Amazon Logistics is the WORST

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Sectoid

Amazon Logistics is the WORST

Post by Sectoid »

Just needed to state that Amazon Logistics is absolutely horrible. Of the last 10 orders I've made with Amazon, 4 were lost only to show up days later tattered and broken, 3 were "attempted for delivery" but they never showed up until the following day, 1 was on time although they delivered it at 7am, and 2 were sent UPS without a problem. So, if you order from Amazon and the carrier is listed as AMZL, be afraid...be very afraid.
(V)(;,,;)(V) - Why not Zoidberg?
Model Mayhem # 641920
LordMortis

Re: Amazon Logistics is the WORST

Post by LordMortis »

I think that might just be your hub.

We don't have a fulfillment/distribution center (yet. We are slated to have one open in October) but my office takes in packages from Amazon via Fed Ex or UPS every single day and nary a problem. The only problem I can every think of personally having is that sometimes Amazon insists on trying to deliver to my work on a Saturday and they don't provide the options to say "M-F 8-5" in their order. They treat all shipments like they are residential and I can't take residential shipping because 5 out of 6 shipping days I'm at work during shipping hours.

On a related note, I'm not looking forward to driving I-96 in Livonia starting in about October.
Last edited by LordMortis on Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

I order from Amazon all the time with almost no problems. Any issues they have always resolved right away.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Do they cram boxes into a mailbox after filling it with paper mail? Because if not, they'd already be a step up from my USPS carrier.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Rip

Post by Rip »

Ask me Friday after I get my Rift and make sure it works......
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Smoove_B wrote:Do they cram boxes into a mailbox after filling it with paper mail? Because if not, they'd already be a step up from my USPS carrier.

I consider myself lucky. Every time the USPS tries to deliver a package, they put a note in the mailbox that says "Take this card and get your lazy ass of the couch and down to the post office in the next 10 days and pick this shit up... or..." They never explain what happens if I don't pick up the parcel within 10 days.

What's shitty about this rare occasion that someone sends me a parcel at home by USPS, is that I have a Post Office within walking distance off my house, but my Post Office is about 8 Miles away. It's like they built gerrymandering in to the zip codes.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I think Sectoid is specifically referring to Amazon's own delivery fleet, not the contracted UPS, USPS or Fedex deliveries from Amazon, correct? I am not sure I have ever received a delivery from the former, but literally hundreds, with no problem, from the latter.
Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

When they opened the hub in NJ and I had to start paying taxes on orders, I was mad, but fine my shipments should be on time or quicker. WRONG.
Once they started "Amazon Logistics" which is actually random dudes they are paying to drive in rented white vans, the orders got screwed up. I am not joking either, Amazon Logistics consists of guys/girls in unmarked white vans or vans rented from Enterprise with a magnetic Amazon logo on the side. So, if you don't have a hub nearby, consider yourself lucky. I mean I know NJ is WAYYYYYY overpopulated and traffic is worse than downtown LA, but it should not take days for a package to arrive from a place I can drive to and from in under an hour.
I just got a notification that they couldn't deliver my package because they couldn't find a safe place to leave it. I GET MY SHIPMENTS TO A UPS STORE!!! I have a mailbox there and specifically get orders sent there because I am always working. :doh:
Model Mayhem # 641920
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, it's been an overall worse experience for me (on the other side of NJ) since Amazon switched from UPS to USPS delivery. I can't imagine I'd ever see an actual Amazon Logistics service out here, but who the hell knows at this point.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

At least we can take solace in that US DHL home delivery is no longer a thing.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

Isgrimnur wrote:At least we can take solace in that US DHL home delivery is no longer a thing.
The only experience I've had with DHL for home delivery is when I ordered a game from Newegg at night (many, many, many moons ago) and it came the next morning. I would kill for that right now.
Model Mayhem # 641920
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'm not a fan either. I have most stuff delivered to my office as that's where I am most days. Whenever Amazon logistics handles the delivery, the delivery window goes from 8am to 5pm to 8am to 8pm...and they seem to always deliver close to the latter end of that spectrum. :x
He won. Period.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Sectoid wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:At least we can take solace in that US DHL home delivery is no longer a thing.
The only experience I've had with DHL for home delivery is when I ordered a game from Newegg at night (many, many, many moons ago) and it came the next morning. I would kill for that right now.
That's what's going to annoy me about the distribution center when it opens.

Get Amazon Prime and get next day shipping... Or don't get Amazon Prime, and the package will sit five miles from your house for five business days and then we will send it out.

I get like three things a year from Amazon, if that. I won't warrant prime for that. UPS does the same thing. I see something ship ground from Chicago and track it sitting in the Livonia distribution center for days because we didn't pay for overnight service.

Ha-Rumph!
hepcat wrote:I'm not a fan either. I have most stuff delivered to my office as that's where I am most days. Whenever Amazon logistics handles the delivery, the delivery window goes from 8am to 5pm to 8am to 8pm...and they seem to always deliver close to the latter end of that spectrum. :x
That would be a game changer for me. The second time that happens, I would be looking for a different vendor.
Last edited by LordMortis on Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enough

Post by Enough »

I've been having issues with Amazon orders that use OnTrac Shipping. OMG, they are always at least three days past the "free 2 day shipping" promised date.
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Sectoid wrote:
DHL is not loved 'round these parts.
Enough

Post by Enough »

Isgrimnur wrote:
Sectoid wrote:
I did not enjoy DHL anymore than OnTrac.
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Fitzy

Post by Fitzy »

I was having issues with them delivering to an Eastern European Mafia Grocery Store, rather than knock on our door. But we now have an Amazon, a UPS, and a general delivery automated system within a mile. Anything that misses home delivery ends up in one of these.

The UPS one tried to steal my driver's license. :x

One delivery service seems to just throw the package on the ground in the general direction of our door.

I still prefer Amazon to the empty shelves of Target or the horror that is Walmart.
Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

Isgrimnur wrote:
Sectoid wrote:
They HAVE to be better than random dudes with a driver's license and a smart phone. At least there is some form of corporate responsibility, however light it may be. Amazon's response is to usually just send another of whatever I ordered via UPS or USPS. Why they don't do that in the first place baffles me.
Model Mayhem # 641920
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Fitzy wrote:I was having issues with them delivering to an Eastern European Mafia Grocery Store, rather than knock on our door. But we now have an Amazon, a UPS, and a general delivery automated system within a mile. Anything that misses home delivery ends up in one of these.
I remember this story, but I swore that was lawbeefaroni's story. :? I swore they both delivered to a grocer and I want to say a dry cleaner and told him to go fetch... or was that pound salt?
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

The last couple of Amazon packages that were delivered on Sundays - they were delivered by random guys in what looked like their own personal cars (not even vans). But since there's an Amazon warehouse in Denver now, maybe they are some kind of subcontractors that work with Amazon directly.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

So, I'm at Amazon to see settings because I learned you can opt out of weekend shipping (yeah!) and the first thing it shows me is Terraforming Mars is $10 cheaper than it was two weeks ago. Fuckers.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I dont even know why I bother trying to save shipping time by using Amazon. We have a huge fulfillment center in my town and a bigger one in the next town over. But do they EVER ship my stuff from those? NOPE! It always ALWAYS comes from states away. Totally useless.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

LordMortis wrote:So, I'm at Amazon to see settings because I learned you can opt out of weekend shipping (yeah!) and the first thing it shows me is Terraforming Mars is $10 cheaper than it was two weeks ago. Fuckers.
HEY! You stay away from Mars! We didn't try to change Earth's environment. You are doing a fine job of that by yourselves.
Model Mayhem # 641920
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Sectoid wrote:
LordMortis wrote:So, I'm at Amazon to see settings because I learned you can opt out of weekend shipping (yeah!) and the first thing it shows me is Terraforming Mars is $10 cheaper than it was two weeks ago. Fuckers.
HEY! You stay away from Mars! We didn't try to change Earth's environment. You are doing a fine job of that by yourselves.

Enlarge Image
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Sectoid wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:
Sectoid wrote:
They HAVE to be better than random dudes with a driver's license and a smart phone. At least there is some form of corporate responsibility, however light it may be. Amazon's response is to usually just send another of whatever I ordered via UPS or USPS. Why they don't do that in the first place baffles me.
2008 was a different time. In some ways, a different world.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I went through this shit last year. AMZL was awful. Now I use an Amazon locker. Even then, AMZL is sometimes inexplicably late. USPS and UPS are fine.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

This is where I feel living in Canada has its advantages. Most things from Amazon are shipped via regular post, yet still very fast.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti

Post by Default »

Isgrimnur wrote:
Sectoid wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:
Sectoid wrote:
2008 was a different time. In some ways, a different world.
Amazon does not like a unionized workforce. When we first started running parcels on Sundays for Amazon, my boss handed me a turn by turn printout for how l was supposed to deliver the parcels. They also stipulated that we werr only to use contract workers. That was just not possible, we've been understaffed for decades. I have been working in my zip for 22 years - l know it like the back of my hand. It took forever to do it their way.
"pcp, lsd, thc, tgb...it's all good." ~ Kraken
malchior

Post by malchior »

I'm in central Jersey and have had almost no problems with Amazon. About 90% of the same day stuff is their people without a single issue and I'm heavy Amazon. About 3-4 deliveries a week. This has been for most of this year at this point now.

Sometimes they use Lasership and I've had a couple of issues. For example, when it was raining heavily recently they left boxes on the very edge of the porch and the boxes got soaked. Seriously they had to drop them off 6 inches farther from the edge and they'd be fine. I'm guessing they literally tossed them and ran due to the rain. Indicator? The rain days were the only times they weren't directly in the front of the door. Jackasses. Other times they delivered stuff to the wrong house. Usually my neighbor. My number is on the mailbox, curb, and in big numbers over the door. Not top notch talent. :)
Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

malchior wrote:I'm in central Jersey and have had almost no problems with Amazon. About 90% of the same day stuff is their people without a single issue and I'm heavy Amazon. About 3-4 deliveries a week. This has been for most of this year at this point now.

Sometimes they use Lasership and I've had a couple of issues. For example, when it was raining heavily recently they left boxes on the very edge of the porch and the boxes got soaked. Seriously they had to drop them off 6 inches farther from the edge and they'd be fine. I'm guessing they literally tossed them and ran due to the rain. Indicator? The rain days were the only times they weren't directly in the front of the door. Jackasses. Other times they delivered stuff to the wrong house. Usually my neighbor. My number is on the mailbox, curb, and in big numbers over the door. Not top notch talent. :)
Lasership is a "last-mile" delivery service. They get packages from all the other carriers to a central location, then drop them off to their final destinations. Amazon was using them for NJ deliveries for a while before they switched to their own. They were pretty bad too, agreed, but AMZL, in my experience, is worse. The problem being that AMZL has 0 accountability. It is kind of like Uber for packages. The drivers do not know their routes, hell, they don't even have routes. As I stated, I get a majority of my packages delivered to a UPS store. The guys that work there have told me that the AMZL drivers are often seen walking up and down the street carrying boxes looking for addresses because they can't believe that so many different people are getting packages to a UPS store. They have also told me that they see multiple AMZL drivers every day because they are given piecemeal deliveries. So, if you are expecting multiple packages from Amazon, it is possible that multiple drivers will come to your house with different packages at different times, even though they should be bundled together. This is part of the reason why deliveries are so late most of the time. If the drivers had a set route and if all the packages that were going to one address were put together, they could optimize their day given traffic patterns and wouldn't have to deliver from 8am-8pm. As it stands it is just a mess. In most instances, I would rather wait an extra day and get my stuff delivered when it is supposed to be by an actual company instead of AMZL. Prime is supposed to be 2 day, guaranteed shipping, not deliver when and if the AMZL driver can get to you and hasn't lost your stuff.
Model Mayhem # 641920
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Sectoid wrote:Prime is supposed to be 2 day, guaranteed shipping, not deliver when and if the AMZL driver can get to you and hasn't lost your stuff.
This is why I don't hesitate to provide feedback to Amazon as often as necessary. Whether it is a Prime delivery that shows up on day 3 or the ever popular USPS driver coding it "Delivered" at 9:30 in the morning but it's apparently at their distribution hub or in the vehicle, actual delivery TBD, I let Amazon know every.single.time there is a problem.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

The only problem with Amazon deliveries I usually have, and I get A LOT of deliveries, is when the drivers put the packages right snug up against the front door, which swings out. How am I supposed to get the door open from inside when your stupid ass has wedged a package up against it!

There's a bench RIGHT THERE in front of the door! I bet about 5% of my deliveries go on the bench. The bench is for the packages!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Z-Corn wrote:There's a bench RIGHT THERE in front of the door! I bet about 5% of my deliveries go on the bench. The bench is for the packages!
The bench is for package theft. I wouldn't even trust them being wedged in my door, but I'd take that over left in the open in front of my house.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I've never had a single issue ordering through Amazon. USPS on the other hand f'n sucks donkey balls. My favorite is when my mailman doesn't feel like delivering mail and marks it as delivered and then drops it off the next day. He actually just totally skips my house on days when he's feeling lazy. We've complained and they don't care. I want that job. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com

Post by Default »

Smoove_B wrote: Whether it is a Prime delivery that shows up on day 3 or the ever popular USPS driver coding it "Delivered" at 9:30 in the morning while they are loading it in their vehicle, actual delivery TBD, I let Amazon know every.single.time there is a problem.
Yeah. It's the older guys who do that. I particularly hate it because it's a disservice to my patrons.
"pcp, lsd, thc, tgb...it's all good." ~ Kraken
Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

Octavious wrote:I've never had a single issue ordering through Amazon. USPS on the other hand f'n sucks donkey balls. My favorite is when my mailman doesn't feel like delivering mail and marks it as delivered and then drops it off the next day. He actually just totally skips my house on days when he's feeling lazy. We've complained and they don't care. I want that job. :lol:
My mailman used to pee in my bushes. I am not joking either. Caught him quite a few times. Went to the Post Office to complain. He still has his job. Must be nice to be a federal employee who can just disregard laws like ones about public urination and keep their job.
Model Mayhem # 641920
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Sectoid wrote:My mailman used to pee in my bushes. I am not joking either. Caught him quite a few times. Went to the Post Office to complain. He still has his job. Must be nice to be a federal employee who can just disregard laws like ones about public urination and keep their job.
Can't you complain to the police?
Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

LordMortis wrote:
Sectoid wrote:My mailman used to pee in my bushes. I am not joking either. Caught him quite a few times. Went to the Post Office to complain. He still has his job. Must be nice to be a federal employee who can just disregard laws like ones about public urination and keep their job.
Can't you complain to the police?
I'd probably have to have evidence of some sort and taking a picture or video of a dude peeing is just not on my to-do list.
Model Mayhem # 641920
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Sectoid wrote:I'd probably have to have evidence of some sort and taking a picture or video of a dude peeing is just not on my to-do list.
Not that it should be, but the old axiom is true - a picture is worth a thousand words. Whether it's a judge, police officer or USPS supervisor seeing a photo, you're recreating what you see in a way that cannot be adequately described by words alone.
malchior

Post by malchior »

I guess I'm pretty lucky all around. My USPS carrier is the nicest guy. If we get anything above regular mail he'll come and ring the bell, hand me the package plus the mail and tell me a corny joke. The only other delivery service beyond Lasership that has disappointed is UPS - they mangle packages in the local garage (Edison, NJ). I'd say rough guess that 25% of any packages are damaged at delivery from them. And it approaches 100% as the box gets larger. They often look like forklift hits. But I've had a fair share of boxes that look like they were run over by elephants too. I don't even bother to complain anymore after a rep let me know they didn't really care since I wasn't the customer (the shipper is) -- nice.