Super Bowl LII

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

geezer

Re: 2017 NFL Week 1

Post by geezer »

RunningMn9 wrote:
geezer wrote:I *told* RM9 Cousins was not to be trusted.
I've been told he's an elite QB. :)
Maybe next week?
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Let's hope, for the sake of my fantasy team. :)
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Kelric - Gilmore has always been a player that started the season slow and then becomes great by the end of the year
Make up bags of change
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Listened to the first quarter of Lions game on the way to an appointment. I didn't bother to return to it after I got out. Apparently that was a mistake. Maybe I'll set aside next Monday.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

LordMortis wrote:Listened to the first quarter of Lions game on the way to an appointment. I didn't bother to return to it after I got out. Apparently that was a mistake. Maybe I'll set aside next Monday.
Yeah they had a rough start but the defense was good all game and when the dust settled, Stafford had a 300+ yd, 4TD day. The one real downside was the penalties. They had too many, though hopefully that's due to this being game 1 and they will improve there. Late in the game Detroit played prevent and traded game time for a touchdown, which was fine. Overall a good first game for Detroit. Oh and once again Stafford gets it done after going into the 4th quarter behind in the score. This is why he's making the big bucks.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

LordMortis wrote:Listened to the first quarter of Lions game on the way to an appointment. I didn't bother to return to it after I got out. Apparently that was a mistake. Maybe I'll set aside next Monday.
They came back in a zillion games last year son, what's up with quitting in the middle? :)
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Lorini wrote:
They came back in a zillion games last year son, what's up with quitting in the middle? :)
Listening to what I listened to, I never even got to the middle. The pick six the play after a take away, the penalties, the punting. It might have looked better on TV but on the radio it sounded too brutal to give up the rest of my Sunday.

Normally, I watch at least the first two full games of the season and try to gauge how fair weather I will be, and after last year I was feeling the weather was going to be pretty fair, but I had a Sunday appointment that took watching the game off the table.

I'm curious to know what we will do for a 3rd string punter for the next few weeks.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

RunningMn9 wrote:Let's hope, for the sake of my fantasy team. :)
To be fair, Cousins has been hot garbage in the season opener the last 3 years. For whatever reason, it takes him a while to find a rhythm every year with the NFL preseason being what it is.
Hodor.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Let's hope, for the sake of my fantasy team. :)
Make up bags of change
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Jaymann wrote:Bummer, down goes Darby.
And this in, the Rams chose the wrong quarterback.
Jared Goff looked really good yesterday. Amazing what happens with a competent, on the rise offensively minded head coach.
Hodor.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

LordMortis wrote:
Lorini wrote:
Listening to what I listened to, I never even got to the middle. The pick six the play after a take away, the penalties, the punting. It might have looked better on TV but on the radio it sounded too brutal to give up the rest of my Sunday.

Normally, I watch at least the first two full games of the season and try to gauge how fair weather I will be, and after last year I was feeling the weather was going to be pretty fair, but I had a Sunday appointment that took watching the game off the table.

I'm curious to know what we will do for a 3rd string punter for the next few weeks.
According to ESPN Redfern tore both his ACL and MCL. Its likely that they are gonna need to sign a new punter for the rest of the season. Prater did a serviceable job as back up but I doubt that they really want to hang him out on punts all season, he is too valuable as a FG kicker.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

pr0ner wrote:
Jared Goff looked really good yesterday. Amazing what happens when teams play the Colts.
FTFY
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I'm trying to give a former Redskins guy a bit of love here!
Hodor.
Eightball

Post by Eightball »

RunningMn9 wrote:Let's hope, for the sake of my fantasy team. :)
Oh wow. He's your fantasy QB? Got a backup? Because with Jordan Reed and his fractured toe...well, he's basically the centerpiece/engine of the passing attack for the Redskins, and uh...Pryor can't apparently catch, so yeah. Good year, Redskins.
Stupid & lazy
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
pr0ner wrote:
Jared Goff looked really good yesterday. Amazing what happens when teams play the Colts.
FTFY
Pleasantly surprised as the Rams score more points yesterday than most of last season. But the Colts without Luck are like the Browns with anybody.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Re: 2017 NFL Week 2

Post by stessier »

Patriots won today but lost Gronk to a groin injury and it looked like Hogan and Dorsett were both hurt as well. That leaves Brandin Cooks as the only healthy wide receiver. This could be very bad.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

The Bills offense is *bad*. The defense did everything imaginable to beat the Panthers. If you only need 10 points to win the game, you have to win the game.

Also, the Panthers front seven is regoddamndiculous.
Make up bags of change
stessier

Post by stessier »

I saw a bit of the Bills. That defense is good but it probably helped that the coach was with the Panthers last year. Also, Taylor hit that WR in the hands just short of the goaline at the end of the game. You have to make that catch.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

I don't think the issue was McDermott being the D Coordinator in Carolina last year so much as the Panthers offensive line isn't very good. Add that to a passing game that wants to go downfield, and the Bills busted through for 6 sacks.

Against teams that feature a good quick passing game, this team will get shredded.

And yeah, the throw wasn't that great, but you've gotta make that catch rookie.
Make up bags of change
naednek

Post by naednek »

49ers weren't supposed to win, and it wasn't supposed to be this close. But it didn't help that the ref didn't call pass interference in the 4th qtr that would have extended the drive in the 4th qtr near the redzone.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

The refs didn't call PI against the Seahawks secondary?! I'm shocked!!
Make up bags of change
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Broncos looking mighty good after two games. If we beat the Bills next weekend, the following week in Denver against the Raiders will be damn good.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

If?!
It's almost as if people are the problem.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Seriously. There is a 100% chance the Broncos will beat this dog shit team.
Make up bags of change
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Let's count all the positives:

1) America's Team lost.
2) America's Team lost badly.
3) America's Team lost badly to the the Broncos.

