Harvey Weinstein (and assorted horrible people)... RIP career.

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Hyena

Re: Harvey Weinstein (and assorted horrible people)... RIP career.

Post by Hyena »

I'm gonna guess that's not the only thing he has "caught" in prison.
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Hey remember when we posted things in this awful news thread? Well, I figured Danny Masterson now belongs here:
Actor Danny Masterson, known for his roles in “That ’70s Show” and “The Ranch,” has been charged with forcibly raping three women in separate incidents in his Hollywood Hills home, Los Angeles County District Attorney’s officials announced Wednesday.

The incidents occurred between 2001 and 2003, officials allege.

Masterson allegedly raped a 23-year-old woman between January and December 2001, according to a criminal complaint against him.

He is also accused of raping a 28-year-old woman in April 2003. Sometime between October and December of that year, he allegedly raped a 23-year-old woman who he invited to his home.

Masterson faces a maximum sentence of 45 years to life in prison if convicted as charged.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Masterson allegedly raped a 23-year-old woman between January and December 2001,
Why not just say during 2001? And did the woman not remember any better than that?
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Re: Harvey Weinstein... RIP career.

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:17 pm Danny Masterson
Last week, The Daily Beast published a statement from Chrissie Carnell Bixler, one of at least four women who is accusing the actor Danny Masterson of rape.

Bixler, 39, alleges that when she reported her rape to officials at the Church of Scientology, which at the time counted her and Masterson as members, she was “made to feel like I didn’t matter,” and was told that she couldn’t have been raped by a man she was in a relationship with.
:coffee:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

That's a long time between updates.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

“Obviously, Mr. Masterson and his wife are in complete shock considering that these nearly 20-year old allegations are suddenly resulting in charges being filed, but they and their family are comforted knowing that ultimately the truth will come out,”
Masterson may very well be innocent but emphasizing that allegations are nearly 20 years old, when they were being pursued in 2017 with us having no access to information of what has happening before hand, makes one of those allegations less than 15 years old at the time the process got rolling. So now with no access to what happened in those intervening 15 years, I have reason to doubt the defense.
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

Chris D'Elia is currently in his own little imbroglio as well. Apparently, he's been creeping on underage fans and trying to get with them. There's a great video out there where he learns that people screenshot Snapchats and he has a total "OH SHIT" look on his face that's priceless.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

If you don't know how social media works, be careful what you do.

Scratch that...don't do bad shit. Period.
Covfefe!
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

The swallow at the end was him trying to push down the vomit from suddenly realizing just how deep the shit was going to get.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Underaged *boy* fans, no less, if that video is indicative.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Ron Jeremy (who's 67 now!) has been charged with 3 counts of rape and one count of sexual assault (the details are a bit more specific than that). Can get up to 90 years in prison for the works.
Hodor.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Did I miss something? What's with all these new revaluations? To be clear, I'm not saying it's a problem it just seems like everything kinda died down for a bit but in the last few days it feels like there's quite a few - and from all different industries, including PC gaming by way of Chris Avellone.
Studios working with Chris Avellone have issued statements addressing their relationship with the prominent games writer and designer, following allegations of sexual harassment posted on social media over the weekend.
EDIT: Here's the Ron Jeremy story via Rolling Stone.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Freyland wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:49 pm Underaged *boy* fans, no less, if that video is indicative.
Editing to point out that a Google review seems to be focused on girls. Bad either way, just clarifying my initial impression from the video.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

pr0ner wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:54 pm Ron Jeremy (who's 67 now!) has been charged with 3 counts of rape and one count of sexual assault (the details are a bit more specific than that). Can get up to 90 years in prison for the works.

If he's 67 now, he'd have been raping throughout his 60's and 66 for the most recent incident.

WTF.

Prosecutors allege Jeremy forcibly raped a 25-year-old woman at a home in West Hollywood in May 2014. Jeremy allegedly sexually assaulted two women, ages 33 and 46, on separate occasions at a West Hollywood bar in 2017. He is also accused of forcibly raping a 30-year-old woman at the same bar in July 2019. The D.A.’s office noted it investigated another incident involving Jeremy from 2016 but declined the case due to insufficient evidence.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Great news - it appears Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein's sometime lover, herself a sexual predator and his enabler/pimp has been arrested. This will be interesting as she knows all the secrets:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/us/ghisl ... index.html
Last edited by Grifman on Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Grifman wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:53 am Great news - it appears Ghillaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein's sometime lover, herself a sexual predator and his enabler/pimp has been arrested. This will be interesting as she knows all the secrets:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/us/ghisl ... index.html
Prediction: I'm sure nobody would ever try to get her to bear false witness. :think:
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

I will be talking to the city’s education department this week about a high school coach. Learned of another friend who said the coach sexually molested them. This makes two different graduating classes, two different generations I am aware of. I can not keep quiet on this matter because too many have. The coach is still employed at the high school. I need to be another voice against this person. Eventually those who can bring a case will come forward.
I will not be telling the names of the men (then boys) but rather giving information (most likely) adding to other reports of questionable behavior. Because the abuse has been going on for years, factuality has to be aware to some degree.

