Post your loot!

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jeff V

Re: Post your loot!

Post by Jeff V »

Xmann wrote: we got our wedding bands from a pawn shop and it's without a doubt my wife's prized possession.
We got ours from a kiosk in the gold market in Manila. The vendor threw in my ring for free for buying hers, which was 1/3 the price of the engagement ring, of which she still talks of upgrading some day. I had a choice between a big, crappy diamond or a small, high quality one. I picked the latter. I picked wrong.

She bought the wedding ring even though it was a really tight fit when we bought it. Before she even came here, it became uncomfortably tight. None of the jewelers she took it to could resize it...the inlaid diamonds were said to make it impossible. When she came here, we stopped at the jewelry store where I got education on the whole diamond thing. I didn't buy the engagement ring from them, because a similar-spec was half the price online. But for $50 they had no problem resizing my wife's wedding band.
Black Lives Matter
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

I just saw this thread, and had my wrong reading glasses on, and I thought the thread title was "Post your foot!" And I wondered how there could possibly be two pages of people that would post pictures of their feet. And I clicked anyway. :oops:

Some excellent gifts posted here.

I was snowed in with my girlfriend because of a blizzard, so all I got was her gift: A fancy two-handled shovel (bought with the idea of reducing stress on my heart and my back). Perfect timing.
Here it is, the Snow Joe. I got a red one!
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Redfive wrote:
BIL gave me a device that will jump start your car through the cigarette lighter (very cool)
Jump or charge? My rudimentary understanding of automotive electronics tells me that you can't jump through a lighter.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

A fancy two-handled shovel (bought with the idea of reducing stress on my heart and my back).
You get that breastbone sore and you'll regret living through the surgery.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

LawBeefaroni wrote:
Redfive wrote:
BIL gave me a device that will jump start your car through the cigarette lighter (very cool)
Jump or charge? My rudimentary understanding of automotive electronics tells me that you can't jump through a lighter.
Charge. Eventually. Maybe.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

For starting a dead car nothing beats a boost pack. Back when the Mustang was slowly leaking power and would fail to start I got one and put it in the trunk. All you do is charge it and put it in your car. Mine holds a charge over a year or more at a time. When you need it just hook it to the battery and bam off you go. Easy cheap and portable.

Enlarge Image
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

Daehawk wrote: You get that breastbone sore and you'll regret living through the surgery.
After 3 major snowstorms this year already, I've been out shoveling many times. Since the surgery, I've never had a breastbone problem. It seems to have healed perfectly. The leg on the other hand (where they harvested the veins from) is another matter. Over a year has passed, and it's still swollen, though slowly improving. Blood pressure as of a month ago was 116 over 64, which they tell me is excellent. Before (heart attack and subsequent) surgery it was 155 over 92, which nearly cost me my driving job (and my life).

No, after all this shoveling, my only problem is the same one I've always had; my lower back, which at this moment is absolutely killing me. :cry:
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

LawBeefaroni wrote:
Redfive wrote:
Apparently neither. This is the product

I guess when he was listing the features I somehow took it to mean it would jump start the vehicle through the lighter. I found this odd as well but my BIL has worked on cars for almost 30 years and has owned a Midas for 16 so I tend to believe what he tells me.

Still very handy to have if in need of a jump!
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

for my birthday:

parents didn't get me anything. they used to be good about separating Xmas and birthday presents....

brother and sister-in-law got me:
a Hakko soldering iron tip cleaner
Patchwork (boardgame)
My Summer Car [Steam]
Shenzhen I/O [Steam]
Ziggurat [Steam]

i think the aforementioned bicycle present to myself should be grouped in here as well.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Giles Habibula wrote:
Daehawk wrote: You get that breastbone sore and you'll regret living through the surgery.
After 3 major snowstorms this year already, I've been out shoveling many times. Since the surgery, I've never had a breastbone problem. It seems to have healed perfectly. The leg on the other hand (where they harvested the veins from) is another matter. Over a year has passed, and it's still swollen, though slowly improving. Blood pressure as of a month ago was 116 over 64, which they tell me is excellent. Before (heart attack and subsequent) surgery it was 155 over 92, which nearly cost me my driving job (and my life).

No, after all this shoveling, my only problem is the same one I've always had; my lower back, which at this moment is absolutely killing me. :cry:
That is good to hear about your chest. From the sounds of it the leg problem is preferable to the chest part. Where she has the breastbone trouble she has no leg problems at all except when sitting in a chair if she doesn't touch the floor with her feet. Being 4'8" she has trouble reaching the floor. So say in the car her legs would stretch out and rest against the seat. I had to put pillows in the floorboard so her legs rested on them.

