Men's Underwear and Undershirt

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Scuzz

Re: Men's Underwear and Undershirt

Post by Scuzz »

Daveman wrote:Never wore undershirts, another layer would make me too hot. Growing up I wore briefs but switched to boxers in high school and never looked back. I tried a few boxer briefs now and then but they're just too restrictive. I like breathing room down there.
Yea, with it being around 100 outside most the year (seems like anyway) wearing a t-shirt under a shirt just seems crazy. So I only wear a color t-shirt as an outer shirt.
Black Lives Matter
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

McNutt wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:47 pm I just bought a pack of Champion boxer briefs at Costco and they are a lot more comfortable than the other time I tried boxer briefs.
How have these held up? I was deciding between the Champion and the Kirkland brand at Costco.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

For the longest time I buy Hanes boxer briefs off Amazon or local Target, but after a few washes, they basically lost all elasticity and became boxers, and that's uncomfortable as heck. I'm pretty satisfied with the (insert Chinese-y name) boxer briefs bought off Amazon. Set of 5, as good as Hane's, doesn't loosen up as much after a few washes. I don't know if it's 5% spandex or all cotton, but it's holding up so far.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Moliere wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:42 pm
McNutt wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:47 pm I just bought a pack of Champion boxer briefs at Costco and they are a lot more comfortable than the other time I tried boxer briefs.
How have these held up? I was deciding between the Champion and the Kirkland brand at Costco.
I still have mine. Have lost no elasticity but a few developed small holes at the seams from wear. But I've only had to toss 2 out of the 12 I have.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Biyobi

Post by Biyobi »

I have both and I prefer the Kirkland brand.
Black Lives Matter
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I've bought both Champion and Kirkland. I greatly prefer the Champion. They fit snug (which I prefer) and have not stretched out at all. The Kirklands are a bit looser by design and I don't like that. They're both well made.
mori

Post by mori »

Tried Gildan boxer briefs but I would only put them on the same level as Hane's.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I bought a pair of Duluth Trading Company underwear to try. They were nice, but hardly worth the premium price.

Walmart has a 3-pack of Athletic Works spandex boxer briefs for $11, so I picked those up. I wore the first pair today. Imagine my surprise when I went to the restroom and discovered that they had no front flap.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I like the Duluth ballroom boxer briefs, but usually wait for a sale.

The Duluth undershirts are too much, and I destroy my undershirts anyway. My wife gets them from DestinationXL instead.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

As a kid I wore nothing but briefs. From age 20 to say maybe 37 commando. Since then its boxers. I may need to look into a new type or maybe old man surgeries because the toilet water is cold.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

The... toilet water... is cold?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:41 am The... toilet water... is cold?
I've been trying to comprehend that but completely failed.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Alefroth wrote:
I've been trying to comprehend that but completely failed.
Perhaps he uses a bidet? Image
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lassr wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:37 pm
I still have mine. Have lost no elasticity but a few developed small holes at the seams from wear. But I've only had to toss 2 out of the 12 I have.
So after about 3 years, I have one pair left of the champions, they finally started losing their elasticity in the waist. I've since bought more. The Champions are definitely the longest lasting boxer briefs I've ever bought.

Past year I tried Pumas, they loosened up after a few washes, but still fit ok just not sure how long they will last. Fila was awful, the waste band came up to my navel almost, I had to fold the band down, I finally just tossed those.
Last edited by Lassr on Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Do they do Scrotum lift surgeries?

Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Lassr wrote:
Do they do Scrotum lift surgeries?
Yes

Although it would likely have a negative impact on his ability to tie the contents in a knot or a bow.
disarm

Post by disarm »

I switched from briefs to boxers in college and stuck with that for quite a while. My wife hated the boxers I used to wear and convinced me to switch to boxer briefs when we were were dating. I spent a lot of years wearing cheap, all-cotton boxer briefs (Hanes or FotL), but eventually got tired of the fact that they lose all their stretch pretty quickly and just turn into boxers after you've worn them for a while. Now I've found something better...