Thank you OO for being a place I can park this while I try to sleep. No one to talk to at this hour (worked till 1AM).
"Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding!" - Betty White
Holman

Post by Holman »

KKBlue wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:44 am I will be talking to the city’s education department this week about a high school coach. Learned of another friend who said the coach sexually molested them. This makes two different graduating classes, two different generations I am aware of. I can not keep quiet on this matter because too many have. The coach is still employed at the high school. I need to be another voice against this person. Eventually those who can bring a case will come forward.
I will not be telling the names of the men (then boys) but rather giving information (most likely) adding to other reports of questionable behavior. Because the abuse has been going on for years, factuality has to be aware to some degree.

Thank you OO for being a place I can park this while I try to sleep. No one to talk to at this hour (worked till 1AM).
Good luck to you. You're doing something brave.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

KKBlue wrote:I will be talking to the city’s education department this week about a high school coach. Learned of another friend who said the coach sexually molested them. This makes two different graduating classes, two different generations I am aware of. I can not keep quiet on this matter because too many have. The coach is still employed at the high school. I need to be another voice against this person. Eventually those who can bring a case will come forward.

Kudos for your bravery. You're doing the right thing, just continue to have confidence in that.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

KKBlue wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:44 am I will be talking to the city’s education department this week about a high school coach. Learned of another friend who said the coach sexually molested them. This makes two different graduating classes, two different generations I am aware of. I can not keep quiet on this matter because too many have. The coach is still employed at the high school. I need to be another voice against this person. Eventually those who can bring a case will come forward.

Good luck and stay strong.

You might want to start a separate thread for this so your story doesn't get lost in this general thread, as I suspect many would like to offer support and encouragement as this goes on (doesn't seem like the sort of thing where you say your thing and move on).
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

“Thank you” seems very small to offer back OOers. I needed a place to start figuring out the next moves, thank YOU for the opportunity. Please know I appreciate your words of encouragement and wish all of us “extra” too when standing up. XO

I made some phone calls and have an afternoon talk on Monday scheduled with a friend who is an educator. Hoping she will be able to offer council with where I should go, what department or building to give the matter more attention.

Zenn7 :-) I like this addition here to mix in with the more popular accounts, reports, allegations. Originally thought about starting a new thread but after getting caught up with reading, seemed like a good place to interject. Super appreciate the love and support but am going to try hard not let this consume me. Being able to separate is important for many reasons. (advice from a phone call who has dealt with family sexual abuse) When I have an outcome or something I feel maybe helpful for others, I will share. XO
"Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding!" - Betty White
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Zenn7 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:51 pm

Good luck and stay strong.

You might want to start a separate thread for this so your story doesn't get lost in this general thread, as I suspect many would like to offer support and encouragement as this goes on (doesn't seem like the sort of thing where you say your thing and move on).
For sure.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Endgadget
The company has announced (via Kotaku) that Chief Creative Officer Serge Hascoët has resigned immediately after Libération claims he enabled misconduct by other executives, including Tommy François. The publisher’s Managing Director for Canadian studios, Yannis Mallat, has also left immediately after multiple allegations against employees in the country made it “impossible for him to continue” in the role.

Global human resources head Cécile Cornet is also leaving, although Ubisoft stressed that she made that choice “in the best interest of the Company’s unity.” Her exit comes alongside “restructuring and strengthening” HR to adapt to the new realities of the business.

CEO and co-founder Yves Guillemot reiterated that the moves were vital to put an end to “toxic behaviors” and help Ubisoft “improve and strengthen” its culture. He maintained that the misconduct was in stark opposition to values that he “never compromised — and never will.”

These additional departures come just days after a slew of allegations surfaced against numerous employees across Ubisoft’s offices. The accusations ranged from sexual harassment and intimidation through to abuse, racism and retaliation. Some of the accusers added that HR and management would disregard complaints, making it possible for staff to continue misconduct.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Deadline
Danny Masterson will face charges of rape, a Los Angeles Superior Court Judge ruled Monday.

In a masked and socially distanced hearing this morning in downtown L.A., Judge Eleanor Hunter rejected the defense stance that the case against the former That ’70s Show star should be tossed under the statute of limitations. Represented by his lawyers Thomas Mesereau and Sharon Appelbaum, Masterson was not present at the hearing.

