[Film] The Disaster Artist / The Masterpiece

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

[Film] The Disaster Artist / The Masterpiece

Post by Isgrimnur »

Wiki
The Disaster Artist is an upcoming American biographical comedy film directed by, co-produced by, and starring James Franco. Based on Greg Sestero's non-fiction book of the same name, the film depicts the early friendship of Sestero and Tommy Wiseau, the filmmaker behind the 2003 cult film The Room, and the making of the film itself.

The film stars James and Dave Franco alongside a supporting cast featuring Seth Rogen, Josh Hutcherson, Ari Graynor, Jacki Weaver, Hannibal Buress, Andrew Santino, Zac Efron, Alison Brie, Sharon Stone and Bryan Cranston. Principal photography of the film began on December 8, 2015. It is scheduled to be theatrically released in 2017. It will have its world premiere at South by Southwest in March 2017.
The title was changed from The Disaster Artist to The Masterpiece in April 2016, though The Disaster Artist was confirmed as the official title when the film's SXSW premiere was announced
IMDB

Book trailer from 2013
Last edited by Isgrimnur on Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Kraken

Re: [Film] Thee Disaster Artist / The Masterpiece

Post by Kraken »

Wow, what a cast for a movie about making the worst movie of all time.
hepcat

Re: [Film] Thee Disaster Artist / The Masterpiece

Post by hepcat »

I fear the day is coming in which all films will be made by, and starring, James Franco.
He won. Period.
gilraen

Re: [Film] The Disaster Artist / The Masterpiece

Post by gilraen »

Just went to see it and really enjoyed it. I've never seen "The Room" (and based on the clips shows in "The Disaster Artist", have no desire to), but Franco did an incredible job with his character portrayal.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I watched The Room a few years ago, thinking it might be so-bad-it's-good...but no, it's just really, really bad -- the rare movie that does everything wrong. It was fascinating enough in a train-wreck way to sit through the whole thing.

Looking forward to The DIsaster Artist, which is getting great reviews. I'm curious to see how a movie about a really really bad movie can be really really good. Probably won't see it in a theater, though -- I want to see The Shape of Water, Wife wants to see Lady Bird, and we're both mildly interested in Star Wars: Forced to Sit Through It, so our next movie will probably be one of those.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Kraken wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:48 pm I'm curious to see how a movie about a really really bad movie can be really really good.
Worked for Ed Wood.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Smoove_B wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:05 am
Kraken wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:48 pm I'm curious to see how a movie about a really really bad movie can be really really good.
Worked for Ed Wood.
Yeah, I remembered that after I posted. Difference is that Ed Wood made a lot of movies and some of them have stood the test of time as high camp, if only for a laugh. I know there's a cult following for The Room, too, but those people are masochists. Tommy Wiseau isn't fit to shine Ed Wood's shoes.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Say what you will but I really wanted to get this for Ugly Christmas Sweater Day...

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln