Happy birthday, me!

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Kelric

Happy birthday, me!

Post by Kelric »

Yep, wishing myself a happy birthday because somebody has to! Please use this thread to come up with something amusing I once posted, or a time we gamed together, or that time Chaz bought me beer before I was 21. In all honesty I could use the pleasant thoughts. And because making the rest of you feel old keeps me amused, I'm turning 33 today. I started posting (or at leasting reading) on GoneGold, oh, twenty years ago, I think....
Lordnine

Re: Happy birthday, me!

Post by Lordnine »

Enlarge Image
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I knew you when you were Kelric Verchild (sp?). You showed up at a public Gone Gold gathering, or maybe it was an Impressions thing -- something PC game-related, I don't remember what (maybe you do?)...but you were too young to drink. I wondered how you had gotten in and suspected that you were angling for a job.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Kraken wrote:I knew you when you were Kelric Verchild (sp?). You showed up at a public Gone Gold gathering, or maybe it was an Impressions thing -- something PC game-related, I don't remember what (maybe you do?)...but you were too young to drink. I wondered how you had gotten in and suspected that you were angling for a job.
Close. Varchild, from a character from a Magic: The Gathering card I had when I was maybe 10 or 11. And hopefully you quickly learned that jobs aren't a thing I prefer to do. :snooty:

It would have been a GG gathering, never went to an Impressions event or a general PC gaming event until PAX East about five years ago. I think.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

I remember that time you went to Australia and you came back with that ridiculous accent and you called girls "sheilas" for about six months...
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Flabby Hurtday... Crappy Barfday... fleas complimentos!... Fro lickedya' goobers tag!
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Happy birthday!

I rolled over to 40 on Monday.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
RMC

Post by RMC »

I hit 45, yesterday. So a bunch of us September babies. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Kelric wrote: And because making the rest of you feel old keeps me amused, I'm turning 33 today. I started posting (or at leasting reading) on GoneGold, oh, twenty years ago, I think....
Oh yeah? When you started posting you were around half my age. Now you're 3/4 as old as I am.

Happy birthday, sir.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

LawBeefaroni wrote:
Kelric wrote: And because making the rest of you feel old keeps me amused, I'm turning 33 today. I started posting (or at leasting reading) on GoneGold, oh, twenty years ago, I think....
Oh yeah? When you started posting you were around half my age. Now you're 3/4 as old as I am.

Happy birthday, sir.
I hate you both. Where is dbt? I need to feel young by hanging around him for a while.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Happy Birthday...from beyond the grave.

Yeah, I'm that old...
Covfefe!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LawBeefaroni wrote:

Happy birthday, sir.

At present rate he'll be older than you in, what, about 20 years?
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Just a friendly reminder - the #1 cause of death by old age is too many birthdays. You might want to cut back.

I still have vague memories of the time we got together in Boston (well, Cambridge IIRC). I still have the shirt I wore that night (pumpkin orange 'cause it was October). Every time I think to wear it, my wife complains it's so old. But it can't be that old I start...then I realize that trip was over 10 years ago. :oops:

Happy birthday!
Black Lives Matter
tgb

Post by tgb »

Feliz Companeros, Kelric, from someone almost twice your age. :hawk:
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

:happy-wavemulticolor:
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

Harpy Boifday!
(V)(;,,;)(V) - Why not Zoidberg?
Model Mayhem # 641920
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Happy birthday to the likely-to-become the 11th member of the 30k club.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

My 26th wedding anniversary was yesterday so you were 7 years old when I got married!

<sigh>feeling old...
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Happy birthday man, I remember those days like they were...well a long time ago.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

I remember that time I bought you bee...oh, well then. Happy birthday anyway!
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Isgrimnur wrote:Happy birthday to the likely-to-become the 11th member of the 30k club.
He's barely old enough to drink, you sure he's old enough to handle being in that exclusive club? :snooty:

Happy Bday. You're about 3/4 of my age too. I agree with Jeff on those too many bdays being unhealthy though, I'm trying to cut back but my family keeps reminding me (esp my wife, who's bday is 3 days later and she likes to get presents so makes sure I remember our birthdays are coming up...).
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Happy Birthday. Mine was in May and I turned 48 so you have youngness on your side. I feel 20 though mentally. Wife says 12. So Im young in some damn way. Dont eat too much cheese. At your age it will stop you up.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

I remember playing Wheel of Time online with you in probably 2000 or 2001. Despite the fact that I had probably logged much more time than you on the game, I seem to recall you being much better at it than I was. I blamed it on me being old (I was nearly 30) and you being a damned teenager.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

ImLawBoy wrote:I remember playing Wheel of Time online with you in probably 2000 or 2001. Despite the fact that I had probably logged much more time than you on the game, I seem to recall you being much better at it than I was. I blamed it on me being old (I was nearly 30) and you being a damned teenager.
I think I recall you vaguely as liking that game.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

To be fair, ImLawboy is down with braid tugging. I had forgotten there was a Wheel of Time game.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

33??

Maybe next year, maybe no go
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

I still think of you as a teenager, Kelric, even if you're no longer acting like one. Happy Birthday - a little late.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Interesting. Can't remember if I knew you were one day older than me. That's Prince Harry's birthday, which for some reason made my mother excited because... Commonwealth, I guess. Only, he turned out to be a tosser. But yeah, they scheduled me for the 15th also, but her 40-hour labour confounded things.

Anyway, here's to impending death. And September pride! Which is something I'm sure someone somewhere cares about.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

You people don't understand the dangers of birthdays. It's all well and good to limit them. In fact, you can keep it down to one per year and it won't be enough. The problem is that birthdays stay in your system. They're cumulative over a lifetime.

And happy birthday!
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Zaxxon wrote:
ImLawBoy wrote:I remember playing Wheel of Time online with you in probably 2000 or 2001. Despite the fact that I had probably logged much more time than you on the game, I seem to recall you being much better at it than I was. I blamed it on me being old (I was nearly 30) and you being a damned teenager.
I think I recall you vaguely as liking that game.
I was pretty subtle about it.
That's my purse! I don't know you!