Accused back in June of three counts of forcible rape, Masterson is out on a $3.3 million bail.
As agreed among the attorneys and the L.A. County DA today, Masterson will be in court November 2 for his arraignment.
During today’s hearing, Hunter also rejected a move by the defense to keep the media out of the courtroom. Appelbaum argued without success that the presence of the press in the high-profile case “creates an unfair prejudice for the defendant.” Prosecutors from Jackie Lacey’s office had “no objection” to media requests to be the courtroom.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I guess this is the thread for it. Shia LaBeouf is being sued for mental and physical abuse by a former girlfriend.
The avant-pop artist FKA Twigs has sued actor Shia LaBeouf for what she described as “relentless” abuse during their nearly one-year relationship in 2018. The lawsuit, filed in Los Angeles Superior Court and first reported by The New York Times, accuses the Transformers actor of sexual battery, assault, infliction of emotional distress, and knowingly infecting the singer with a sexually transmitted disease.
If true, the details are pretty horrible. LaBeouf routinely berated and threatened his partner, behaved recklessly in vehicles with her, and began sleeping with a loaded rifle and acting so paranoid that she was afraid for her safety.

One especially ick detail (I saw this elsewhere): the lawsuit alleges that LaBeouf psyched himself up for a role as a serial killer by driving around LA and shooting stray dogs.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

NBC News
The stalking and intimidation cases brought by four women who have accused TV actor Danny Masterson of rape must now go through mediation within the Church of Scientology, a Los Angeles judge ruled Wednesday.

The ruling comes just days before Masterson's scheduled arraignment on three charges of rape between 2001 and 2003. In early November, that hearing was set for Jan 6.

On Wednesday, Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Steven Kleifield ruled that the harassment complaint from Chrissie Carnell Bixler, her husband, musician Cedric Bixler-Zavala, Marie Bobette Riales and two Jane Does must be settled by the Church in "religious arbitration," since an arbitration agreement already exists among the parties that compels disputes to be handled by the Church of Scientology.
A decision was not made on the claims by Bobette Riales, who was not a member of the church and thus not subject to the arbitration agreement.

A status conference on the arbitration was set by the court for June 30.
I'm sure, as the arbiters are, no doubt, paid for their services by the "Church," will be fair and equitable in their decision.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Deadline
Westworld actress Evan Rachel Wood has publicly accused Marilyn Manson of “horrifically abusing” her for years.

The actress named Manson, real name Brian Warner, in an Instagram post detailing the allegations. She has previously spoken about being the survivor of domestic violence but until this point had never called out her abuser. The pair were known to have had a relationship in 2007, when she was 19 and her was 38, and they were briefly engaged in 2010.

In response to Wood’s accusations, at least three other women have posted their own allegations against Manson on Instagram, one of whom has since deleted her post. Deadline has contacted Manson’s reps for comment; his team have denied similar accusations in the past.

In the post, which is in full below, Wood says Manson began grooming her as a teenager and that she was “brainwashed and manipulated into submission” by the singer. She says she wants to “expose this dangerous man and call out the many industries that have enabled him”.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Manson immediately dropped by his record label.

I’m mostly just surprised that people were surprised by this. I thought it’s been widely known for years that he was a colossal douche who was abusive.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

guess this should have gone in this thread

https://www.wmagazine.com/story/alice-g ... legations/
In the early 2000s, Alice Glass, then known as Margaret Osborn, was just two credits away from finishing up high school when she decided to drop out to make music with Ethan Kath—a pursuit that, in a few years, would become the electronic group Crystal Castles, whose first two albums promptly landed on NME's list of top 100 albums of the decade and the Billboard 200 chart.

All that, until now, has been quite the group's backstory. But on Tuesday, Glass provided a slew of horrifying details to go along with her version of how Crystal Castles, which she left in 2014, actually got started. In a post on her website, which she tweeted with the hashtag #MeToo, Glass explains that she first met Kath (real name is Claudio Palmieri) when she was in the 10th grade, an encounter she remembers this way: "The first time he took advantage of me was when I was around 15. He was 10 years older than me. I came to in the back of his car extremely intoxicated (from drinks he had given me that night)."

There's more: Kath was allegedly "stalking" Glass and "driving past [her] high school" looking for her, intoxicating her while they had sex that "wasn't always consensual," and literally laughing off Glass's allegations that their recording engineer sexually harassed her when they recorded their first EP. When the pair was then invited to tour the U.K., the apparently much older Kath convinced Glass to drop out of high school.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Looks like Whedon is next. In addition to previous complaints by Ray Fisher, Momoa, and Gadot, apparently there are now reports from Sarah Michelle Gellar, Charisma Carpenter, and Michelle Trachtenberg. In fact, there was apparently a rule that Whedon was not allowed to be alone withTrachtenberg (Dawn) who was 14 at the time.

