Harvey Weinstein (and assorted horrible people)... RIP career.

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Freyland

Re: Harvey Weinstein... RIP career.

Post by Freyland »

Sandler has not really been in the news or cinema lately. Perhaps he just *needs* some attention?
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Freyland wrote:Sandler has not really been in the news or cinema lately. Perhaps he just *needs* some attention?
Think he did some stuff for Netflix
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

"Kneeds"
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Paingod wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:07 pm If this do be true, then he done goofed.

3rd Woman Accuses Bush of groping. Detailed below. Not a "misunderstanding" at all and completely in "dirty old bastard" territory.
I blame his caretakers far more than I blame him. His mind can't be working right.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I'm going to take some schadenfreude in this one.

Andy Dick Fired From Movie Over Sexual Harassment Claims
Andy Dick has been dropped from the independent feature film Raising Buchanan following accusations of sexual harassment and misconduct on set.

The Hollywood Reporter was not able to reach any of the alleged victims, however, two sources detailed Dick’s inappropriate behavior, which included groping people’s genitals, unwanted kissing/licking and sexual propositions of at least four members of the production. It’s unclear if those involved were actors or crew.

Late Monday, THR spoke to Dick, who confirmed he was let go from his small role in the film. Though he vehemently denied groping claims, he said it's possible that he licked people and he confirmed that he did make advances on others.
Dick said he's aware of his reputation. At first, he made light of the situation, joking that "my middle name is ‘misconduct.’ They know what they signed up for." However, he followed up with a denial that he ever groped anyone on set.
He addressed all of the above in the interview even if, he said, groping never occurred. "I didn't grope anybody. I might have kissed somebody on the cheek to say goodbye and then licked them. That's my thing — I licked Carrie Fisher at a roast. It's me being funny. I'm not trying to sexually harass people," he continued.

"I didn't grab anybody's genitals," he said, but he did not deny that he propositioned others. "Of course I'm going to proposition people. I'm single, depressed, lonely and trying to get a date. They can just say no, and they probably did and then I was done."
He ended this most recent chapter by saying that he's learned his lesson. "I won't do it anymore," he said. "I won't lick anyone's face anymore. We have an agreement."
It's almost as if people are the problem.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

He ended this most recent chapter by saying that he's learned his lesson. "I won't do it anymore," he said. "I won't lick anyone's face anymore. We have an agreement."
Well, I'm glad that's settled.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It took 51 years to train him not to lick people.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'm not excusing his behavior, but at this point I would be shocked to hear that Andy Dick HADN'T been inappropriate around another human being.

...I'm beginning to suspect Don Rickles died just in time.
Covfefe!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hepcat wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:32 pm I'm not excusing his behavior, but at this point I would be shocked to hear that Andy Dick HADN'T been inappropriate around another human being.

And that he doesn't have a statue anywhere.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:00 pm
hepcat wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:32 pm I'm not excusing his behavior, but at this point I would be shocked to hear that Andy Dick HADN'T been inappropriate around another human being.

And that he doesn't have a statue anywhere.
Except that one in tgb's back yard.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Brett Ratner, you're next, bitch. Shocking no one.

We're not even close to witch hunt territory. This is the low hanging fruit.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I remember all the hub bub over Olivia Munn's book and it's passage on Ratner (she didn't name him, but it came out later that it was him...and I believe he even copped to it at some point, although I think he denied it happened the way she described it). The part that made all the news was about Ratner masturbating in front of her while eating a plate of shrimp in his trailer.

At the time, people kind of laughed it off...as did Munn in a way as she made jokes about it in her book. But stories about Ratner being a homophobic, misogynistic jackass have been floating around for ages. I'm really surprised it took this long before people actually said, "Hey, this guys is pretty bad too!".
Covfefe!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Olivia Munn said that while visiting the set of the 2004 Ratner-directed “After the Sunset” when she was still an aspiring actress, he masturbated in front of her in his trailer when she went to deliver a meal. Munn wrote about the incident in her 2010 collection of essays without naming Ratner. On a television show a year later, Ratner identified himself as the director, and claimed that he had “banged” her, something he later said was not true.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Without the shrimp, the story just falls apart.
Covfefe!
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

There are certain movies I will see just because of the director. Ratner is one of the few I will actively avoid. I felt this way long before hearing that he was a lying pervert. He's just that bad of a director.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I avoid Ratner and Bruckheimer films because they pander to the lowest common denominator. They want the money and they care very little about the end product as long as it delivers on that. Of course these are just biases of mine and could be argued against. But they make soulless, insincere films in my opinion.

I'm beginning to suspect Ridley Scott wants to join their group, by the way. :ninja:
Covfefe!
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

hepcat wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:49 am Without the shrimp, the story just falls apart.
I could see oysters, but shrimp......
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Add Dustin Hoffman to the list.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

GreenGoo wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:14 pm Add Dustin Hoffman to the list.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Isgrimnur wrote:
Anything I might have done... Whoa there buddy, don't over extend yourself.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

tjg_marantz wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:
In all fairness he probably doesn't remember doing any of that. I'm sure it's etched much deeper in her memory than his.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I dunno, I would certainly remember someone slapping away my butt grab even if it was 1985.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

McNutt wrote:
tjg_marantz wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:
In all fairness he probably doesn't remember doing any of that. I'm sure it's etched much deeper in her memory than his.
I'm thinking you're saying that as an indictment on him but it's so hard to tell on the internet sometimes.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Partly. He seems to act like he was guilty if some sort of offense. Would he remember grabbing her ass? Maybe. Would he remember making crude sexual jokes decades later? Doubtful.

He's not going to admit to things he does not remember doing, so he makes a blanket apology for anything he might have done. I will criticize him for his behavior, but I don't know what you're expecting from his apology.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

McNutt wrote:Partly. He seems to act like he was guilty if some sort of offense. Would he remember grabbing her ass? Maybe. Would he remember making crude sexual jokes decades later? Doubtful.

He's not going to admit to things he does not remember doing, so he makes a blanket apology for anything he might have done. I will criticize him for his behavior, but I don't know what you're expecting from his apology.
It was the in all fairness that bothered me.

You're right that he probably doesn't remember but in all fairness...

But it's all good. :) Not picking a fight just the wording stuck out.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Ah, I see what you mean. I guess I was playing a bit of Devil's Advocate.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

McNutt wrote:Ah, I see what you mean. I guess I was playing a bit of Devil's Advocate.
All good
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Enlarge Image
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Jeremy Piven
CBS has decided not to air a prerecorded interview with Jeremy Piven on Friday's Late Show With Stephen Colbert amid the recent sexual harassment allegations surrounding the actor.

"Jeremy Piven’s interview for Friday’s broadcast was pretaped earlier this week on Monday, Oct. 30. Since we were unable to address recent developments in that interview, we are replacing that segment with a new guest," a spokesperson for The Late Show told The Hollywood Reporter.
On Tuesday, actress Ariane Bellamar alleged on Twitter that Piven groped her on the set of Entourage, the HBO hit for which Piven won three Emmys. CBS responded in a statement saying, "We are aware of the media reports and are looking into the matter."

HBO also issued a statement Tuesday: "Today, via the press reports, is the first we are hearing about Ariane Bellamar’s allegations concerning Jeremy Piven. Everyone at HBO and our productions is aware that zero tolerance for sexual harassment is our policy. Anyone experiencing an unsafe working environment has several avenues for making complaints that we take very seriously."

Piven denied the allegations in a statement to THR on Tuesday, saying, "I unequivocally deny the appalling allegations being peddled about me. It did not happen. It takes a great deal of courage for victims to come forward with their histories, and my hope is that the allegations about me that didn’t happen, do not detract from stories that should be heard."
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm am overjoyed that this stuff is coming to light and being exposed. At the same time, I'm a little bothered by the guilty-when-accused approach. It would be so, so easy these days for someone to end someone's career with a revenge accusation.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Agreed. I applaud that the environment is shifting to a point where women have the ability to state their cases, but we need to avoid the pendulum swinging the other direction. Piven was hocking his new CBS show. Time will tell if the production company or network take any actions like in the vein of Netflix and the HoC production company.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Blackhawk wrote:I'm am overjoyed that this stuff is coming to light and being exposed. At the same time, I'm a little bothered by the guilty-when-accused approach. It would be so, so easy these days for someone to end someone's career with a revenge accusation.
Yes, that is a legitimate concern. There is definitely blood in the water now.
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:07 pm I'm am overjoyed that this stuff is coming to light and being exposed. At the same time, I'm a little bothered by the guilty-when-accused approach. It would be so, so easy these days for someone to end someone's career with a revenge accusation.
It could swing the other way too. People with legitimate stories to tell might eventually be ignored for all practical purposes. A sort of 'me too' fatigue might set in. So far most of the accused have been people with sketchy reputations, what happens when/if someone the public thinks is above reproach gets accused?

I honestly can't even guess what the end game to all this will be. If I had to bet, I'd bet on 'business as usual' only because it seems like that's the one outcome most people tend to be comfortable with. It takes a hell of a lot to trigger a paradigm shift. People in general tend to be too lazy to want to raze it all to the ground and start over.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Tying in nicely with the concerns posted just above Moliere's post, this claimant is "anonymous". Giving Spacey the benefit of the doubt for a moment, there is nothing he can do to defend himself, not even deny it, but shit just got painted on him that will hurt him. Whatever happened to being able to face your accuser?
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Freyland wrote:
Tying in nicely with the concerns posted just above Moliere's post, this claimant is "anonymous". Giving Spacey the benefit of the doubt for a moment, there is nothing he can do to defend himself, not even deny it, but shit just got painted on him that will hurt him. Whatever happened to being able to face your accuser?
Nothing has happened. Everyone will get their day in court.

Women deserve more than the benefit of the doubt. It's not because there may be someone singled out who did nothing that we shouldn't keep listening to all the accusations. That pendulum needs to swing. People in power have far too long abused said power. They're the ones who are potentially fucking its up for innocents accused.

Home of the Akimbo AWPs
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Jeremy Piven is the case that makes me feel very conflicted about this. Many of the guys listed have had a lot of people come out against them. That needs to be heard. But what about Piven's case? An actress says that Piven grabbed her breast years ago in a quick Twitter post and now he's losing interviews and might have a tough road ahead. Is that all it takes now to make a big headline? I'm not saying grabbing a boob is ok. It's not in most circumstances. I've been kissing someone and had a wandering hand pulled down. Is that what happened here? Probably not, but I have no idea. Should having grabbed someone's boob years ago with no real context given carry enough weight to label someone?

The problem is I don't know what the alternative is. I don't want women to feel they have to keep quiet about these things. I also don't like the court of popular opinion running rampant with very little information and we're heading there right now.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Atomic blonde producer

And a favourite Scientologist accused of raping 4 women. Surprising no one, Scientology is protecting fiercely.

Maybe at some point, we'll know the breadth of this behaviour. Until then, keep coming forward truthfully I say. Let them all lose their careers as they get convicted.

I'm just not sure how I managed to make it 42 years without raping someone. I'm Hollywooding wrong I guess.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Rip

Post by Rip »

Freyland wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:46 pm
I've read there are eight accusers.
“A simple democracy is the devil’s own government.”
— Benjamin Rush
--