[movie] Isle of Dogs ....Wes Anderson movie

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

[movie] Isle of Dogs ....Wes Anderson movie

Post by Daehawk »

Isle of Dogs trailer

Isle of Dogs is an upcoming American stop-motion animated dystopian adventure comedy-drama film written and directed by Wes Anderson. Produced by Indian Paintbrush, the film will feature an ensemble voice cast consisting of Bryan Cranston, Edward Norton, Bill Murray, Jeff Goldblum, Kunichi Nomura, Greta Gerwig, Frances McDormand, Courtney B. Vance, Fisher Stevens, Mari Natsuki, Harvey Keitel, Koyu Rankin, Liev Schreiber, Bob Balaban, Scarlett Johansson, Tilda Swinton, Akira Ito, Akira Takayama, F. Murray Abraham, Yojiro Noda, Frank Wood, and Yoko Ono.

It is scheduled to be released on March 23, 2018, by Fox Searchlight Pictures. It will be Fox Searchlight's first animated film since Waking Life (2001).

Set in a dystopian future Japan where dogs have been outlawed due to a "dog flu" and have been quarantined on a remote island, Isle of Dogs follows, on the titular island, five local dogs named Rex (Edward Norton), King (Bob Balaban), Duke (Jeff Goldblum), Boss (Bill Murray) and Chief (Bryan Cranston) who are fed up with their isolated existence until a boy named Atari Kobayashi (Koyu Rankin) who ventures to the island to search for his dog, Spots. Atari receives their help and they will protect him from the Japanese authorities who have come to retrieve him.

Enlarge Image
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
hepcat

Re: [movie] Isle of Dogs ....Wes Anderson movie

Post by hepcat »

I will watch anything Wes Anderson does.

In.
He won. Period.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I'm the exact opposite. There are a few directors who have a style that just doesn't click with me:

John Woo - doves and enemies holding guns to each other's head
Paul Greengrass - cameras are held on fishing poles by people wearing roller skates for the first time in their lives
Wes Anderson - quirky with annoyingly centered shots
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Funny, your list includes two of my favorites. I just picked up the two part version of Woo's Red Cliffs a few months ago. No guns, no doves. Just brilliant historical action.

Wes Anderson is the child inside us that sees the world in awe and wonder, while at the same time understanding how ridiculously flawed it all is. He's Tim Burton if Tim Burton hadn't been raised a goth.

Greengrass is touch and go with me though.
He won. Period.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Speaking as a cat person, that looks great.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I like Wes Anderson, but if you told me the new preview was a Wes Anderson parody, I would believe you.

At some point he seems likely to cross the line into too precious, and this could be it.

[Glances at reviews]

If this is NOT it, though, it could be wonderful.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

hepcat wrote:Funny, your list includes two of my favorites. I just picked up the two part version of Woo's Red Cliffs a few months ago. No guns, no doves. Just brilliant historical action.
I didn't know (or perhaps had forgotten) that John Woo directed Red Cliffs. That was a really good movie. And I like his dual pistol wielding dove movies too.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

I really want to see this, it looks amazing, but my family was disturbed by the animation
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
Shinjin

Post by Shinjin »

I loved the trailer and my children were enchanted. Extremely disappointed that it has a PG-13 rating :(
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

went to this last night. don't think i've ever seen a Wes Anderson film before? it did cross the line into 'too precious' several times, but it's really worth seeing for the animation. also funny that Yoko Ono gets a brief part
Shinjin wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:50 am I loved the trailer and my children were enchanted. Extremely disappointed that it has a PG-13 rating :(
there is a fair-to-middlin' amount of death and dismemberment.
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

It does deserve its PG-13 rating.
Anyone who hasn't learned about the birds and bees may have some questions. And squeemish types may be unprepared for the amount of squeems.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.