I went out on a limb and tried a pair of Mack Weldon boxer briefs, and I've totally made the switch now. They're not cheap ($24/pair, but can easily get a 20% off coupon that brings it to $20), but they're way more comfortable than anything else I've tried...soft material (cotton/modal/lycra) that's stretchy without being too tight, they don't bunch up, and they don't get stretched out over time. I haven't been wearing them for long, but people says that they hold up very well...long enough to make them worth the investment.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thats the worst trouble with boxers...the waist band stretches after a few washings. Using a large safety pin is not actually that safe.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
mori

Post by mori »

Bought some 5Mayi boxer briefs off of Amazon. They are a 95% cotton/5% spandex blend. I like them as they really grip the leg and don't ride up. Hopefully they hold up. I also purchased some Duluth Trading Company boxer briefs. Got a few different ones. I like the Armachilllo the most. But price keeps me away from buying more.
Holman

Post by Holman »

FishPants wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:54 pm I used to wear adidas boxer briefs (lycra/cotton blend) -- now I'm making the conversion to Saxx. They are unbelievably comfy, but at $40 a pop it's a slow process. Seriously worth it, it's design to hold your junk in a pouch that keeps everything sorted. Trust me.

:banana-ninja:
$40 for underwear??

I'll sort myself, thank you.

(Sorry for the necro. They're probably $50 now.)
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I have the same problem. I used to be a briefs guys, but I've switched to boxer briefs. The problem with boxer briefs is they lose their stretch and soon you feel like you're wearing boxers instead. I've tried the cheaper Chinese boxer briefs with those funny names, but they also lose their stretch, even if they have 5% spandex. I ended up going back to Hanes all cotton and just swap more often and replace as needed.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Holman wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:41 pm
FishPants wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:54 pm I used to wear adidas boxer briefs (lycra/cotton blend) -- now I'm making the conversion to Saxx. They are unbelievably comfy, but at $40 a pop it's a slow process. Seriously worth it, it's design to hold your junk in a pouch that keeps everything sorted. Trust me.

:banana-ninja:
$40 for underwear??

I'll sort myself, thank you.

(Sorry for the necro. They're probably $50 now.)
Cabela's shows a pair of boxer briefs for $20.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

I've tried a bunch of different boxer briefs and just switched back to UnderArmour 9" boxer briefs. They came back to the old fit after several iterations that weren't so good
mori

Post by mori »

Tried MeUndies Boxer Briefs but I only like them for their prints over many months. I much prefer Duluth Trading Company for support in those regions as with MeUndies I feel I am always presenting as there is no restraining measures. Unless you are wearing jeans I do not recommend them. MeUndies are soft there is no doubt but I just ordered some new style DTC soft boxer briefs and will see how they compare. As with what I have tried so far, DTC Bullpen boxer briefs wins hands down. The cheap 5Mayi I got off of Amazon is still doing great.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Duluth recently launched Dang Soft™ Boxer Briefs. $24.50 a pop. :shock:
mori

Post by mori »

That is what I bought referring to my previous post. That sort of price does not shock me anymore for such things.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I bought a 3 pack of Ex Oficio for $20 off Amazon over the Cybermonday thing. It's... actually quite good. It's more elastic and while it feels slightly more artificial than the all-cotton Hanes, that's not necessarily a bad thing. And so far, it's staying in shape. Typically my Hanes loses elasticity after 12 hours. I think I'm a converted fan.
mori

Post by mori »

The Duluth Trading Dang Soft are indeed soft, but if that was my only caveat, I would save the money and go MeUndies. Bought some 32Degree briefs at Costco. I like them but will be saving them for warmer months.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

MeUndies seems to be the same price as the Dang Soft's. Though MeUndies has a "subscription plan" where you can get 1 per month at $16 instead of $24 one-time purchase.

I think I'll stick with Ex Oficio's for now, and my stash of older Hane's. I recently bought some "blemished" Hane's at $8 for 5. Paying $25 for ONE pair is almost madness.

EDIT: and so are the ex officio's prices. Apparently, they are sold singly for $20, but you can get 3 for $21. WTF?!