Survivor - Lions v Tigers v Bears, Oh My!

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

tgb

Survivor - Lions v Tigers v Bears, Oh My!

Post by tgb »

err......Hobos v Hookers v Handicapped. No, that's not right. Healers v Heroes v Hustlers. That's it!

No one has any thoughts? OK, then. In no particular order:

I see they brought back the Crazy Black Person, a Survivor staple.

Pull your pants up.

Mom Squad? They don’t look to be more than 5 or 10 years older than the rest of the tribe.

I said, pull your pants up.

Oh good. On-camera puking.

At least the immunity idols don’t look like they were made by kids in a crafts class for Special Needs students this season.

So the person voted off was voted off because…no particular reason?

PULL YOUR GODDAMN PANTS UP!!!

Right now I’m liking either Peter Parker (the bellhop) or the Dick Doctor (who could turn out to be Cochran 2.0), but that could change, or course.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
coopasonic

Re: Survivor - Lions v Tigers v Bears, Oh My!

Post by coopasonic »

Meh.

I've watched this show for ~32 seasons. I think I am over it.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

I'm watching. I need another week or two to settle in on my favorites and despised. That ultimate idol thing was pretty much a bust. Finder didn't need it, and then the producers' back-up plan fizzled too.

I went back and looked at list of previous winners (wife and I were trying to remember Cochran's name). It's amazing how completely forgettable some of the winners/runner-ups were, even from just a couple seasons ago. Sure, there have been some notorious and charismatic players, but a lot more duds than I remembered.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

You people are why we cant have good tv :)
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I can't figure why on earth the puking chick did not play her "only usable during the first tribal" idol to gain a very very solid ally. If she would have announced to the tribe she had it then she could have picked one of the main 4 to get rid of. Crazy black guy would certainly have sided with her.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Don't know if anyone else is watching this still, but what a shit show last nights episode was.

How in the world can you gather 10 people together and not ONE of them knows how to count??????
Stupidest advantage EVER. All it would have taken is 1 knucklehead to be able to add and it would have been blown up.
I was really hoping it would just to see how it would have been handled.....
He/Him/His/Porcupine
tgb

Post by tgb »

Really? I thought it was quite good.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

That 1 woman, Chrissy, is supposedly a math wiz, yet couldn't figure out that 4+4+1+1=10, while there were 11 people sitting there.
I know they are all deprived and what not, but this is tribal council, where EVERY vote counts.

I find it mind boggling that not 1 single person did the math.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

The camera showed Joe with his "wheels turning" face. Let's see how the tribal vote was produced and how they open the next episode before going too ranty, eh?
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

The Meal wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:39 am The camera showed Joe with his "wheels turning" face. Let's see how the tribal vote was produced and how they open the next episode before going too ranty, eh?
But, but..........
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Probst explained it. He never reads all the votes. Only those that impact the outcome. Thus the missing vote could be justified by Lauren claiming she had voted for a third player not involved in the tie. Also, the other players may have and likely did assume that to be the case as there was the random single votes.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Remus West wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:59 am Probst explained it. He never reads all the votes. Only those that impact the outcome. Thus the missing vote could be justified by Lauren claiming she had voted for a third player not involved in the tie. Also, the other players may have and likely did assume that to be the case as there was the random single votes.
Probst clearly says "I'll read the FINAL vote", not "I'll read the final vote that matters, because the REAL final vote doesnt matter because it's not for either Joe or Desi".

Am I being anal? Yes I am.
I take my Survivor very seriously.
I am lonely........
He/Him/His/Porcupine
tgb

Post by tgb »

I wonder if Lauren could have voted twice in the re-vote.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stimpy wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:08 pm
Remus West wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:59 am Probst explained it. He never reads all the votes. Only those that impact the outcome. Thus the missing vote could be justified by Lauren claiming she had voted for a third player not involved in the tie. Also, the other players may have and likely did assume that to be the case as there was the random single votes.
Probst clearly says "I'll read the FINAL vote", not "I'll read the final vote that matters, because the REAL final vote doesnt matter because it's not for either Joe or Desi".