My blood pressure was always about 120 / 75 all my life. The last year or two Ive ran 160 / 100 at times and more like 150 / 95 all the time. I think I may have to go on medicine for it. Hope not. Trying to cut salt down but I fail at that it seems. I dont seem to have any symptoms other than occasional seeing stars and the heartbeat in my ears thing .But thats both very rare. I just dont feel it. Maybe thats the one they call the silent killer.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Giles Habibula wrote: No, after all this shoveling, my only problem is the same one I've always had; my lower back, which at this moment is absolutely killing me. :cry:
Stretching before and after could help alleviate this.
Black Lives Matter
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Daehawk wrote:
Giles Habibula wrote:

That is good to hear about your chest. From the sounds of it the leg problem is preferable to the chest part. Where she has the breastbone trouble she has no leg problems at all except when sitting in a chair if she doesn't touch the floor with her feet. Being 4'8" she has trouble reaching the floor. So say in the car her legs would stretch out and rest against the seat. I had to put pillows in the floorboard so her legs rested on them.

My blood pressure was always about 120 / 75 all my life. The last year or two Ive ran 160 / 100 at times and more like 150 / 95 all the time. I think I may have to go on medicine for it. Hope not. Trying to cut salt down but I fail at that it seems. I dont seem to have any symptoms other than occasional seeing stars and the heartbeat in my ears thing .But thats both very rare. I just dont feel it. Maybe thats the one they call the silent killer.
I think it's been mentioned on here before Daehawk, but you really really need to be on medication for that blood pressure.

I take care of people DAILY, who have had massive strokes because of untreated blood pressures exactly like yours.

That's a walking time bomb dude. I'm not over exaggerating either.

You will be of no use to help take care of your wife if you have a serious stroke. You need to see a doctor my man. Don't be a statistic.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

My loot:

Might get something from my mom on New Year's Eve, not sure yet. She usually either gives me jewelry, knick-knacks or gift cards. But we are not big on any kind of gifts in my family.
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

Daehawk wrote:... The last year or two Ive ran 160 / 100 at times and more like 150 / 95 all the time. I think I may have to go on medicine for it. Hope not. .
Sorry to keep derailing this thread, but listen to Xmann. He knows his shit.
Don't "hope not". Get on the meds. Those meds only cost about $8.00 per month.
I didn't think it was that important either, and in fact I was on those meds when I had the Big One (the meds only dropped me just below 140/80, so I could keep my job). And trust me, when it happens, you probably won't have time to get to the hospital. I was damn lucky, and I know it.
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

gilraen wrote:My loot:

Might get something from my mom on New Year's Eve, not sure yet. She usually either gives me jewelry, knick-knacks or gift cards. But we are not big on any kind of gifts in my family.
Agreed!!!

Now, back on subject...

I bought myself a Samsung Gear S3 that I'm not entirely happy with and probably will be returning.
Giles Habibula wrote:
Daehawk wrote:... The last year or two Ive ran 160 / 100 at times and more like 150 / 95 all the time. I think I may have to go on medicine for it. Hope not. .
Sorry to keep derailing this thread, but listen to Xmann. He knows his shit.
Don't "hope not". Get on the meds. Those meds only cost about $8.00 per month.
I didn't think it was that important either, and in fact I was on those meds when I had the Big One (the meds only dropped me just below 140/80, so I could keep my job). And trust me, when it happens, you probably won't have time to get to the hospital. I was damn lucky, and I know it.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

New hockey helmet + visor
50 Taylormade Lethal golf balls
Lego AT-ST (Rogue One style)
Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, The Revenant 4K Blu-Rays
Captain America Civil War, Game of Thrones Season 6 Blu-Rays
Gold USS Enterprise Hallmark Ornament
Hawaiian shirt
Rechargable battery pack for XBox One controller
Most recent Jack Ryan and The Expanse novels for my Kindle
Hodor.
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

Jeff V wrote:Stretching before and after could help alleviate this.
Thanks, Jeff. That's the one thing I have not yet tried. Will do.

Post by Default »

From my mil, a gift card to buy shirts, candy, from my ex, a wedge of my favorite cheese, a can of mango-rita, and so pistachios. The kids stiffed me this year.
The GF gave me Snakes on a Plane and a pair of shoes.

t was a weird year.
"pcp, lsd, thc, tgb...it's all good." ~ Kraken
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Lego Saturn V! My wife and I did most of the large rocket stages, the kid did the last stage and the moon/water dioramas.

Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I got a Pollos Hermanos T-shirt, a Better Call Saul shirt, and one with a flaming guy captioned "I tried it at home." And a bottle of Irish whiskey.

The only thing I asked for was the Pollos Hermanos shirt, so that's a win.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Nothing of note cept Oo

OO Wishmaslist
convoy
starbound

family
AC Odyssey

dog
treats

Thats all except the most important thing..my wife is getting better after weeks of sickness.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

My wife and I set a Christmas budget of $150 for each other, and both of us completely ignored it. She got me a PS4 with the new Spider-Man game, which was a total shock. I surprised her with Hamilton tickets.

All in all an above average year.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:16 am Thats all except the most important thing..my wife is getting better after weeks of sickness.
That's great news, Dae.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Technically, got it for my birthday (which is in December) - T-shirt Chewbecca fighting with tangled string of xmas lights (from wife - kid says it reminds her of me).

Xmas:
Kid:
cell phone wallet
Wife:
Dilbert desk calendar (got 1 2 years ago, now I request that as the one thing I really want every year)
TUFF Visor for the car, probably putting that in wife's van as I don't have trouble in my car, have some in her van now and again though.
Self bought (from wife - I set a budget for myself for games from Steam/wherever - and let her know what she bought me):
Battletech
Castle Battles
Battlefleet Gothic Armada (Warhammer 40K) - the first one
Last Hope - Tower Defense
Prime World - Defenders
(I like TD games, not that I'm that good at them and some simply strategy games like Castle Battles that I can play quick sometimes)
Brian

Post by Brian »

Extended family trip to Mexico which we took in late November/early December followed by an additional five days at an all-inclusive, adults only, clothing-optional resort for just the wife and I.

Christmas day I got a wireless headset for gaming on the PC.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

$50 Amazon Gift Card
$50 Steam Gift card
Star Wars Funko Pops (Chewy, Leia, Han, C3P0, Boba Fett, Vader, Phasma, Kylo Ren)
Final 2 Walking Dead Comics
NASA Pajamas
NASA Hoodie
2 Star Wars Shirts
Hoodoo Gurus tshirt
Rocket City Trash Pandas shirt
Small computer desk for my work laptop
Storm Glass
Socks
Harry's Razors
Last edited by Lassr on Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Winter running jacket
Winter running pants.

Methinks my wife is trying to tell me something, but what could it be? :think:

Wife got the a new wok she had been asking for, as well as a stainless soup pot that will go with other stainless steel service items we have for dinner parties. I wanted to get her a tureen, but there did not seem to be any readily available, and had I ordered from Amazon it would have spoiled the surprise. A few weeks ago I also got her some new Brooks running shoes for work - she was complaining about a sore back after working long shifts and she likes these better than nursing clogs.

My son got a Thomas track set...a rather complicated thing that he spent hours last night assembling according to the instructions. That he is attempting to follow instructions (mostly from diagrams since he can't really read yet) is a milestone. Daughter got a kids karaoke thing, some Disney princess stuff, and her first set of war paints.
Last edited by Jeff V on Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Blue jean pajama pants. Now I never need get dressed again.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Kids: Legos. My god...so many Legos. The great thing about Legos, however, is that I didn't have to assemble a single thing on Christmas Eve. And it kept them busy literally the entire day yesterday, and they're still only about 1/3 of the way done building their sets. Also got them Arms on Switch, another PS4 controller so they can play split-screen Minecraft, and a bunch of other random toys.

Mrs. Skinypupy: She refused to tell me anything she wanted, other than "I need some new clothes". So she got a bunch of gift cards to go buy some new clothes. Also got her a few Harry Potter things, as she's been listening to the audio books for about the fourth time. I'll admit it was pretty low effort on my end, but she seemed appreciative.

Me: Air Bud headphones, new Ecco dress shoes, a nifty new belt, about $300 in cash/gift cards, a few new dress shirts, and a pair of Kuhl pants, which are - by far - the comfiest work pants I've ever owned.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I just bought myself **** for Christmas. I bought myself a 6-can minifridge and 2 pairs of eyeglasses. I am waiting for a sale to buy my gaming PC. I doubt it'll get much cheaper than 1500 though. *sigh* Who was it that said "your ideal system always cost about $1500" or was it $2500?
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Mario Tennis Aces
$50 steam gift card
Light Jacket
Medium Jacket
Model 3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit
Spicy Beef Jerky Variety Pack (from Cayenne to Carolina Reaper)
Scorpion Peppers
Gloves
ummm... I am sure there was more, but there were no big things because I did buy myself a Tesla a few months ago.

We got the family a foosball table but that hardly counts since it was free.

For the younger one, a couple lego sets, beyblades, a drone and thew newest wimpy kid book. For the older one a couple young adult book series (maze runner and divergent) and some switch games and a steam gift card. For the wife a vacuum and an echo spot. She insisted on the vacuum... don't blame me for that!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
disarm

Post by disarm »

Our kids made out pretty well, but not much for me or the wife on the actual day. Our families aren't big gift people, and we have the means to buy most of the things we need or want for ourselves. We do have a Peloton Tread treadmill that's being delivered Friday though
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Skinypupy wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:42 am and a pair of Kuhl pants, which are - by far - the comfiest work pants I've ever owned.
You have my attention. Please tell me more! Which type of pants do you get?
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

gbasden wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:24 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:42 am and a pair of Kuhl pants, which are - by far - the comfiest work pants I've ever owned.
You have my attention. Please tell me more! Which type of pants do you get?
I have three pair of the Radikl pants. They’re amazingly comfortable (they’re made with mesh in each joint that gives them lots of flex), very durable, and look really good (I think so, anyways).
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
naednek

Post by naednek »

"Best Christmas Ever" was the phrase that was repeated throughout the day... So ya us parents won!

We do our Christmas with my side of the family the weekend before Christmas, so most of our presents were given then. They do christmas big and that makes it hard to keep expectations low for my wife's side. We have to remind the kids to be gracious and thankful. They generally do a good job of doing that, but sometimes kids will be kids.

From grandparents (can't recall everything

Ethan:
first acoustical guitar
PS4 Lego City Undercover
Clothes
a karaoke microphone
books
board game

Lila:
dollhouse (took me 4 hours to build)
barbie doll (save your Ken jokes, I've heard them all)
clothes
books
Hatchimal (kinda cool during the hatching process)

From us
Ethan:
FGTV T-shirt (party in an elevator) if your kids watch youtube shows, I'm sure they know what FGTV is.
Fortnite socks
Keyboard (bought it from the seller of our house we moved into)
Pajamas
Harry Potter book series, gave him the 1st 3 books, and will give the last 4 for his birthday in Feb
Bike

Lila:
bike
clothes
hatchimals
a new doll

Erin:
I bought her about $200 in LuLaRoe leggings\shirts. My cousin's wife was selling off her stock at half off, and she got about $400 worth of clothes for half off. This was a Bday\Christmas combo gift
Bike

Myself:
Corsair Void Wireless headset. (I originally received a corded one, but didn't realize I didn't have to have a bluetooth supported motherboard and could use a USB adapter so I exchanged)

Farcry 5
Just Cause 4 (I took it off my list but not in time)
The Castles of Burgundy.
God of War 4
Bluetooth ear buds
A music CD
Old Yeller ( a gag gift from my mom, who I wont' let my kids watch it as it's damaging :P)
49ers hat and T-shirt
Some nice long sleeve shirts
Giants logo that is framed
3 Giants pennents. Our new house has a hallway that is what I call Giants Orange. My wife hates it. I LOVE IT and always tease that I will make that my Giants wall of fame. She said that will never happen. She just gave me the ammo to do it :)
Got some cash from my parents (saving that for a computer upgrade this year)
Last edited by naednek on Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

For myself from myself, Fallout 76 and an SSD

From OO, Smash Bros Ultimate (Thanks, OO!)

From the Wishlistmas thread: Prey

From Michelle, a pair of comic books, both of which are awesome (I'm a sucker for 1st appearances.)

Enlarge Image

A couple of friends usually give us a board game. They did so again this year, but went all out, and I'm not kidding:
Spoiler:
That was a significant investment!
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Maingear Forma GT Gaming Chair
Root Board Game
Scythe Encounters expansion
Suitcase
Slippers
Pajama pants
Socks
Gillette Electric Shaver
Norelco Shaving Blades
D.Va Funco model from Blizzard convention
X-Wing Lando's Millennium Falcon

Bought myself some X-Wing 2.0 conversion sets and D&D books
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
msteelers

Post your loot!

Post by msteelers »

Edit: I’d like to delete my comment. It came off kind of dickish, which wasn’t my intent.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Dark Souls T-Shirt
Nirvana T-Shirt
32oz Beer Growler
Chain saw on an extension pole

And disease, I have been sick since Monday.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

msteelers wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:31 pm Edit: I’d like to delete my comment. It came off kind of dickish, which wasn’t my intent.
It's always best to only be dickish with intent.
It's almost as if people are the problem.