[Film] Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

[Film] Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen

Post by Isgrimnur »

News
The story of the year broke late last night as “Hellboy” creator Mike Mignola announced that Neil Marshall would be directing an “R”-rated reboot of the franchise, which would star “Stranger Things'” David Harbour as the title character.

THR had some additional info, including the film’s working title: Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen.
The screenplay is allegedly done and was penned by Andrew Cosby, Christopher Golden, and Mignola.

It is also confirmed that Guillermo del Toro is not involved, nor is Ron Perlman, the actor who inhabited the red-skinned, cigar-chomping devil in the two previous installments.
Commence the wailing and gnashing of teeth.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
TheMix

Re: [Film] Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen

Post by TheMix »

I thought Harbour was excellent in Stranger Things. But it's going to be hard to see anyone else in the role. Still, I'll wait and see. I do love me some Hellboy.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The only reason that the film adaptation of Hellboy worked was the combo of longtime collaborators Perlman and del Toro. I hope the new blood can do it justice, but I doubt they'll be able to pull it off as well as those two did.
Covfefe!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

R rated super stuff is the new fad after Deadpool and it will be taken too far. Right now though I welcome R heroes.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Its hard to see Perlman being replaced by anyone but I think Harbor is a decent choice. Its too bad that they couldnt work out a 3rd one with Del Toro and Perlman but Im willing to give them a chance with a new cast.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

rshetts2 wrote:Its hard to see Perlman being replaced
+1

I'm all about the R Rated comics books as long as it's a appropriate. Lobo, for instance, would be a good candidate for an R rated comic.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Here's some good news on the new Hellboy movie, they have signed Ian McShane for a major role.
McShane will play Professor Trevor Bruttenholm, the head of the Bureau of Paranormal Research and Defense and Hellboy's adoptive father
Thats a good grab for the movie, McShane is a hot commodity normally but his role in American Gods has bumped that even more.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Deadline
Director Neil Marshall has found his Blood Queen. Milla Jovovich is in final talks to join the Marshall-directed reboot of Hellboy, sources said.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Well, now they have to work even harder to overcome this decision.
Covfefe!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I was worried it'd be lame without Perlman, but the trailer looks like they captured the character well.

Maybe a notch more serious, less campy - but good.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I know next to nothing about the Hellboy mythos, and didn't really care for the last set of movies.

As a relative noob, I think that looks fantastic.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I appreciate, too, that this actor is probably spending 5 hours every morning from 3am to 8am having the full-body makeup applied.
Black Lives Matter

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I like the visuals, and that they kept Hellboy’s sense of humor, but the actor playing Hellboy needs to keep his mouth closed sometimes...literally. Every scene in that trailer his mouth is hanging open like he’s an idiot. It doesn’t help that the mask/makeup they used for his face seems to allow for little to no expression. He just looks like a moron.

I’ll probably see it, but I doubt it will even be 1/10th the movie the originals were...even if they apparently stole the ending from the first one.
Covfefe!
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

It looks like Hellboys face lost a battle or two.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
naednek

Post by naednek »

Paingod wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:59 am I was worried it'd be lame without Perlman, but the trailer looks like they captured the character well.

Maybe a notch more serious, less campy - but good.
I felt the opposite. Thought it was a big step down from the originals.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
naednek

Post by naednek »

hepcat wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:11 am I like the visuals, and that they kept Hellboy’s sense of humor, but the actor playing Hellboy needs to keep his mouth closed sometimes...literally. Every scene in that trailer his mouth is hanging open like he’s an idiot. It doesn’t help that the mask/makeup they used for his face seems to allow for little to no expression. He just looks like a moron.

I’ll probably see it, but I doubt it will even be 1/10th the movie the originals were...even if they apparently stole the ending from the first one.
Not sure if you watch Stranger Things but the person playing hellboy is the sheriff.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

naednek wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:15 pm
hepcat wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:11 am I like the visuals, and that they kept Hellboy’s sense of humor, but the actor playing Hellboy needs to keep his mouth closed sometimes...literally. Every scene in that trailer his mouth is hanging open like he’s an idiot. It doesn’t help that the mask/makeup they used for his face seems to allow for little to no expression. He just looks like a moron.

Not sure if you watch Stranger Things but the person playing hellboy is the sheriff.
So it's a two-hour Tide ad?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Yeah, I’ve been aware of the casting for a while, and that actor is pretty good, but the prosthetics they’re using for Hellboy just look goofy and expressionless. He looks like Robbie Rotten.
Covfefe!
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Not everyone can start with Ron Perlman's massive chin.
Black Lives Matter

stimpy

Post by stimpy »

hepcat wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:25 pm He looks like Robbie Rotten.
Haha.....THAT"S who he reminded me of!!!
Yeah.....that makeup job looks pretty weak.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Daniel Dae Kim looks great.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Does that actor always talk like that or is the costume affecting his speech?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

hepcat wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:25 pm

Yeah, I’ve been aware of the casting for a while, and that actor is pretty good, but the prosthetics they’re using for Hellboy just look goofy and expressionless. He looks like Robbie Rotten.
Yeah, his mouth does look pretty weird in the trailer. It looks like he has localized anesthesia in his face because he just got some cavities filled.
Black Lives Matter.