Amazing Movie Prop Auction.

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

rshetts2

Amazing Movie Prop Auction.

Post by rshetts2 »

http://content.propstore.com/auction/la ... index.html

Want a Batsuit? Or Conan's Sword? Perhaps Star Lord's helmet suits your fancy? Indiana Jone's whip? The crown of the Witch King of Angmar?
This is a seriously awesome collection. Insane prices but damn! Some seriously cool stuff. The digital catalog is very cool, check it out.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Isgrimnur

Re: Amazing Movie Prop Auction.

Post by Isgrimnur »

Anyone want to help me chip in to get the Laboratory Chimp Autopsy Body for hepcat?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Very cool and very well-presented!

I feel like we saw something like this posted years ago. Of course the content was all different.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Aliasbuck

Post by Aliasbuck »

The last one of these was incredible too. Love to see these and think, nope, can't afford any of it, haha.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I can't decide between the original M41A pulse rifle, the French taunter's helmet, or Mal's actual brown coat.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

That pulse rifle had a fake barrel. Was that a test mock up? And was it stored in a wet cellar?
Brian

Post by Brian »

McNutt wrote:That pulse rifle had a fake barrel. Was that a test mock up? And was it stored in a wet cellar?
Yeah, I'd love to have a Pulse Rifle but that's a lot of cash for a really crappy version. Sure it was probably used on set and probably was even seen on film but... bleh.

For $285 you can get one that looks much better and actually works! (If you count firing Airsoft BBs as working.)

I've actually had this on my Amazon wishlist for a while. I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger, so to speak.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
tgb

Post by tgb »

You'll shoot your eye out.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I saw this on a site a while back. The two that really caught my attention were Merlin's outfit from Excalibur (I've always loved the skullcap), and my #1 item, page 305, the Fortress of Solitude crystal from Superman (1978.)
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Those were two that caught my eye too.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Bat Nipples.........must resist.....
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

Sylvester McCoy's hat would be fun to wear if I had a spare $5,000 or so. Or would the Doom costume be better? Dr. Doom and I have the same size feet.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Brian wrote:
McNutt wrote:That pulse rifle had a fake barrel. Was that a test mock up? And was it stored in a wet cellar?
Yeah, I'd love to have a Pulse Rifle but that's a lot of cash for a really crappy version. Sure it was probably used on set and probably was even seen on film but... bleh.

For $285 you can get one that looks much better and actually works! (If you count firing Airsoft BBs as working.)

I've actually had this on my Amazon wishlist for a while. I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger, so to speak.
I have the airsoft gun.. It's nice.. Haven't used it for airsoft yet though. The shotgun part could be better and a lot of people were hoping it would be a working grenade launcher when it was announced, but it's still nice.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Holman

Post by Holman »

Does it tick down the ammo digitally? Because that's everything.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Holman wrote:Does it tick down the ammo digitally? Because that's everything.
From the webpage:

Working LCD Ammo Counter!

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Auction News
At the end of October we wrote that Robby the Robot — one of our all-time favorite non-human characters — was up for auction. But even though he’s priceless to fans of the 1956 film Forbidden Planet, in which he makes his on-screen debut, it was impossible for Bonhams auction house to place an Earth dollar value on the Altair IV relic.

It turns out that he’s worth $5,375,000.
Other items that have made auction history include the Maltese Falcon from the eponymous movie, which earned $4 million; Marilyn Monroe’s dress from The Seven-Year Itch, which earned $4.6 million; and Adam West’s iconic Batmobile, which also earned $4.6 million. (This continues the tradition of only millionaires being able to say, “To the Batmobile!”)

This particular auction didn’t only include the Michelin Man-like Robby. The lot also came with Robby’s Jeep, a control panel, an alternate head, and other Robby accoutrements.
It's almost as if people are the problem.