Star Wars Celebration

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Punisher

Star Wars Celebration

Post by Punisher »

Didn't see a thread on this...
my family and I are going this year (In a week and a half!Yay!)
First one for us..
Has anyone gone before?
Any tips or special things to keep an eye on?
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Zarathud

Re: Star Wars Celebration

Post by Zarathud »

Kylo Ren is not supposed to be hugged. ;)
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Zarathud wrote:Kylo Ren is not supposed to be hugged. ;)
Or perhaps, he just wasn't hugged enough...
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Never been but I hope you all have fun and hope you give.us an AAR especially with the new movie coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

Is this about Life Day or the pun one?
There is no hug button. Sad!
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

All the pics I took for the most part.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/64P ... 51uYUkSKw0
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Overall we all had a good time... Had to bow out on the convention on Friday due to various health related things (tiredness mostly and some pain issues on my part). We did hit Disney's first Galactic Nights on Friday night though.

Thursday was very disorganized and lines were super long. Doors opened at 10AM and we arrived at 8:45AM to get in line. We didn't actually make it in until about 11:30AM, so no way to get in and see any of the early events.
Panels were a complete no go. You literally had to sleep in the convention center the night before and we were just not up for that. they did have the panels streaming in places throughout the convention so that helped, but again, if you didn't sleep over, you weren't doing any of the early events.
We spent all of Thursday just going through the vendor booths and did not make it all the way through by end of day. Lots of cool stuff though.. Fantasy Flight games had a room on the 2nd floor demoing some games and these ran past the closing of the show floor, so I went up and sat in on a game of the Force Awakens RPG. Did not get to finish since they had a closing time, but still had fun..
My son, his fiance and her sister showed up around 4AM after driving almost 24 hours (major traffic in 3 states).

As mentioned, Friday was a rest day for all of us, but Disney was great at night. They let us in around 4:30PM and around 7PM closed the park to regular customers. Lot's of people in costume and they had a few parades including a motorcade of some of the actors. The closing fireworks show was great!

Saturday and Sunday was more of the same. pretty much stayed in the Vendor area. Sunday had us waiting almost 3 hours in line to get into the Celebration store (and that was short compared to the rest of the week). Other than streaming, we just couldn't see any of the panels.

Saturday was also the big day for costumes.. There were easily hundreds more people in costumes than any of the other days...and it was a lot more crowded as well.

I've got some other video from a 4K Hero clone that I need to go through and see how it came out. (First time using it and bought it specifically for this show. Only paid $35, so I can't complain too much)

We are probably going to try to go to the next one in 2019, but are also considering waiting until the new star wars park is up and do that at the same time, so might have to wait until 2020 (I think that is the projected opening year)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Punisher wrote:All the pics I took for the most part.

Is it me or is there a lot of pics of chainmail bikini princess? :)

Looks fun but waaay over crowded. At 20 I stood all day in 98 degree heat and watched an airshow. Now in that crowd inside in ac I could maybe make it 2 hours.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Daehawk wrote:
Punisher wrote:All the pics I took for the most part.

Is it me or is there a lot of pics of chainmail bikini princess? :)

Looks fun but waaay over crowded. At 20 I stood all day in 98 degree heat and watched an airshow. Now in that crowd inside in ac I could maybe make it 2 hours.
RE: Slave Leia
What happened is that there were a few of them, so we took a couple of pics.
Then more came and we took some more.
We were there for about 30 minutes (Original intention was to get a family pic in front of Jabba). After 30 minutes, even more kept coming! As more kept coming, the photographer kept having to push the crowd back.. At one point they had the Mandolorian Mercs provide crowd control...
We ended up leaving after 45 minutes when we found out that this was all in prep for a scheduled photo shoot.
I think it was over an hour before they got them all there and the crowd kept getting bigger... They really should have scheduled that before the show opened or after it closed. We went by almost an hour after we left and they were still going at it so we decided to skip it.

As for the crowds, it wasn't too bad overall. There were definitely ways to go around crowds. Only when specific events happened (that photo shoot, parades, etc..) was there too much of a crowd to maneuver.
infinitelurker

Post by infinitelurker »

Thought I'd share a few pics from our Saturday visit to Celebration. I had never been to a convention, and didn't really know what to expect. Yes, there were tons of people, but there was still space to move about easily.
Everybody was super nice and I loved seeing the creativity in the costumes.

Here were my favorites that I didn't see in Punisher's pics (thanks for those!):

She called herself Snow-ba Fett, mashup of Snow White and Boba Fett:

These guys were walking around and then finally settled in one place for people to take some pics - Muppets meet Star Wars:

And this little girl, she called herself BB-SK8, and was handing out trading cards with her pic on them and social media info. Just adorable, it's a 75MB gif, so I'll just give a link:

http://imgur.com/a/WBU7w

I saw this on Twitter and wish I saw it in person:

"This tiny Jyn Erso went to the Star Wars Celebration and handed out copies of the Death Star plans to every Leia"
-something witty-
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

We saw Snow-Ba Fett a few times on the way to other things.. and she is in those large group shots somewhere (The Mando Mercs all got together at one point and there were a ton of them).
My son saw the Muppets, but I don't remember seeing them.
I wish I saw tiny Jyn.. that was a cool idea.