Amazon Logistics is the WORST

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

RunningMn9

Re: Amazon Logistics is the WORST

Post by RunningMn9 »

Smoove_B wrote:Yeah, it's been an overall worse experience for me (on the other side of NJ) since Amazon switched from UPS to USPS delivery. I can't imagine I'd ever see an actual Amazon Logistics service out here, but who the hell knows at this point.
99.9% of my Amazon shipments come via UPS. Thankfully.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

LordMortis wrote:
Z-Corn wrote:There's a bench RIGHT THERE in front of the door! I bet about 5% of my deliveries go on the bench. The bench is for the packages!
The bench is for package theft. I wouldn't even trust them being wedged in my door, but I'd take that over left in the open in front of my house.
No package theft in my neighborhood. It is stocked with busybody old people who stare from their front porches at every unknown vehicle that comes in. And there's only one road in and one road out, it's a big looping cul-de-sac. And no sidewalks and big front yards so pedestrians are way out in the street. It's a very nice safe neighborhood and easily defensible!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Z-Corn wrote:
LordMortis wrote:
Z-Corn wrote:There's a bench RIGHT THERE in front of the door! I bet about 5% of my deliveries go on the bench. The bench is for the packages!
The bench is for package theft. I wouldn't even trust them being wedged in my door, but I'd take that over left in the open in front of my house.
No package theft in my neighborhood. It is stocked with busybody old people who stare from their front porches at every unknown vehicle that comes in. And there's only one road in and one road out, it's a big looping cul-de-sac. And no sidewalks and big front yards so pedestrians are way out in the street. It's a very nice safe neighborhood and easily defensible!
:tjg:
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

LordMortis wrote::tjg:
Hey at least you have faster internet than Smoove.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Smoove_B wrote:
Sectoid wrote:Prime is supposed to be 2 day, guaranteed shipping, not deliver when and if the AMZL driver can get to you and hasn't lost your stuff.
This is why I don't hesitate to provide feedback to Amazon as often as necessary. Whether it is a Prime delivery that shows up on day 3 or the ever popular USPS driver coding it "Delivered" at 9:30 in the morning but it's apparently at their distribution hub or in the vehicle, actual delivery TBD, I let Amazon know every.single.time there is a problem.
Where on the page is the place for that sort of feedback? I've looked, but haven't found the correct place to identify late delivery.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

The Meal wrote:Where on the page is the place for that sort of feedback? I've looked, but haven't found the correct place to identify late delivery.
They don't make it easy, that's for sure. I always go through the "Contact Us" page in my account and by default, it auto-populates the inquiry with your most current order. If your current order isn't the problem, you can simply use drop menus to point them to the right order. Here's a screen shot, and the #2 field is where you have to drill down and specify the problem. They default to telephone, but I always send an email. I usually get a response in under 2 hours. I simply detail the issue in the email form and indicate USPS tracking indicates it was delivered but it wasn't. Or it was supposed to be delivered and tracking only shows it having be received by the post office two days ago - whatever the specific problem is.

Enlarge Image

Sometimes they'll kick out an auto response to say wait until 8pm (I guess to allow the USPS to update their system) and if I get that message, I always email them back to indicate nothing has changed and confirm a package was not received.

While I don't know for sure, I'm guessing my long history with Amazon and the fact that I'm a high-volume user might get a faster response. They also keep tossing me +1 month of Prime for free or a code to upgrade my next shipment to overnight, which is also nice. YMMV.
Last edited by Smoove_B on Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

There's a few Amazon Canada distribution warehouses in my area (well ok, I'm in the country but within a 45 minute drive into the west end of TO). I often wonder if Prime is worth it because most stuff ships overnight no matter what, but I got it at a discount due to my student # (doing a masters part time) and it gave me photo storage and amazon video -- so whatever.

I rarely have a problem, most of them come by Purolator (yeah, I'm on a first name basis with the guy.. I have an Amazon problem) with a few by Canada Post. The only thing that pisses me off with CP is when they leave that stupid sticker to come pick up my shit, just don't do it today because it's in the van.. We need a day or two to sort it and have it waiting for you, during the hours of 10-2 when we are open (m-f only). Painful.

I do like the new option to have my delivery held at the post office, so if I'm near a trip and not sure if it's going to make it in time -- I'll default to that and short circuit the sticker delay.

Overall I'm pretty happy with amazon, but the prices are a few bucks more than stores for most things with prime. On the other hand, where the hell else am I going to get 3KG of Jalapenos for $13 in the great white north?! Sweet sweet heartburn.
No.

Post by Default »

Smoove_B wrote:
Sectoid wrote:I'd probably have to have evidence of some sort and taking a picture or video of a dude peeing is just not on my to-do list.
Not that it should be, but the old axiom is true - a picture is worth a thousand words. Whether it's a judge, police officer or USPS supervisor seeing a photo, you're recreating what you see in a way that cannot be adequately described by words alone.
Call the cops, call the postal inspectors. That shit ain't right and I don't understand why you are willing to put up with that.
"pcp, lsd, thc, tgb...it's all good." ~ Kraken
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I've had various luck depending on how Amazon dispatched their stuff. USPS is usually okay if it's small, and bigger stuff w/ UPS is usually fine. But it's when they go to alternate carriers like OnTrack (?) or those "smartMail" where they use UPS to get close to you then USPS for the last mile that things started to get weird. I've had stuff w/ stuff not updated status (they left it at my drop point but never updated the delivery notice) and I've had stuff stuck with no updates then bam it showed up one day.

