For Smoove....flying squid

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

IceBear

For Smoove....flying squid

Post by IceBear »

I am disappointed that they leap out of the water to avoid predators and not to devour birds
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... z2KJDgxqVx
Smoove_B

Re: For Smoove....flying squid

Post by Smoove_B »

Wow. That would freak me out beyond words. I can imagine being in a canoe or a slow moving boat thinking how safe I am, when suddenly squid take to the air. That's just not right.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Holman

Post by Holman »

LOOK UP RIGHT NOW!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Well, technically the flying squid of today are currently preyed upon by dinosaur descendants. But the flying squid have evolution on their side, given that they "are prolific reproducers" and are just beginning to use their jet propulsion to fly.

The real nightmare fuel? What evolution will next shape them into. Remember that documentary where they'd taken to the trees? One day, a fearsomely intelligent jet-propelled brood of tree squid await the simpleton Smoovelings of the future (cursed as they are, by the toxic soup of their New Jerseyite predecessors)...

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke