cologne
razor set
robe

Though the ring was low priced I think it was cute and its great quality too. Looks like this........oh, the money feeds shelter dogs....its from iHeartDogs

Enlarge Image
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

It was a nice Christmas. In the gaming department, I received Onirim and Sentinels of the Multiverse. In the everything else department, I am now the proud owner of a USB charging hub and a fancy stud finder.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Z-Corn wrote:I got some ... some maple syrup made from the trees on my Dad's property
That's exactly what I got and all I really wanted, so I'm happy and I'll be happier for breakfast in the morning. I got a full quart of thin syrup, that should last me a year or longer.
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

My wife got me an Oculus Rift. Now I just need a game to play it with LOL. Oh and some socks, underwear and 2 shirts.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I also got a bunch of games from my OO buddies! Thanks guys!
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Daehawk wrote:Got each other cheap stuff because of life haha...anyways..

Me 2 Her
ring
body pillow and case

Her 2 Me
house shoes
shorts
apple juice (Martinellis) awesome stuff
cologne
razor set
robe

Though the ring was low priced I think it was cute and its great quality too. Looks like this........oh, the money feeds shelter dogs....its from iHeartDogs

Enlarge Image
price doesn't matter bro. I'm sure the Mrs. loves it.

we got our wedding bands from a pawn shop and it's without a doubt my wife's prized possession.

paid less than $100 for both.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

$50 Steam gift card (that they got me the code after I damaged it scratching it off...)
2 wolf t-shirts (I love animal t-shirts, particularly wolves and big cats, mostly all I wear when not at work - these were bday/xmas, happens when you have a December birthday)
Dilbert Desk calendar for 2017 (never had one, had credit at 2nd & Charles, "encouraged" my kid that I would REALLY like that - always jealous of my buddy for having one every year)
2 CD's (Bill Ingvall - Here's your sign Xmas edition (I like the blue collar comedy guys), and Alabama's first xmas CD (I had this on tape long ago, loved it - sue me, country music fan)
4 to go cups of cookies (wife told me I had to pick out some stocking stuffers for myself, they were on sale and filled the stocking quickly...)

And the stomach virus the kid had (fortunately, we are pretty much over it today, washing all the bedding, blankets, etc - who doesn't want to do 5-6 loads of laundry on xmas day?)
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

LordMortis wrote:
Z-Corn wrote:I got some ... some maple syrup made from the trees on my Dad's property
That's exactly what I got and all I really wanted, so I'm happy and I'll be happier for breakfast in the morning. I got a full quart of thin syrup, that should last me a year or longer.
My sister and my Dad got really into it this past year, stringing plastic tubes all over the property versus just using taps and buckets like they did the year before.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

- New mic and pop filter for the podcast I'm hoping to start in 2017
- Forza Horizon 3
- Watch Dogs 2

Some other miscellaneous things but those were the biggies.

I ordered an Echo Dot for myself as well, but it won't be here until Thursday.

Great year though. My son hit the sweet spot (age 5) where everything about Christmas finally clicked. He was completely off the rails. Exhausting, but tons of fun watching his excitement. Both kids seemed to really enjoy their Santa loot.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

from the immediate family:
Brian Eno _The Ship_ (on CD)
a super-cheapie Chinese brand HAM radio (Baofeng UV5RA - hasn't gotten here yet)
two Japanese SHMUPS for the Xbox 360 (Mushihimesama Futari v1.5 and Dodonpachi Saidaioujou)
a tomahawk and three throwing knives (and everyone was incredulous that i wanted these. but i've really been wanting for the past year. hard to explain)
several packages of Indian snack foods and a jar of Masala tea from the sister-in-law
a magnetic wristband (for holding tools and hardware while working on things, it seems)

from OO, on Steam:
Auro: A Monster-Bumping Adventure
Divinity: Original Sin
Painkiller: Black Edition
Apotheon

from friends:
Brian Eno/Karl Hyde _High Life_ (on CD)
envy. _Atheist's Corona_ (on CD)
(may be more)

from myself:
i used my bonus from work this year to purchase a second-hand-couple-year-old-but-very-good-condition All City "Macho Man Disc" cyclocross bike to replace my 20+ year old commuter. i *love* it, easily the best bike i've ever owned
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

Kraken wrote:Wife got me an onion chopper that I saw reviewed a couple of months ago. It's often a tossup whether deploying and cleaning kitchen gadgets actually saves any time or effort over plain old knifework...this one looks like it does.
Pie-Yow Comme Ca
Black Lives Matter*