Am I being anal? Yes I am.
I take my Survivor very seriously.
I am lonely........
Don't get me wrong. I said the same thing to my wife when we watched last night. It was this morning when I saw Probst's explanation.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

tgb wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:38 pm I wonder if Lauren could have voted twice in the re-vote.
I wondered why she did not take that parchment too. Or vote. Either way she only needed to skip a single vote.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Anyone else still watching? Interesting twist for the final. I was crushed for Ben during the final immunity not because I'm a fan of his but because I could just feel the pain of being a single upside down letter from making the final three and likely winning it all. The thought of how I'd feel in that position thinking about my wife and daughter was downright painful.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Remus West wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:48 pm Anyone else still watching? Interesting twist for the final. I was crushed for Ben during the final immunity not because I'm a fan of his but because I could just feel the pain of being a single upside down letter from making the final three and likely winning it all. The thought of how I'd feel in that position thinking about my wife and daughter was downright painful.
I thought the twist was a cheap gimmick to give Ben a chance to stay in the game.
Taking away the chance for the winner of final immunity to pick who they want to go up against defeats the purpose of wining the final immunity.
Chrissy got robbed. On the plus side, she looked smoking hot at the reunion.....
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stimpy wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:53 pm
Remus West wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:48 pm Anyone else still watching? Interesting twist for the final. I was crushed for Ben during the final immunity not because I'm a fan of his but because I could just feel the pain of being a single upside down letter from making the final three and likely winning it all. The thought of how I'd feel in that position thinking about my wife and daughter was downright painful.
I thought the twist was a cheap gimmick to give Ben a chance to stay in the game.
Taking away the chance for the winner of final immunity to pick who they want to go up against defeats the purpose of wining the final immunity.
Chrissy got robbed. On the plus side, she looked smoking hot at the reunion.....
I thought it added some tension to a phase of the game that had gotten really stale. I have not seen the reunion yet so have no idea who won (please don't tell me). I assume Ben but I think Chrissy has a very strong argument in her favor. I can not for the life of me imagine Ryan believing he has a snowball's chance in Hell.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Spoiler:
Ben deserved it just for, well, surviving as long as he did with a target constantly on his back. He played the other 3 like a violin. i would have been fine with Chrissy winning, however, had things turned out differently
I wouldn't mind seeing them both come back.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

I just need to mention that it was either sheer stupidity or Emmy worthy editing that has me wondering how in the world the other players kept letting Ben wander off alone to idol hunt. 1 time, I can see. 2 times, shame on me. 3 times?????? WTF. Idiots.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stimpy wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:52 pm I just need to mention that it was either sheer stupidity or Emmy worthy editing that has me wondering how in the world the other players kept letting Ben wander off alone to idol hunt. 1 time, I can see. 2 times, shame on me. 3 times?????? WTF. Idiots.
I think their lame ass reasons for it are what cost Chrissy the win. Had they done a better job of keeping track of him - even just well enough to know he had an idol each time she could have won because she dominated the social game compared to him and was world better during the final tribal but the idiocy of never keeping tabs on him couldn't be overlooked.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Chrissie annoyed me; just a personality thing. She played well, and would have been worthy of winning. I was pulling for Ben though, just for the fact that he was able to survive those final rounds. I certainly agree that it was foolish for the others to let him keep searching for idols. And Ben was annoying at the tribals. On the other hand, when they showed the retrospective of all the moves he made through the whole thing, he was pretty active.

Anyway- what started off as a pretty bland season got pretty interesting. Not sure how I feel about the next one. I'll watch but I'm not sure hot the 'past mistakes' gimmick will work. Will see, I suppose.
tgb

Post by tgb »

I rarely watch the reunion show - what's the past mistake gimmick?
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

tgb wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:42 am I rarely watch the reunion show - what's the past mistake gimmick?
Well, they showed clips of some of the most infamous mistakes from past seasons - Ice Cream Man getting talked into giving his immunity necklace away, Secret Advantages that backfired, fake idols played thinking they were real, that sort of thing. Then they're going to have new players next round, with riffs on these old storylines. Lots of ghost imagery. I can't explain it very well.

Link if you'd rather hear the official spin: http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/news ... season-36/