hepcat

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase Four

Post by hepcat »

I really want a Namor film still.
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hepcat wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:03 pm I really want a Namor film still.
How about a Cabal movie?

Namor, Norman Osborn, Doctor Doom, Emma Frost, Loki, and The Hood? The perfect vehicle to tie in the mutants into the DCU.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Jag

Post by Jag »

Buy the Micronauts from Hasbro. That's my wish. Came very close to getting Bug in GOTG.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Jag wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:28 pm Buy the Micronauts from Hasbro. That's my wish. Came very close to getting Bug in GOTG.
ROM: Spaceknight would be my dream show.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

But Rom should only do what his action figure did back in the early 80s....light up and make about 6 different sounds. Oh, and break apart when your little brother decided he should get into a death battle with your Biotron action figure.

You know what? I’m still ticked about that. I’m calling him right now. Punk owes me a Rom and a Micronaut.
He won. Period.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

hentzau wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:15 pm
Jag wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:28 pm Buy the Micronauts from Hasbro. That's my wish. Came very close to getting Bug in GOTG.
ROM: Spaceknight would be my dream show.
I was OBSESSED with ROM as a 6 year old. I remember it both grossing me out and fascinating me that he was fused inside the armor.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

THR
At Walt Disney's shareholder meeting two weeks ago, CEO Bob Iger spoke of the "long-term value" inherent in the company's pending acquisition of most of 21st Century Fox. "We will hit the ground running as soon as the deal closes," he told attendees.

The flowery language, arguably befitting of such a monumental deal, was typical of the comments coming from Disney for more than a year as regulators slowly approved the partial merger.

Nary a public word was spoken about layoffs, but less than two days after the $71.3 billion deal officially closed at two minutes past midnight ET on Wednesday, it was clear that hitting the ground running means, at least initially, lots of lost jobs.
Part of the frustration, multiple employees tell The Hollywood Reporter, is that Disney has been less than forthcoming about who will be let go and when. Regarding severance, employees have been told they will get two weeks of pay for every year served, with a maximum of two years in severance pay.
Indeed, Disney hasn't disclosed the number of jobs that would be lost — and that has yet to change. Analysts estimate 4,000-10,000, though several employees say the number being floated among people in the know is closer to 3,000.

Among the many assets Disney purchased was the Fox film and TV studio, where several in senior leadership were given notice throughout the day on Thursday, including 20th Century Fox film president of domestic distribution Chris Aronson, president of worldwide marketing Pamela Levine, co-president of marketing Kevin Campbell and chief content officer Tony Sella.

An employee at the Fox studio lot described a "revolving door of execs going in and out of a conference room staffed with Disney HR."

Others at Fox getting their walking papers included international distribution president Andrew Cripps, executive vp corporate communications Dan Berger, executive vp legal affairs Bob Cohen and executive vp publicity Heather Phillips.

One employee on the TV side told THR how disheartened the television employees were at witnessing the carnage in film, but later the ax began to fall there, as well, with Twentieth Television president Greg Meidel let go.

Disney also laid off Fox Consumer Products boss Jim Fielding and sources say that of about 50 U.S.-based staffers in that division, five have received pink slips. "I've never seen anything like this — from any company," says a Fox employee who witnessed Thursday's drama.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Two of the biggest studios just merged, with redundancy up and down the corporate ladder. A bloodbath after the merger was inevitable.

When I worked in the corporate world we were bought out by our biggest competitor. For over a year leading up to the sale there were fears of massive layoffs. While layoffs did eventually come, it wasn't until well after the merger.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Chris Hemsworth has welcomed Ryan Reynolds to the Marvel Cinematic Universe by sharing a picture of Deadpool adorned with Thor paraphernalia.
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/03/25 ... lds-to-mcu

Enlarge Image
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Well, wait.
Doesn't that seem much more like a Ryan Reynold's poke at Chris Hemsworth?

Winking while wearing the helmet and pinching a little hammer in his hands? I mean, that's mighty generous of Chris Hemsworth.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

From the article:

Reynolds posted a picture of Deadpool wearing Mickey Mouse ears while riding in a Disney school bus. Per The Hollywood Reporter, "Reynolds' Deadpool is expected to be the only iteration of the X-Men to make the jump to Disney,” suggesting the rest of the X-Men will undergo a reboot, though Deadpool may enter the MCU unscathed.