Yep, a good day all around.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Agreed.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Certainly Dallas getting spanked was good news. Sadly if feels like a preview of what my crappy team will suffer next Sunday. I don't suppose that Denver really struggles coming east, do they? :)
Make up bags of change
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Ravens are 2- 0 and I'm still not certain if they are a good team or not as both of their opponents were pretty bad. Anyway, they should beat the Jaguars in London next Sunday.
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

tru1cy wrote:Ravens are 2- 0 and I'm still not certain if they are a good team or not as both of their opponents were pretty bad. Anyway, they should beat the Jaguars in London next Sunday.
Yes, they should. But Jacksonville likely will be a step up from both the Bengals and the Browns, assuming the Jaguars are healthy.

BTW, that's more of a comment about how bad the Bengals are and not how good the Jaguars are. I can't believe how inept the Bengals offense has been.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

msteelers wrote:
tru1cy wrote:Ravens are 2- 0 and I'm still not certain if they are a good team or not as both of their opponents were pretty bad. Anyway, they should beat the Jaguars in London next Sunday.
Yes, they should. But Jacksonville likely will be a step up from both the Bengals and the Browns, assuming the Jaguars are healthy.

BTW, that's more of a comment about how bad the Bengals are and not how good the Jaguars are. I can't believe how inept the Bengals offense has been.

I agree. They Ravens haven't played a good team and while 2-0 is good until they play the Steelers then I will know if they're for real or not

I did not think the Bengals would look this bad, but wow are they awful
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Xmann wrote:Broncos looking mighty good after two games. If we beat the Bills next weekend, the following week in Denver against the Raiders will be damn good.
Broncos/Raiders is always good. Raiders will win of course.
Black Lives Matter
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Lorini wrote:Broncos/Raiders is always good. Raiders will win of course.
Saving for future potential mockery. Unless they win and then I will say they got lucky or cheated or the refs were terrible.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

tru1cy wrote:I agree. They Ravens haven't played a good team and while 2-0 is good until they play the Steelers then I will know if they're for real or not
Yeah well the Steelers haven't been that exciting yet this year either. They are 2-0, but the offense hasn't fully clicked yet.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

tru1cy wrote: I agree. They Ravens haven't played a good team and while 2-0 is good until they play the Steelers then I will know if they're for real or not

I did not think the Bengals would look this bad, but wow are they awful
Agreed on the Ravens. I was encouraged that they ran the ball so much in week 1. Thinking the rest helped keep the defense fresh. But then, they were slinging the ball all over the place last Sunday. /shrug

My concerns - better teams on the horizon, and injuries piling up. Again.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Nice win for the Lions. The defense is looking strong so far this season and that was a question mark going in. On offense, they actually ran the ball effectively. While no one had a huge fantasy game, as a team they played well. This is the Lions, though and I know better than to take too much away from this game but with the tough schedule they face it's good to get a solid road win early. Next week against the Falcons should give us a better read on where the Lions really are. Hopefully, they don't get thumped.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

rshetts2 wrote:Nice win for the Lions. The defense is looking strong so far this season and that was a question mark going in. On offense, they actually ran the ball effectively. While no one had a huge fantasy game, as a team they played well. This is the Lions, though and I know better than to take too much away from this game but with the tough schedule they face it's good to get a solid road win early. Next week against the Falcons should give us a better read on where the Lions really are. Hopefully, they don't get thumped.
I am happy. As a homer, I felt the reffing was slanted when it counted heavy and the Lions overcame that. When the calls frustrate me, that's usually a sign that the team is also playing sloppy, and a big L is coming.

I also feel like this is the first time I have seen all three units play four quarters of football... With something approaching a running game and adjustments to the opposition!

And this will make two years in a row coming in to the season where I feel Stafford is is stepping up to the plate and playing incredibly smart and truly leading the offense. Coming in to 2016, I was still on the run him out of town bandwagon and now I feel fortunate to have him on the team and fortunate that he stayed loyal to the franchise with as many detractors as he has had.

I didn't know much of anything about Davis coming into the game but losing him feels like a blow. I suppose we'll have to "check the report" to see how he is faring.

It may be too early for polls, but the team are a pleasure to watch two games in and that has been the yard stick I have been measuring my commitment to give up Sunday (or Monday night) by.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Re: 2017 NFL Week 3

Post by ImLawBoy »

When does the Bears season start? From what I've seen, they're just scrimmaging so far, but I'd like to see what they can do if they make an effort.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

ImLawBoy wrote:When does the Bears season start? From what I've seen, they're just scrimmaging so far, but I'd like to see what they can do if they make an effort.
Why? If they made an effort they might win. And if they win they will not get the first choice of rookies. And that apparently means something in the circles where the Bears like to hang. I think they call themselves the "No Patriots Club."
Black Lives Matter
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

RunningMn9 wrote:Certainly Dallas getting spanked was good news. Sadly if feels like a preview of what my crappy team will suffer next Sunday. I don't suppose that Denver really struggles coming east, do they? :)
Still holding my breath on the Broncos. Very positive outlook thus far.

The fact they have held Dallas to 40 yards rushing and the Chargers to 60 is a good sign. And the fact that Trevor Semien has made a moderate jump from last year to this year already is good news for Broncos fans.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

I'll tell you what I can't figure out - how did the Broncos only open as a 1 point favorite? What did Vegas know that I don't?
Make up bags of change