Casement windows question

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Vorret

Casement windows question

Post by Vorret »

I bought an AC unit that I need to install but I have casement windows in my appartement.
Now I wonder how safe it is to simply open the window and leave it open all summer? I'm not talking burglar here, more, is there any chance the wind can rip it off or something?

I'm trying to do the installation as easily as possible !
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Paingod

Re: Casement windows question

Post by Paingod »

It would probably depend on the material the window is built out of and the strength of your winds. You might be better off seeing if you can disconnect/unscrew/unmount the window from the frame. Your landlord may not appreciate that, though.

Ours are the kind that open from the middle, and I can't imagine getting winds strong enough to bother them short of a hurricane or tornado - but leaving them open creates a problem around trying to seal the frame (without a window) to keep rain out.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

Get a floor unit with a window exhaust. Something like this: Unit and then put in a screen like this Screen
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Guy's he's trolling you. He's from Canada.. The only reason they need AC in the home is to helpbring the temperature up in the apartment.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us