2017 Fantasy Football

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jeff V

Re: 2017 Fantasy Football

Post by Jeff V »

I enjoyed Theilen's performance. I should win my 4th in a row, I have 30 player minutes remaining to his 90 but the score predicts I have a 99% chance.
Black Lives Matter
Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

Congratulations to whoever has The Probes this week as an opponent. More than 1/2 my team is on a bye.
(V)(;,,;)(V) - Why not Zoidberg?
Model Mayhem # 641920
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I had a 20 pt lead going into MNF with one player left. Ended up losing...

I went 0-2 this week in games I started Mark Ingram.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Sectoid wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:35 pm Congratulations to whoever has The Probes this week as an opponent. More than 1/2 my team is on a bye.
:ninja:
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

6-4, vaulted to #2 in our league's power rankings. QB is a problem, Winston remains dead and I just had to re-sign Cutler off the garbage pile.
Black Lives Matter
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Ok - so I haven't had much luck with my teams this year. But finally, a good move. I'm glad I put in the Ravens defense today over the LA Rams (who had 4 weeks of double digits results heading into today). Might still lose the week, but fun to have chosen "right" for once.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

QB-dead
RB-dead

Money round hopes- dead.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

My 4-6 team then puts this together:

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Barely pulled this week out thanks to Alex Smith and the rest of the KC offense playing so wonderfully against the Giants that they allowed me to coast to victory. Oh, wait. That is what they were supposed to do. Instead they took a predicted slaughter and turned it into a 2 point game which I won only through the benefit of the Jaguars defense playing against the Browns.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:30 am My 4-6 team then puts this together:
Damn, that's mighty impressive.
Hodor.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

pr0ner wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:26 pm
It is. Too bad that it will probably regress to the mean for the next six weeks.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

F*** Fantasy Football!

I'm 4th in the league in scoring yet sit at 4-7 and out of the playoffs. Division leader is 8-3 but like #7 in scoring. He beat me this week after coming from behind with Russell Wilson. I had Alex Smith, I just needed one f'ing TD from him against the f'ing Giants! :x

Every week I have a high score I play the team that has the slightly higher score...
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Enough

Post by Enough »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:29 pm
It is. Too bad that it will probably regress to the mean for the next six weeks.
Now I am less impressed with my 4-6 team's win in our OO league over the team with the best record (158-148). Thank goodness Baltimore DST was available on waivers to help push me over the top, heh.
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:36 am F*** Fantasy Football!

I'm 4th in the league in scoring yet sit at 4-7 and out of the playoffs. Division leader is 8-3 but like #7 in scoring. He beat me this week after coming from behind with Russell Wilson. I had Alex Smith, I just needed one f'ing TD from him against the f'ing Giants! :x

Every week I have a high score I play the team that has the slightly higher score...
Both leagues that I'm in I am way out in front on the "points scored against" category. Both leagues are on CBS so each week they give a rundown of the upcoming week and how the two teams have done. Every single week it shows how each team would have done playing against the other team's schedule. Every week it shows I would have at least 3 more wins than I do. Twice in my "main" league it showed I would have been undefeated. I'm fighting for the playoffs in both.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Enough wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:29 pm
Now I am less impressed with my 4-6 team's win in our OO league over the team with the best record (158-148). Thank goodness Baltimore DST was available on waivers to help push me over the top, heh.
That was you? I started the Jaguars defense in three leagues, and in each league I played against the slightly better Baltimore Ravens.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:12 pm
Lassr wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:36 am F*** Fantasy Football!

Both leagues that I'm in I am way out in front on the "points scored against" category. Both leagues are on CBS so each week they give a rundown of the upcoming week and how the two teams have done. Every single week it shows how each team would have done playing against the other team's schedule. Every week it shows I would have at least 3 more wins than I do. Twice in my "main" league it showed I would have been undefeated. I'm fighting for the playoffs in both.
:obscene-drinkingbuddies:
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

In my money league, I currently have the hottest team, as I have led the league in scoring the past 2 weeks and am about to do so again.

Yet, due to early season QB foibles and an overall slow start, I'm about to be 6-7 and on the outside looking in on our 4-team playoff. I'm still alive, technically, but the one team I needed to lose this week looks like he'll win, and the other two teams competing with me for the last playoff spot have me beat for year long points for.

My team is set up to make a lot of noise in the playoffs. And I just won't get there barring a miracle. Blargh.
Hodor.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I was at a 99% chance to win when I pulled up the app, leading by 1.45 points. I have Pitt’s D and Cincy’s kicker going tonight. His team has no players left.

I just benched both of mine to go to a 100% chance.

:horse:
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Bell put up just enough points last night to give me the win. I finished 8-5, a 4-way the for second best record and tied for first in my division. After starting 2-4, I made a pretty good recovery.

I still don't know who my opponent will be this week. First quandary is at TE. Graham has been terrific, 9 TDs in the last 8 games. CBSSports says to choose Walker (TN) instead. That actually would have got me 6 more points last week but it's hard to bench someone who's been so consistent.
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

pr0ner wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:56 pm In my money league, I currently have the hottest team, as I have led the league in scoring the past 2 weeks and am about to do so again.

Yet, due to early season QB foibles and an overall slow start, I'm about to be 6-7 and on the outside looking in on our 4-team playoff. I'm still alive, technically, but the one team I needed to lose this week looks like he'll win, and the other two teams competing with me for the last playoff spot have me beat for year long points for.

My team is set up to make a lot of noise in the playoffs. And I just won't get there barring a miracle. Blargh.
The team I needed to lose this week actually lost by 1 point thanks to AJ Green last night. However, I still need a lot of things to go my way to win - I have to win, the 4th place team has to lose, and I have to outscore that team by 52 points.

I'm projected to be the highest scoring team of the week again, but the team I'm chasing is the highest scoring team in the league, so I'm not seeing my playoff hopes happening.
Hodor.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Managed to win in both leagues this week to secure my last place playoff spot. And now I face the juggernaut Ms. Taken in both leagues, so I'm going to need a miracle. :pray:
Black Lives Matter
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I missed the playoffs by 6 points in my 14-team big money league. My other main league I did terrible, but it’s a keeper league and I’m set with good keepers and a great draft position. I’m hoping to rebound in a big way next year.

I have one other money league that I’m entering the playoffs in first place with the most points scored on the year. Fingers crossed my luck holds out a little longer.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

EH, I had one of the top scoring teams in one league but had the most points scored against me so I missed the playoffs.

Other league I made the playoffs as the #8 seed. I started 2-0 and and scored 200 points the first two games, the last 11 games of the season I managed 590 and finished 6-7. My team crashed and burned and I now face the #1 team in the first round.

Damn fantasy football.

Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Finished in 5th for the regular season after tanking the second half. Lost my running back and couldn't find a replacement. Just grabbed Mike Davis. Hopefully he stays hot or at least decent. If him and Josh Gordon push me to victory I will look like genius. So we all know that won't happen. :)
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I'm in the playoffs in one of my money leagues, and I'm playing against my step-brother in the semifinals this week. He is the Carson Wentz owner, and didn't have a backup. It's also a FAAB league, and he only had $3 remaining. I had $25 left and roster spots to burn, so I placed $4 bids on the top QBs available. He got stuck with Flacco.

Watch Flacco drop 30 points on me this week.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

pr0ner wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:33 pm
pr0ner wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:56 pm In my money league, I currently have the hottest team, as I have led the league in scoring the past 2 weeks and am about to do so again.

The team I needed to lose this week actually lost by 1 point thanks to AJ Green last night. However, I still need a lot of things to go my way to win - I have to win, the 4th place team has to lose, and I have to outscore that team by 52 points.

I'm projected to be the highest scoring team of the week again, but the team I'm chasing is the highest scoring team in the league, so I'm not seeing my playoff hopes happening.
I could have actually pulled this off if I had started Jordan Howard last week. Whoops.

Playoffs missed.
Hodor.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Our playoffs started last week, and I win my game 192-162 with my second best score of the year. It's worth nothing however that I'd have lost to the winner of the other game, who scored 194.

I'm favored to win this weeks matchup for a chance to go to the money rounds.
Black Lives Matter
DD*

Post by DD* »

I finished dead f'ing last this year and was the only team that did not break 100 points in any game this year. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Made the playoffs in both of my leagues (free w/ friends; no $$ or general pop sites), despite a horrible start in the OO league, and a middling start in the other. Things aren't off to a great start in either league this weekend though.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I got a combined 12 points from all three WRs and TE. My opponent got 48 from Todd Gurley.

I'm going to the money rounds. 71 pts Vikings DST FTW. Today was the reason I drafted them as the first DST off the board. And I still have my QB yet to play, he's done though and I've already won.
Black Lives Matter
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I hate fantasy football.

And fantasy football hates me right back.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Jeff V wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:27 pm I got a combined 12 points from all three WRs and TE. My opponent got 48 from Todd Gurley.

I'm going to the money rounds. 71 pts Vikings DST FTW. Today was the reason I drafted them as the first DST off the board. And I still have my QB yet to play, he's done though and I've already won.
71 points from a defense. LOFUCKINGL.
Hodor.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

One thing JeffV doesn't hate: his league's scoring system when he has Minn defense.

I'm down 19 points to CC in the semi-finals. His team is done and I have Julio Jones left. Jones has only scored 19+ one time this year, but that was against Tampa Bay who he's playing tonight, meaning it's just likely enough to crush my hopes when it doesn't happen.
Black Lives Matter
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

pr0ner wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:27 am
Jeff V wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:27 pm I got a combined 12 points from all three WRs and TE. My opponent got 48 from Todd Gurley.

You might check out the box score from the game.

In our league, DST starts at 60 points then generally goes down as points, passing yards, and rushing yards go up. Cincinnati was negligible in all three categories. Additional points accrue for turnovers (2), sacks (3) and DTD (2).

My opponent had Miami's DST. He scored 9 points.
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

No sane fantasy league starts their team defense at 60 points by default.
Hodor.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I think defenses start at 24 points in my league (12 for yards against and 12 for points against). The usual points can be gained by defensive TDs, turnovers, etc. The typical score is in the 6 - 15 points range, with a good week being in the 20s. This makes the defense score about the same as your typical player on the team.
Black Lives Matter
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Defenses start at 10 in most of my leagues.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Jeff V wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:54 pm
pr0ner wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:27 am

You might check out the box score from the game.

In our league, DST starts at 60 points then generally goes down as points, passing yards, and rushing yards go up. Cincinnati was negligible in all three categories. Additional points accrue for turnovers (2), sacks (3) and DTD (2).

My opponent had Miami's DST. He scored 9 points.
Do people select Defenses first over all in that league? Cripes.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Of course not. The best tend go around the 4th or 5th round.

I suppose if there was something like the 85 Bears defense that you knew going into the season was going to stomp the crap out of everyone, then maybe a first round pick would be warranted. Yesterday was an exceptional score for a DST, typically a decent score is 20, good 30, and great, 40. A balanced opponent offense can result in single digit scores and while I haven't been skunked this year, it can happen. I think MN was projected to score into the 30's this week.
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

msteelers wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:20 pm Defenses start at 10 in most of my leagues.
They start at 10 in all my leagues too. That's standard fantasy football scoring.
Hodor.