Where is any of that based from... and why would ... jus I don't get it at all..
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Deadline
Still not announced by Disney: What are the Marvel movies next year on May 1 and Nov. 6? Intelligent buzz is that it’s two of three: Black Widow, Shang Chi or The Eternals.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Hey look, MCU movies I don't give a damn about... I guess we were due.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I am mildly interested in how they bring back Black Widow, but I will just read the spoilers.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

I'll be there for whatever comes next, even a martial arts movie. I had no expectations for Iron Man, thought ridiculous characters like Thor and Captain America belonged to another era, and laughed at the idea a talking raccoon and a tree could be characters and fit right in with the human characters. Yet, here we are.

Someday Marvel will stumble and it will be over. Nothing lasts forever. But until that day comes I will give them the benefit of the doubt on whatever they plan, no matter how wacky it sounds.
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

Jaymann wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:35 pm I am mildly interested in how they bring back Black Widow, but I will just read the spoilers.
I think the plan is for it to be a prequel. Not sure if that's official or just rumour, though.

coopasonic wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:25 pm Hey look, MCU movies I don't give a damn about... I guess we were due.
What gameoverman said.

- Ash
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

gameoverman wrote:I'll be there for whatever comes next, even a martial arts movie. I had no expectations for Iron Man, thought ridiculous characters like Thor and Captain America belonged to another era, and laughed at the idea a talking raccoon and a tree could be characters and fit right in with the human characters. Yet, here we are.

Someday Marvel will stumble and it will be over. Nothing lasts forever. But until that day comes I will give them the benefit of the doubt on whatever they plan, no matter how wacky it sounds.
+1, except for the unnecessary bashing of Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America. I mainly read Spider-Man comics as a kid, but those were always the big three of the Marvel Universe and felt like a big deal whenever they would pop up in a Spidey book.
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

msteelers wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:16 pm
gameoverman wrote:I'll be there for whatever comes next, even a martial arts movie. I had no expectations for Iron Man, thought ridiculous characters like Thor and Captain America belonged to another era, and laughed at the idea a talking raccoon and a tree could be characters and fit right in with the human characters. Yet, here we are.

+1, except for the unnecessary bashing of Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America. I mainly read Spider-Man comics as a kid, but those were always the big three of the Marvel Universe and felt like a big deal whenever they would pop up in a Spidey book.
I'm not a comic book reader, so for me I knew Cap and Thor as old characters from another time. I didn't know anything at all about Iron Man. I'm not saying I thought badly of them, just that in today's world the idea of a character like Captain America sounds ridiculous. Yet Marvel figured out a way to make them not ridiculous and they didn't have to alter them to do it. Cap is as patriotic and idealistic as anyone could want but grounded in reality. Thor is as Thorish as anyone could want but he seems as natural as Tony Stark.

In contrast, as a movie fan I would have said there's no way in hell anyone could botch a Batman vs Superman movie. The movie audience already knows those characters and likes them, so all the movie has to do is not screw it up.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Unagi wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:49 pm
From the article:

Reynolds posted a picture of Deadpool wearing Mickey Mouse ears while riding in a Disney school bus. Per The Hollywood Reporter, "Reynolds' Deadpool is expected to be the only iteration of the X-Men to make the jump to Disney,” suggesting the rest of the X-Men will undergo a reboot, though Deadpool may enter the MCU unscathed.

Where is any of that based from... and why would ... jus I don't get it at all..
Makes total sense. The X Men movies have been no so great lately, they probably need a total overhaul and reboot MCU style - multiple movies, extended story arc, perhaps some movies with just individual characters or combos. There's a lot Marvel could bring to the table in creating a coherent long term X Men universe that just isn't there right now.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

perhaps that's the trap.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

X-Men and the mutant backlash story just fit the times.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Release dates ... released. Update in the OP.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Kevin Feige did an AMAA on Reddit last night. It's a fun read, with a couple of noteworthy posts.

First, he confirmed that from their standpoint Cap was able to lift Thor's hammer in Age of Ultron, but chose not to. He also said the Disney+ series will be fully intertwined with the movies, unlike the other TV shows like Daredevil and Agents of SHIELD.

But the one noteworthy thing has to do with the return of a certain villain.
Spoiler:
When asked "are there any plans to incorporate the Ten Rings from the first Iron Man, or the "real" Mandarin teased in "All Hail the King" in the future?" he answered simply
Yes.
My favorite reveal though was that they did a video of Luis from Ant-Man recapping the first 10 years of the MCU, which is something that a lot of fans have been hoping for. It was only ever shown at San Diego Comic Con though, and somehow slipped under the radar. This crappy video seems to be the only thing out there.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Let's get the X-Men going as a MCU crossover and then start rolling towards Marvel Zombies.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I had heard there was a Morbius: The Living Vampire movie in the works, but I wasn't aware it had already been cast, scheduled and started filming back in February. Jared Leto plays Morbius and it's set to release next July. Whether or not it will make that date is another question entirely though.

I loved the character back in the day so i'm anxious to see what they do with him. I'm torn between wanting full on horror, or just tormented anti-hero mixing it up with Spidey and whoever.

Not sure how I feel about Leto, but it could've been worse I guess.
He won. Period.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I think this is in the wrong thread. Morbius is being made by Sony. They can talk all they want about it being Spider-Man “adjacent”, but it’s not going to be part of the MCU canon even if Tom Holland makes a cameo. Otherwise Kevin Feige would be a producer.

If anything it will be in the Venom universe.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

ScreenRant
Black Widow - May 1, 2020
Eternals - November 6, 2020
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the 10 Rings - February 21, 2021
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - May 7, 2021
Thor: Love and Thunder - November 5, 2021
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I’m a little surprised there wasn’t a Spider-Man announcement, but outside of that this was a fun reveal. The Disney+ shows all look cool, Eternals has a somewhat unexpectedly big name cast, and Scarlet With teaming up with Dr Strange should be fun.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

And I’m curious to see how they handle the 10 rings and Mandrin. I’ve only ever seen them in comics in an Iron Man story.
A nonny mouse

Post by A nonny mouse »

Ugh. Natalie Portman as the new Thor. I liked that the comics had a female thor (still have not read it), but talk about wooden actors.
I find television very educational. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. - Groucho Marx
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Are you basing that just on her work in Star Wars? Because nobody was good in the prequels. I've enjoyed her in everything else she's been in.

I'm not that familiar with the Jane Foster Thor from the comics. I'm curious to see how they handle it.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I'm not fond of the idea of a female Thor. Don't care about who plays it.
Just the last vestiges of sexism left in me.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

From 1977:

Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

msteelers wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:06 am Are you basing that just on her work in Star Wars? Because nobody was good in the prequels. I've enjoyed her in everything else she's been in.

I'm not that familiar with the Jane Foster Thor from the comics. I'm curious to see how they handle it.
Maybe I’m thinking of someone else, but I seem to remember getting the feeling that she thought super hero films were beneath her in interviews in the past.
He won. Period.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

If she found Thor's Hammer she shouldn't be able to pick it up.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

hepcat wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:37 am
msteelers wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:06 am Are you basing that just on her work in Star Wars? Because nobody was good in the prequels. I've enjoyed her in everything else she's been in.

Maybe I’m thinking of someone else, but I seem to remember getting the feeling that she thought super hero films were beneath her in interviews in the past.
Did you not like her in the earlier Thor movies? I thought she was really good in them, for what it's worth. She's also done some high quality work in non-Star Wars prequel films, which as msteelers pointed out, were a career low point for just about everyone not named Ewan.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I wasn't questioning her acting ability. I was simply stating that I thought she had expressed reservations about being in this type of film.
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I think it was the part they gave her - damsel in distress / love interest.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

If they had a muscular guy playing the part they should have a muscular woman for the part.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Combustible Lemur

Post by Combustible Lemur »

dbt1949 wrote:If they had a muscular guy playing the part they should have a muscular woman for the part.
Have you seen pics of the mcu guys before their starring roles? With the exception of maybe Chris Evans, they were waifs, or in the case of Pratt a little heavy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Is Scott home? thump thump thump Crash ......No.