2017 Fantasy Football

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Ralph-Wiggum

Re: 2017 Fantasy Football

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I lost in one of my leagues by 0.6 points. I would have won if I had just left the team defense slot empty rather than play NE, who gave me -4 points... :grund:
Black Lives Matter
Rip

Post by Rip »

Be glad you aren't married to this lady.

https://www.babble.com/entertainment/ca ... -football/

D&D for men!

:lol:
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I should go 5-0 this week in my fantasy football leagues, and won 3x my buy-in on fanduel.

But the best part was winning by 0.38 points in OO Fantasy Football.
RunningMn9

2017 Fantasy Football

Post by RunningMn9 »

Both of my teams have been turned into an injury-riddled mess.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

RunningMn9 wrote:Both of my teams have been turned into an injury-riddled mess.
I'm sure a lot of people are in that boat. The first two weeks have seen a lot of big names go down.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

As long as Golden Tate doesn't light the Giants up tonight I should win the week. My luck seems pretty crappy so far this year so he probably will. :lol: I have to really rethink playing in this league next year. It has crazy house rules where players like Brady score insane points AND it's a 14 team league. There's NOBODY on the waivers if a player gets hurt. It's kind of silly.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

msteelers wrote:
RunningMn9 wrote:Both of my teams have been turned into an injury-riddled mess.
I'm sure a lot of people are in that boat. The first two weeks have seen a lot of big names go down.
No injuries, just criminal under-performance from all of my top draft picks.

My reserves scored 50% more points than my starters this week and I would have won my matchup starting them all instead. :x :x :x
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I rebounded from losing both my games last week to winning both of them this week, including one where I was the highest scoring team of the week.

Then again, 8 touchdowns and everyone but my defense beating projections goes a long way to scoring that many points.
Hodor.
DD*

Post by DD* »

I love a good QB controversy... I have 3 QBs (don't ask me why, I was overserved at the draft). If you had Matt Ryan, Big Ben, and Carson Wentz, who would be the big gun? That's right, Mr 300+ and two TDs per game Wentz. Outscored Ryan and Roethlesbeger combined this week. And my #1 back is out for the entire fantasy season (David Johnson).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Won last week and I should have a good shot for this week. I knew the first 3 weeks would be brutal so if I get out 2-1 I have a good shot of at least making the playoffs. Want to know how ridiculous our bonus rules are? Tom Brady scored 50.78 points last week. When teams are usually scoring in the 120-140 range that's so damn ridiculous. I really need to find a normal league next year. This is run by my friend so I feel bad quitting. :oops:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Enough

Post by Enough »

Lost my OO game by less than one point. At least I won in my other league.
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
naednek

Post by naednek »

Enough wrote:Lost my OO game by less than one point. At least I won in my other league.

Think we played each other :P
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

What a joke. While I apparently have a garbage team, my theme from last year continues this year. What's that theme? Every week my opponent has a single player that puts up absurd points, thereby eliminating my ability to win. Last week? CJ Anderson with 33 points. This week? How about Tom Brady with 59.5 points? I have 6 players finished for this week, 1 pending and Phillip Rivers apparently playing for the Chiefs this week. My total number of points is 37. Tom Brady alone beats almost my entire roster. F. Fantasy. Football.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I think benching Diggs and Howard for Derrick Henry and Jonathan Stewart, respectively, may not have been the best moves I've ever made.
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Bench Mariota they said. Also good to see the little red cross next to Julio Jones on my team. I guess David Johnson needs someone to keep him company on my bench. Seriously f all this nonsense. It's crap and no one knows anything about fantasy football.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Smoove_B wrote:Bench Mariota they said. Also good to see the little red cross next to Julio Jones on my team. I guess David Johnson needs someone to keep him company on my bench. Seriously f all this nonsense. It's crap and no one knows anything about fantasy football.
I feel you.

Kinda getting bored with FF and football in general anyways.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Super. 5 of my players are currently listed with injuries and a questionable status for this coming weekend. A 6th is on injured reserve (David Johnson) and effectively out for the season. So yea, 6/16 players in question or unavailable four weeks into the FF season. That seems reasonable. I guess I'll just go ahead and somehow draft a new team a month into the season.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Apparently I was auto-signed up for this year's OO league based on previous year's participation. Without logging into the Yahoo site I am 2-1 so far. :dance:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Smoove_B wrote:Super. 5 of my players are currently listed with injuries and a questionable status for this coming weekend. A 6th is on injured reserve (David Johnson) and effectively out for the season. So yea, 6/16 players in question or unavailable four weeks into the FF season. That seems reasonable. I guess I'll just go ahead and somehow draft a new team a month into the season.
FWIW, the NFL changed their rules a couple of years ago. There's no longer the Probable tag, so a lot of people hit with the Questionable tag are almost a lock to play.

And I hope you have an IR roster spot to hold David Johnson, or it's a keeper league. Otherwise, why are you still holding on to him?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Because it's a keeper league and he'll be mine for another 4 seasons. I can put him on the league IR (to free up a spot) but then he cannot be activated again for this season. I mean...I don't think he'll actually play, but with my luck he'll come back in December and set records, all while locked on my IR slot.

