Humans are very slow learners

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

malchior

Re: Humans are very slow learners

Post by malchior »

It could easily also be argued that the online voting is working just as they expected.
Rip

Post by Rip »

malchior wrote:It could easily also be argued that the online voting is working just as they expected.
You should run one to name you next kid then. I look forward to seeing pictures Baby McBabyface after it is born. Hey, at least it is gender neutral.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Says the man who still supports Trump :D

But it's not just on-line voting. Back in the 70's the Stanford U student body had to vote for a name for the football (I think) team.

They chose "Robber Barons", which would have been great, except administration vetoed the idea.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Link went to breitbart. I closed my browser instantly. Fake news.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

tgb wrote:Says the man who still supports Trump :D

But it's not just on-line voting. Back in the 70's the Stanford U student body had to vote for a name for the football (I think) team.

They chose "Robber Barons", which would have been great, except administration vetoed the idea.
It's also why we have the UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs.

The students voted for the least fearsome amd aggressive mascot they could and it so ticked the chancellor off that he immediately decided they would be the sea lions.

He got overruled.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Rip wrote:
malchior wrote:It could easily also be argued that the online voting is working just as they expected.
You should run one to name you next kid then. I look forward to seeing pictures Baby McBabyface after it is born. Hey, at least it is gender neutral.
Based on the results of these types of online votes, it would be a great idea *if* I was trying to drum up publicity for my child.
Rip

Post by Rip »

malchior wrote:
Rip wrote:
Based on the results of these types of online votes, it would be a great idea *if* I was trying to drum up publicity for my child.
Baby McBabyface. It has a name!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

When I was growing up, long before the concept of online voting, the local newspaper held a competition to name the new mall that was opening up. My favorite entry, "Buddy Gribbles Best-est Mall!" lost by only a few votes.

I think that was the moment my childhood died...
He won. Period.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Damn Ruskies! :mrgreen:
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

tangentially, there was a new local arcade that was holding a naming contest. my brother and i thought very long on this and submitted several entries (you could enter as many times as you wanted.)

the winning name? "[Owner name]'s Billiards and Games"

...you really needed to have a naming contest to come up with that?