*Terms and Conditions Apply
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

From wife:
a new video card that was installed two weeks ago
new shirt
Inside Out bluray (finally!)
House of Leaves hardcover edition
Beauty and the Beast bluray
Finding Dory bluray (technically, the baby got these, but they were off my wishlist, sooooo)
bottle of Oban 14 year

From in laws:
moar shirts
impact driver and a new big battery (trust my dad in law to deliver with the tools)
Expanse season 1
new mouse
pajama pants
losing lottery scratchers

What I didn't get was the traditional Steam gift card, so I'm not sure if that means my sale budget is $0 or unlimited $.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

Bowmore 12 year old single malt scotch bottle
Whiskey glasses
Scotch rocks
Book about whiskeys

French Press

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Game of Thrones Illustrated Edition book

Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds (to play on the 2DS my son got for Christmas)

Leather Gloves

Best Buy Gift Card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Geeze, some of you guys are boring! New pants and some socks, plus a sock organizer. Did you guys piss Santa off? Geeze, Christmas if for toys! :D

Anyway, I got a few things. As I discussed in another thread, a friend gets Loot Crate, Battle Bin, and Dungeon Crate. They pick over their goodies, then toss the rest into a box. At the end of the year they pass that box on to me and the kids to fight over the contents. This year there were probably two cubic feet of stuff. Highlights included a lighted Handsome Jack mask, a bunch of acrylic RPG markers, an acrylic dice tower, a ceramic Hellboy Hand of Doom, and a scale Cylon raider.

I also got (mostly for myself - single and all):

~The Hobbit trilogy (extended) on BluRay
~A set of Blomus tea glasses
~A monitor arm
~A USB mini-keyboard (about the size of a large remote control - I can now get the full sized wireless keyboard away from the couch.)
~Star Trek Panic

The highlight:

A few months ago, someone posted a picture, a black and white portrait of my mother on Facebook that I had never seen, from back shortly before I was born. For those that don't remember, my mother died when I was eight. I gushed over that picture. It was fantastic. My sister went and had it made into a full size print and got it matted and framed for me. She went and made me cry in front of my kids.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Wife got me one of the Eric Hosmer x-wing pilot bobbleheads from a Kaufman Stadium giveaway because she's the best - I don't want to know how much she spend on eBay to get it:

Enlarge Image

Also got Battlefield 1 and some books. Teh wife also got me a Tie Fighter drone but it's backordered so it won't arrive until after the holidays.

I got a nice bonus from work so I'm pondering getting one of these 27" IPS monitors from Monoprice for myself.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Blackhawk wrote: The highlight:

A few months ago, someone posted a picture, a black and white portrait of my mother on Facebook that I had never seen, from back shortly before I was born. For those that don't remember, my mother died when I was eight. I gushed over that picture. It was fantastic. My sister went and had it made into a full size print and got it matted and framed for me. She went and made me cry in front of my kids.
Now that is excellent. That's the kind of thing that makes Christmas.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

New 3DS XL
Pokemon Moon
Monster Hunter Generations
Escape from Colditz (board game)
$10 gamestop gift card
keypad garage door opener (gift to me, but I have no need for it. wife will appreciate it)
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

One of my items was a pair of undershorts. One the cardboard it listed items they featured and one was 'comfort pouch'...Im still laughing at that one. Told the wife its for our valuables.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

I only officially got one thing, but given that we gave my old computer to my son and I built a new one after black Friday that was my real present. :) I did get a Le Creuset cast iron grill pan from my mother in law that I'm very excited to try out.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

A shirt and two pants from my wife. A coffee cup from a friend. A monogrammed hand towel from another friend. Something TBD from my sister (have no idea when I'll see her next).

OTOH, my bank account is down $2000 from all of the gifts I was compelled to buy. I hate having to be Santa. :x
Black Lives Matter
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

YellowKing wrote:- New mic and pop filter for the podcast I'm hoping to start in 2017
Very cool!
"Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding!" - Betty White
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Let's see...
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Shirts

$50 Academy (sporting goods) gift card

large, non-stick skillet (I'm the family cook and I asked for this)

Star Wars: Armada base set and Rogues & Villians expansion (now, to find opponents)

BIL gave me a device that will jump start your car through the cigarette lighter (very cool)

Most unexpected gift: A small quad-copter drone from my MIL
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive