Car leaking water?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

McNutt

Car leaking water?

Post by McNutt »

Last night we drove about three miles in my Suburban and noticed water steadily dripping out of what I identified as the AC runoff valve. I would expect some drips after heavy AC use, but we were only in the car for 10 minutes and it was dripping a lot. Enough to have an 8' trail of water when we pulled to the curb to park.

Internet digging tells me that it's normal and not an issue. But it felt like way too much water to be normal. Any ideas?

Thanks
Lassr

Re: Car leaking water?

Post by Lassr »

McNutt wrote:Last night we drove about three miles in my Suburban and noticed water steadily dripping out of what I identified as the AC runoff valve. I would expect some drips after heavy AC use, but we were only in the car for 10 minutes and it was dripping a lot. Enough to have an 8' trail of water when we pulled to the curb to park.

Internet digging tells me that it's normal and not an issue. But it felt like way too much water to be normal. Any ideas?

Thanks
I've had excess water drip out especially on humid days.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Sounds normal to me. Where else would water be coming from?

If it's humid enough you'll get a lot of condensation and dripping even after just a few minutes.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

McNutt wrote: it was dripping a lot. Enough to have an 8' trail of water when we pulled to the curb to park.
Well.... Since volume isn't measure by length alone, I don't think you've done a good job describing the amount of water you saw... Just sayin...

:coffee:
Enlarge Image
tgb

Post by tgb »

No, but thanks for your concern.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Unless you're short on coolant, nothing to worry about.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Unagi wrote:
McNutt wrote: it was dripping a lot. Enough to have an 8' trail of water when we pulled to the curb to park.
Well.... Since volume isn't measure by length alone, I don't think you've done a good job describing the amount of water you saw... Just sayin...
What I was meaning that the trail was not a series of spaced-out drops but a thin solid line of water.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

McNutt wrote:
Unagi wrote:
What I was meaning that the trail was not a series of spaced-out drops but a thin solid line of water.
Well, when was the last time you took your car for a walk?
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us

Post by Default »

If you have your ventilation set to windshield, the ac runs to take the moisture out of the air it is moving. Dry air defrosts better than moist air, so, yeah, it's normal.
"pcp, lsd, thc, tgb...it's all good." ~ Kraken