It really depends on the last mile person. UPS guys are usually pretty okay because they know UPS cares about their efficiency, with auto sensing locks, easy reach shelfing, and stuff to optimize their efficiency, even if they are that well paid. It's the cheaper last-mile delivery folks that got stuck doing menial labor that don't care. They'll just go home if it's past their usual quitting time, pretty sure they get paid by delivery, not hours.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Thank you Smoove. Hopefully it's a while before I have to use that info.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Sectoid wrote: I'd probably have to have evidence of some sort and taking a picture or video of a dude peeing is just not on my to-do list.
But you just inserted this into the forum's collective consciousness. Go forth and get us a pee pee tape!

Don't leave us hanging, bro! :)
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

I'm in NE NJ and I have Prime.
I hate when they use Lasership, USPS or logistics... Both have the annoying habit of marking things delivered when they are obviously not. Usually, they are only used for same day deliveries and sat/sun deliveries. Both are times when I really need the items the day they are supposed to be there.
I recently had something that USPS marked delivered but wasn't.. I filled out the online complaint form and it took 2 days for them to get back to me. They insisted that if it was marked delivered then it was delivered properly, so it must have been stolen and I needed to file a claim. 3 days after that, the package shows up.
So, either it wasn't delivered properly (either not delivered or delivered to the wrong address) or someone stole it, didn't open it and then felt bad and brought it back.

UPS is best for me and we have a GREAT relationship with our UPS guy... been delivering for us for forever... He knows may wife and I and our cars, so if we are driving past he will flag us down if he has something for us...

As an aside.. my son works for Amazon and I was surprised to learn that they didn't have an employee pickup area. Something where an employee could pick up their packages direct from the warehouse.. I would think this would be good for them to save shipping costs. (and better for me since I would know I was definitely getting my package)
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

My boy Madlittlepixel has the inside scoop as a driver for Amazon Flex...

http://youtu.be/O9kPTB_Kin8
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

The Meal wrote:Thank you Smoove. Hopefully it's a while before I have to use that info.
In what I'm sure is a total coincidence, I've had to do this twice in the last three days -- that's a new record.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

I just had to do this as well. I ordered a package last Friday, it made it to Sacramento by Sunday, then appeared to go in circles through Wednesday. I sent an email complaining (Thanks, Smoove!) and they told me it was lost in shipping and refunded my order. Of course, it was delivered today. In a damaged box, as is proper for AMZL.
Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

gbasden wrote:I just had to do this as well. I ordered a package last Friday, it made it to Sacramento by Sunday, then appeared to go in circles through Wednesday. I sent an email complaining (Thanks, Smoove!) and they told me it was lost in shipping and refunded my order. Of course, it was delivered today. In a damaged box, as is proper for AMZL.
That is exactly my experience with them as well. They truly do suck.
(V)(;,,;)(V) - Why not Zoidberg?
Model Mayhem # 641920
naednek

Post by naednek »

think i just had my first delivery from Amazon Logistics. They delivered today and instead of putting it by the entryway where most of it is hidden, they placed the package next to our geraniums by the garage door for the whole world to see. They couldn't bother to walk 10 more feet and place it more conspicuously.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Surprisingly, I got a package AHEAD of time... 1 day EARLIER than the earliest delivery window.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Had several items ship from several orders. USPS and UPS were fine. AMZL_US was delayed on the two they handled.

Just contacted Amazon and got this response:
I have checked the tracking detail and found that status is "Package arrived at a carrier facility". In this case we consider this as lost.
Guess they don't have any faith in AMZL either. They're refunding both items. I'd rather they just attempt delivery or reship but they told me to reorder.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

LawBeefaroni wrote:Had several items ship from several orders. USPS and UPS were fine. AMZL_US was delayed on the two they handled.

Just contacted Amazon and got this response:
I have checked the tracking detail and found that status is "Package arrived at a carrier facility". In this case we consider this as lost.
Guess they don't have any faith in AMZL either. They're refunding both items. I'd rather they just attempt delivery or reship but they told me to reorder.
Don't be surprised if the items show up a few days later, probably in boxes that look like a gorilla threw them around for a while. Most instances where AMZL has lost my stuff, they show up a few days later.
Model Mayhem # 641920
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I guess they're reshipping the second order.
I'm extending the best hand that I could give because I believe that what you say with regards to our service means much to us. As a customer centric company, we strive for customer happiness.
Props for going outside the form letter, even if it's kind of creepy.

Waiting to see if it's coming via AMZL_US.

Can't wait until I can just get it shipped to a locker at Whole Foods.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

LawBeefaroni wrote:
I'm extending the best hand that I could give because I believe that what you say with regards to our service means much to us. As a customer centric company, we strive for customer happiness.
Props for going outside the form letter, even if it's kind of creepy.
Enlarge Image
Model Mayhem # 641920