MLB Season 2017!

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Lorini

MLB Season 2017!

Post by Lorini »

The Giants will suck. That is all.

Not really. Congrats Cubs on your World Series win. It's amazing how many Cubs fans have come out of the woodwork in Los Angeles. More Cubs fans than Rams fans! Imagine that!

Prediction, the Dodgers will continue their mastery of the NL West.

Also, ESPN is running back to back games tomorrow, so if you can, try to catch some of them to see teams in action. Somehow the ESPN website has the ESPN TV schedule all wrong btw, so go to MLB.com for the real deal.
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Re: MLB Season 2017!

Post by naednek »

hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

We're gonna be good in April!!!!
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Ah, I see the Giants bullpen is in its usual form :).
Black Lives Matter
Inverarity

Post by Inverarity »

Outside of Cespedes, it's quite likely every starting position player on the Mets will be gone after this year. To say our time is now is an understatement.

Here's to staying healthy.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Well Wright isn't going anywhere unless he retires. If he plays is of course not likely.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Terrible play at first base for Cards. And there you go.
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Just wait 'til next year!
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Zero expectations, pressure, or hope for the White Sox this year. It's oddly calming. Just going to enjoy baseball.

Will be interesting to see what Chris Sale can do with some run support.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

LawBeefaroni wrote:Zero expectations, pressure, or hope for the White Sox this year. It's oddly calming. Just going to enjoy baseball.

A good friend of mine who is a big Sox fan is buying MiLB.tv this year so he can watch Moncada, Giolito, Lopez, et al. along with the big boys.
Hodor.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Projected to be a great year for the Red Sox. Numbers people seem to love them. I bet stessier thinks that they have a shot at 70, maybe even 75, wins.

The main thing that Red Sox fans will be eyeing nervously is what the hell's going on with David Price's arm. If he's great, the Sox have an amazing rotation. But there's a non-trivial chance that he stinks, his arm comes flying off after about a month, and he's then out for the year.
Black Lives Matter.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Gametime! Stupid 1PM games. :(

Family Guy Mets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okXhAC78d4Q
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Looking at the statcast on my phone and Noah is hitting triple digits on his SINKER. Oh and he's sporting a changeup now too. I don't even think I could stand in the plate in a suit of armor against someone like that. :lol:

stessier

Post by stessier »

El Guapo wrote:Projected to be a great year for the Red Sox. Numbers people seem to love them. I bet stessier thinks that they have a shot at 70, maybe even 75, wins.
What, did they get the 2004 team back together without telling me?
The main thing that Red Sox fans will be eyeing nervously is what the hell's going on with David Price's arm. If he's great, the Sox have an amazing rotation. But there's a non-trivial chance that he stinks, his arm comes flying off after about a month, and he's then out for the year.
I can't imagine a Sox fan who isn't still conditioned to believe this is a given rather than a non-trivial chance.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Post by stessier »

162-0, here we come!!
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

As a Denver Bronco, I hate damn Brady and Gronk.

However, that was awesome and funny as hell what Gronk did to Brady during the pregame.

Oh yeah, Rockies in 1st place!!
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Xmann wrote:
Oh yeah, Rockies in 1st place!!
Yesterday was the first time in my son's life that the Cubs were not in first place. He was crying all morning.

El Guapo wrote:I bet stessier thinks that they have a shot at 70, maybe even 75, wins.
I take it he's not crowning Benintendi the ALROY just yet?
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Mets already have two pitchers that look like they could be out a long time. We do have some decent depth, but holy crap our pitchers are fragile. Matz gets hurt brushing his teeth in the morning. :P

Didn't realize that the Mets have off today. I hate the schedules for the start of the season. :P

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Good to see Kershaw as Kershaw :). And our bullpen did well, unlike some others ones, just sayin' naednek. It's also nice that the MLB let's us beat up on the Padres on opening day, always good to start the season with a guaranteed win!!
Black Lives Matter
DD*

Post by DD* »

And the Tigers are undefeated this year! World Series for sure!

More seriously, JV looked pretty damn solid in almost 7 innings of work and the team was stroking the long ball, as expected. The "experts" are calling for low 80s in the win column, as a homer I'm saying 90! :)
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

DD* wrote:And the Tigers are undefeated this year! World Series for sure!

More seriously, JV looked pretty damn solid in almost 7 innings of work and the team was stroking the long ball, as expected. The "experts" are calling for low 80s in the win column, as a homer I'm saying 90! :)
Don't get too excited when they sweep the White Sox. This is not a good Chicago team and they already used their best starter.

Lorini wrote:It's also nice that the MLB let's us beat up on the Padres on opening day, always good to start the season with a guaranteed win!!
And so nice of LA to give the Padres a win yesterday. :wink:

MYT
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

LawBeefaroni wrote:
El Guapo wrote:I bet stessier thinks that they have a shot at 70, maybe even 75, wins.
I take it he's not crowning Benintendi the ALROY just yet?
I think he's predicting that Benintendi will hit .450 for the first month of the season, then get hit by a cement truck.
Black Lives Matter.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

And the Dodgers front office PROMISED that our hitting left handed pitching woes were over. :roll:
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Scott Sterling!
St. Louis Cardinals right fielder Stephen Piscotty only had one plate appearance in the fifth inning of Tuesday night's game against the Chicago Cubs, but that didn't stop baseballs from finding him multiple times.

Three, to be exact.

The bizarre sequence of events started when Cubs pitcher Jake Arrieta hit Piscotty on his right arm with an 89-mph pitch. Then, two batters later, the outfielder swiped second on a wild pitch—but not without the throw beaning him. And finally, as he tried to score from second on an infield hit, Piscotty got hit in the head by the throw home.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
naednek

Post by naednek »

Lorini wrote:Good to see Kershaw as Kershaw :). And our bullpen did well, unlike some others ones, just sayin' naednek. It's also nice that the MLB let's us beat up on the Padres on opening day, always good to start the season with a guaranteed win!!
Looks like you blew your wad... Tsk tsk
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

My patented, "turn off the game when the Angels fall behind" works again.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

LawBeefaroni wrote:
Come on, Boston.

MYT
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Positives... Bruce looks good in his first 2 games. Negatives. Collins is still the manager. Sure the Mets couldn't hit, but the master of the bullpen was in mid-season form already. Leaving a guy in for WAYYYY longer than he should have.

Montero 1.2 innings 3 hits, 2 runs and 3 walks... :doh: That kid is just never going to be good in the majors no matter how much talent they think he has.

deGrom looked great and was pulled after 6 with 95 pitches thrown. Can't argue with that since it's only his first start of the season and he's coming off surgery.

It's going to be a long season of me complaining as always. :P

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

LawBeefaroni wrote:
LawBeefaroni wrote:
Come on, Boston.
I mean, it will still be interesting. When it happens, one day.

Still, great debut by Sale.
Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Perfect season remains intact! We should really just call it now - no one is going to be able to keep pace. Our run differential is a whopping 40% greater than the Orioles!
DD*

Post by DD* »

Chicago is so scared of the Tigers, they arranged for two rainouts and maybe snow today...
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

stessier wrote:Perfect season remains intact! We should really just call it now - no one is going to be able to keep pace. Our run differential is a whopping 40% greater than the Orioles!
Who hacked stessier's account?
Black Lives Matter.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

DD* wrote:Chicago is so scared of the Tigers, they arranged for two rainouts and maybe snow today...
Game on. When you don't care about winning you fear no team.

:(

MYT
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

naednek wrote:
Lorini wrote:Good to see Kershaw as Kershaw :). And our bullpen did well, unlike some others ones, just sayin' naednek. It's also nice that the MLB let's us beat up on the Padres on opening day, always good to start the season with a guaranteed win!!
Looks like you blew your wad... Tsk tsk
Um naednek, difficult for the bullpen to blow it when its team has scored zero runs, just sayin'.
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Isgrimnur wrote:The bizarre sequence of events started when Cubs pitcher Jake Arrieta hit Piscotty on his right arm with an 89-mph pitch. Then, two batters later, the outfielder swiped second on a wild pitch—but not without the throw beaning him. And finally, as he tried to score from second on an infield hit, Piscotty got hit in the head by the throw home.
And in today's Cubs-Cards game, more craziness ensued. A hit literally stuck to Molina's chest protector as the runner took first.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Might want to check what's on that ball.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Well, the Royals had a nice run.

Anyone interested in a lightly used SS, CF, 3B or 1B?
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

8am and heading to Coors Field for opening day.

Beautiful 70 degrees and sunny here in Colorado.

Have the Rockies ever played a more meaningful game against the Dodgers this late in the season? First place on the line today!
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Gotta love that Giant pitching! When y'all gonna start winning some games naednek?
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

That's it - season's ruined. I'd say we might as well throw in the towel and trade everyone with an eye toward building to the future, but no one in their right mind would give us a wooden nickle for this bunch of stiffs. Welcome to another century of futility. Sad.