To be honest, this one doesn't surprise me. Whedon's shows of his own creation always had certain things in common that, once you noticed them, gave them kind of a creepy element. Hint: Remove both high school girls (or those that could pass for them) and sex from his shows and see what's left. It's a shame, because Whedon is an amazing storyteller.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

From the little that I just read, it sounded more like Whedon is an asshole rather than some sort of predator. The allegations were things like calling Charisma Carpenter fat rather than molesting actors.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:26 amHint: Remove both high school girls (or those that could pass for them) and sex from his shows and see what's left. It's a shame, because Whedon is an amazing storyteller.
A quick search of his works:
Buffy: There'd be no show, which was about a teenage girl hunting vampires and demons
Angel: There'd be a different show with pretty boys being angsty at each other
Firefly: Unchanged
Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog: Unchanged
Dollhouse: Never saw, can't comment
Agents of Shield: Unchanged
The Nevers: Never saw, can't comment
The Undead: Never saw, can't comment

So far there's no allegations of direct contact or pressure for sex, but stories of him making people uncomfortable with his words. This doesn't seem to be a sexual issue. It's a personality issue.

Charisma Carpenter cites, specifically, a couple of meetings that made her uncomfortable and he demoralized her (and almost nothing else). No sexual abuse, just hurt feelings. She specifically ties in her spirituality into the experience, and I know that's a WILDLY sensitive topic that is often misconstrued every which way, and the spiritual person always seems to feel the incident is far more deeply insulting than other people would. I expect that there's a lot demoralizing meetings that take place in a high-pressure Hollywood environment, and maybe doubly so when you've woven a story a certain way and one of the characters shows up pregnant and you need to unwind and rewind things.

The thing with Trachtenberg is more concerning to me, but also comes with absolutely no details aside from "You know what he did" (unless I can't find them). Given the pattern here, I expect he hurt her feelings and didn't care.

This isn't even in the same class as Harvey Winestein or other sexual predators. This amounts to a dickhead that made people angry or feel uncomfortable. I'm wildly confused about why this is front-page material except that Whedon is a big name.

As someone who's been told I've made people uncomfortable with my own unfiltered thoughts (never sexual, but people have asked -even my wife- "Why would you say that?"), I have trouble throwing him under the bus just yet. I can be a dick, and I know it, and I work to avoid it. It doesn't sound like he does, and people with power rarely feel the need.

Being a dick doesn't go over very well in today's more sensitive world, but was extremely normal back in 2000. Phase him out and move on.
Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I did say shows of his own creation. Agents of Shield had him constrained into an existing IP.

Firefly would lose two main characters, one of which the entire show's plot was built around.
Dollhouse was about young, attractive, brain-washed sex slaves.
The core of Angel's character was that he kept falling in love but couldn't have sex with them, and what happened if he did.

The only ones that would potentially still exist (or be recognizable) would be Dr. Horrible (only one episode), The Nevers, and The Undead (both of which I have never heard of.)

/edit - correction. Neither of which exist yet. The Nevers was an HBO work-in-progress that Whedon left and still hasn't aired, and The Undead has never had an episode aired.

I'll give him Doctor Horrible.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

And sorry if it's an overreaction, but I've always gotten a certain vibe from Whedon's shows, and always felt that there was something a little creepy going on in his head when he wrote them. I love the shows (although I found Dollhouse a bit dull), but still.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:29 amalways felt that there was something a little creepy going on in his head when he wrote them. I love the shows (although I found Dollhouse a bit dull), but still.
I've never gotten that, but I'm a pretty dull knife when it comes to peeling through society's layers and finding hiding meanings.
Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Paingod wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:28 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:29 amalways felt that there was something a little creepy going on in his head when he wrote them. I love the shows (although I found Dollhouse a bit dull), but still.
I've never gotten that, but I'm a pretty dull knife when it comes to peeling through society's layers and finding hiding meanings.
And to be fair, I'm a very... odd judge of character. Since I can't read people, I compensate by analyzing what they do. Sometimes this gives me insights that other people miss, but other times it misses completely.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

When you lay it all out like that, I can see it but until it was presented as such I never would have pieced that together. I just assumed he was an asshole to work with based on other stories that had circulated - demanding, critical, obsessive about details. I never would have thought abusive. I can't imagine the strength it must take to speak out publicly against something like this, but i do think it's good she (and others) did. I know we've all observed how different things were in the 70s and 80s based on how things were depicted in TV and movies. However, I think we also are starting to realize that maybe things were still not great in the 90s and the 00s as well. Not a justification for any of it, but more of a recognition that it's been with us a long time and it's going to take a long time to change what's acceptable and appropriate.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

music related: Lorin Ashton (Bassnectar)

https://www.jambase.com/article/bassnec ... xual-abuse

guess i'll purge my music collection of this creeper
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Might not be the career killer of some of the heavy-hitters like Weinstein and others, but Paul Pierce certainly didn't do himself any good with this...

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5466 ... live-video
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins