[Film] Christopher Robin

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

[Film] Christopher Robin

Post by Isgrimnur »

IMDB
An adult Christopher Robin who is now focussed on his new life, work and family suddenly meets his old friend Winnie the Pooh who comes right back into his unforgotten childhood past to help him come back to the hundred acre wood and help find his lost friends.
Variety
Hayley Atwell is set to co-star with Ewan McGregor in Disney’s “Christopher Robin,” sources tell Variety.

“World War Z’s” Marc Forster is directing.

“Christopher Robin” follows Disney’s ongoing model of taking animated classics from its archives and giving them a live-action spin, centering on Robin (McGregor), the little boy from the “Winnie the Pooh” series, who is now all-grown-up and lost all sense of imagination. Pooh and his friends reenter Robin’s life to help him find it once again. Atwell will play Robin’s wife.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
gilraen

Re: [Film] Christopher Robin

Post by gilraen »

[centering on Robin (McGregor), the little boy from the “Winnie the Pooh” series, who is now all-grown-up and lost all sense of imagination. Pooh and his friends reenter Robin’s life to help him find it once again.
Kinda reminiscent of the underlying theme in "Hook".
stessier

Post by stessier »

That was my first thought too. Hook was good, so here's hoping the formula still works.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

So you have Ewan breaking down at the tiger cage at the zoo from repressed memories?
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I'm hoping for a grittier version where Pooh is one pissed-off grizzly that hasn't eaten in days and Robin emerges from a river smelling like salmon...
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Enlarge Image

Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

I'd always been hoping they'd making a movie like this after Finding Neverland was made. It's a story that deserves to be told. But, this doesn't exactly look like the same treatment, but more of a live-action version of the series. So, yet again, the movie I'd want to see, ie the real story behind the series of books is not getting made. I was hoping it would be more of a biopic about the real Christopher Robin and the bear named Winnie that his grandfather would go on to write for him.
Last edited by Rumpy on Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Jeff V wrote:I'm hoping for a grittier version where Pooh is one pissed-off grizzly that hasn't eaten in days and Robin emerges from a river smelling like salmon...
He won. Period.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Some funny visuals in here.

But my first thought was of Hook. I hope this can be that entertaining.
Black Lives Matter
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Scuzz wrote:Some funny visuals in here.

But my first thought was of Hook. I hope this can be that entertaining.
Maybe it's an age thing, but I really did not like Hook...
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

hentzau wrote:Maybe it's an age thing, but I really did not like Hook...
Nobody liked Hook when it came out. It's a bit of a cult classic now, but at the time it got bad-to-mediocre reviews.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hentzau

Post by hentzau »

YellowKing wrote:
Nobody liked Hook when it came out. It's a bit of a cult classic now, but at the time it got bad-to-mediocre reviews.
I caught part of it a few days ago while channel surfing. My opinions have not changed much.

(Am I starting to sound like JeffV? I hope not...)
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
stessier

Post by stessier »

I think it depends on the age of the viewer. I was young and enjoyed it. Not sure if I would today. Same thing with the Emoji movie - adults hate it, kids like it.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

YellowKing wrote:

Whew. It's not just me. I was feeling very JeffV when everyone was having fond memories. It's not that I hated the movie. It's that I wanted to really like it and it was... nothing to me. It was boring that led to ultimately forgettable.

What I remember? Dustin Hoffman had a fake nose and Julia Roberts giggled in the trailer. That's it.

Compare that to something like Popeye and I can still sing most of the songs from the movie even though I haven't seen it in decades. He's mean he's mean he's mean you know what I mean he's mean he's mean . And I was never a fan of the cartoon. *shrug*
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

YellowKing wrote:
I never saw it in the theater. But I do remember enjoying it when I did see it. Except for the Julia Robert's stuff. Never got that.
Black Lives Matter
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

LordMortis wrote:
YellowKing wrote:

Whew. It's not just me. I was feeling very JeffV when everyone was having fond memories. It's not that I hated the movie. It's that I wanted to really like it and it was... nothing to me. It was boring that led to ultimately forgettable.

What I remember? Dustin Hoffman had a fake nose and Julia Roberts giggled in the trailer. That's it.

Compare that to something like Popeye and I can still sing most of the songs from the movie even though I haven't seen it in decades. He's mean he's mean he's mean you know what I mean he's mean he's mean . And I was never a fan of the cartoon. *shrug*
I thought Popeye was dreadful, except for the opening song sequence.
Black Lives Matter
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Scuzz wrote:
LordMortis wrote:
YellowKing wrote:

Popeye is AWESOME!!! :tjg:
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

hentzau wrote:
Scuzz wrote:
LordMortis wrote:
YellowKing wrote:

Popeye is AWESOME!!! :tjg:
+1
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

LordMortis wrote:
YellowKing wrote:

nailed it for me.
+1
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Scuzz wrote:
LordMortis wrote:
YellowKing wrote:

and you found Hook entertaining.
:D
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

Rumpy wrote:I'd always been hoping they'd making a movie like this after Finding Neverland was made. It's a story that deserves to be told. But, this doesn't exactly look like the same treatment, but more of a live-action version of the series. So, yet again, the movie I'd want to see, ie the real story behind the series of books is not getting made. I was hoping it would be more of a biopic about the real Christopher Robin and the bear named Winnie that his grandfather would go on to write for him.
You mean this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vq0YtgzCEc
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Yeah, that. :D I'd be more keen on seeing that. There was a TV movie decades ago but nothing since.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I loved Hook as a kid. My wife and I watched it again recently, and still thought it was awesome.

Any other opinion is wrong.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Unagi wrote:
Scuzz wrote:
LordMortis wrote:
YellowKing wrote:

and you found Hook entertaining.
:D

Bangarang.....
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

On a similar note, I had Mr Magorium's Magic Emporium on in the back ground a few weeks ago and it wasn't horrible and almost (but not quite) even took me back to youngin' days of Babes in Toyland and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and the like.

I guess I was reminded of this by Hofman and big prosthetic noses.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Trailer 2. I like it but sometimes when Pooh is talking to him I can easily imagine its a psychotic killer movie.

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I like the voice acting. It fits the purpose of sweeping this jaded adult back to his childhood. From the trailer Christopher Robin is almost a substitute for Rabbit.

Now I just want Sebastian Cabot. Work that magic and I could :pop:
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Me and the wife are looking forward to all the stuffed animals they'll release to go along with the movie.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

On the bright side, not as depressingly sad as "Goodbye Christopher Robin". At least he doesn't die in WW2, he just has an awful life in boarding school and dysfunctional parents.
two months