I didn't know that about the change in reporting player status. Thankfully I have a few more days, but it won't surprise me if one of them is suddenly disemboweled. We're looking at:

Julio Jones
Benjamin Watson
Isaiah Crowell
Tyler Eifert
Sammy Watkins

A nice wide swath - including my arch-nemesis, the TE position. I'm on my 3rd TE (picked up Watson off the wire) in 3 weeks.

Also, F Fantasy Football.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Julio is reportedly ok. Eifert might be gone for awhile. I think Watkins is in danger of missing the game, but I haven't looked up his status this week. Crowell doesn't appear to be in any danger of missing the game, but he hasn't exactly been great even when he plays.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Difficult choice this week of DST -

Minnesota vs. Chicago (Bears trying out new infant QB)
Tennessee vs. Miami (Miami's offense put up big numbers for opposing DSTs the last two weeks)

Any suggestions? Maybe it's one of those weeks where I can't go wrong. Sportsline gives the edge to Tennessee, but they did last week too and MN outscored them 42-6.
Black Lives Matter
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Who is Tennessee starting at QB with Mariota banged up? That should play a factor.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Kelric wrote:Who is Tennessee starting at QB with Mariota banged up? That should play a factor.
I believe Tennessee is starting Matt Cassel.
Hodor.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Jeff V wrote:Difficult choice this week of DST -

Minnesota vs. Chicago (Bears trying out new infant QB)
Tennessee vs. Miami (Miami's offense put up big numbers for opposing DSTs the last two weeks)

Any suggestions? Maybe it's one of those weeks where I can't go wrong. Sportsline gives the edge to Tennessee, but they did last week too and MN outscored them 42-6.
Tennessee is a mess right now. Maybe even at the level of Miami with Cutler mess. I'd avoid them just because they could do spectacularly badly for you and while I enjoy when my DST does well it does not compare to the hatred I feel when they cost me a game by sucking (I'm looking at you Ravens versus Jacksonville -JACKSONVILLE for God's sake!).
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

The way our DST works, a successful balanced offense is the quickest way to no points. The Bears are likely to try to run like crazy, and even if they are moderately successful at it, a non-existent passing game will still produce DST points. TEN looked really good vs. Oakland a few weeks ago, then were terrible last week. They might still have a bigger upside if Miami continues to suck as bad as they've been the past 2 weeks; but MIN is probably a safer bet.
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Arise thread.

My QB situation in my money league is dreadful. I drafted Winston and Mariota thinking they would continue the growth they showed in their second year. Clearly that hasn't happened, they've both gotten hurt, and now Winston is out for a couple weeks.

Pickings on the waiver wire are slim...Eli may be the best choice.

Should I go with him? Or try to trade one of Fournette, Howard, or Kamara for QB help, and if so, how high should I reach? Trading Kamara while he's red hot seems ideal.
Hodor.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

If they played the same schedule as American Bison, Bloated Braggarts would be 8-0.
Sorry, msteelers.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
naednek

Post by naednek »

pr0ner wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:02 pm Arise thread.

My QB situation in my money league is dreadful. I drafted Winston and Mariota thinking they would continue the growth they showed in their second year. Clearly that hasn't happened, they've both gotten hurt, and now Winston is out for a couple weeks.

Pickings on the waiver wire are slim...Eli may be the best choice.

Should I go with him? Or try to trade one of Fournette, Howard, or Kamara for QB help, and if so, how high should I reach? Trading Kamara while he's red hot seems ideal.
Well, Eli is playing the 0-9 49ers who has no secondary.... You have that going for you.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Isgrimnur wrote:
If they played the same schedule as American Bison, Bloated Braggarts would be 8-0.
Sorry, msteelers.
Ouch.

This was my worst week in a long time, losing in nearly every league.

I also suffered what has to be the worst loss in fantasy football history. We played a team with 4 inactive players, and still lost.

Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Barely squeaked by a guy who already the in the towel. Had he stated Jax DST, I'd have been crushed.

5-4, back in the playoff picture after a 2-4 start. Now my QB, Winston, is dead.
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Keep Phillip Rivers on the bench they said - he'll never do anything against the Jacksonville Defense. Nobody knows anything about football.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

He has 235 yards, 2 TDs, and an INT. Not terrible but he’s not exactly lighting the world on fire.
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I guess until the interception, he was worth around 29 points in my FF league (now at ~24). To have him rated by 90% of the "experts" as "keep this guy on the bench" and to have him score north of 20 points means no one knows anything about football.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Smoove_B wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:44 pm I guess until the interception, he was worth around 29 points in my FF league (now at ~24). To have him rated by 90% of the "experts" as "keep this guy on the bench" and to have him score north of 20 points means no one knows anything about football.
That's a crazy point system if he is that far north of 20 points.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Wow I thought I was a lock to win this week in my league. EVERYONE is doing terrible. It would have put me back in 1st place. :doh:

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

As is the case for me every week, my opponent always has someone that is experiencing a career high in the NFL. This week I have the pleasure of going up against Jared Goff (47 points) and Adam Thielen (30 points).
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

You have a crazy scoring system. Even so, Goff had to have scored more just last week.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

My bad - he did -- 50 points.