Harvey Weinstein (and assorted horrible people)... RIP career.

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

Re: Harvey Weinstein... RIP career.

Post by Isgrimnur »

Jag wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:10 pm I knew you couldn't resist digging when I listed the Yacht.
:D

I may be in the wrong line of work, but being a PI doesn't pay as well. :ninja:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Christopher Plummer to Replace Kevin Spacey in 'All The Money In The World'
In a monumental and expensive move, Ridley Scott will remove embattled actor Kevin Spacey from his finished thriller All the Money in the World just weeks before the film's release.

Christopher Plummer will now play J. Paul Getty in the story about the infamous 1973 kidnapping of his grandson, 16-year-old John Paul Getty III.

The movie, which was pulled as the closing night screening of AFI Fest at Scott's insistence, is scheduled to hit theaters on Dec. 22 via Sony's Tristar. As of now, the release date remains unchanged despite the re-shoots but insiders say that if anyone can pull off re-shoots and still make the holiday release date, it's Scott.

Scott made the decision unilaterally and only notified Sony of his decision late Wednesday afternoon, according to sources familiar with the situation, adding that Plummer was originally the first choice for the role, but top studio executives wanted a bigger name.
trailer
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Damn. I hope Spacey already cashed the check.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

My final audition for a Steven Segal movie took place in his office. He told me how important it was to have chemistry off-screen as he sat me down and unzipped his leather pants. I️ ran out and called my agent. Unfazed, she replied, “well, I didn’t know if he was your type.”

Yeah, we're no where close to witch hunt. Keep them coming.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

That reminds me of Carrie Fisher joking that she wasn't sure who she slept with to get the gig as Princess Leia.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

tjg_marantz wrote:My final audition for a Steven Segal movie took place in his office. He told me how important it was to have chemistry off-screen as he sat me down and unzipped his leather pants. I️ ran out and called my agent. Unfazed, she replied, “well, I didn’t know if he was your type.”

Yeah, we're no where close to witch hunt. Keep them coming.
I don't think anyone was classifying going after Segal and his history of awful stuff as the witch hunt.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Wasn't saying that. Just saying that anyone worried about a witch hunt can relax. Plenty of awful people still to go.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Just because there are awful people still out there doesn't mean a witch hunt mentality can't sweep less-than-awful people up into the frenzy.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Just to be clear, I'm not as worried about a frenzy now. The fury seems to be focused more on the big guys who look pretty damn bad.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Now Louis fricking CK is busted. That one really hurts, he was one of my favorites. Bummer!
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Surprised it took so long for him. There's been talk about him for years.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

ImLawBoy wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:30 pm Surprised it took so long for him. There's been talk about him for years.
This. Though while this mirrors some of the earlier accusations about C.K., it seems like some of those accusations were made and then retracted over the years, so I'm a little surprised to see it made again in such depth now.
Hodor.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I had recently heard some pretty bad accusations of him. He had always used jokes about him doing nothing but masturbating. I didn't realize he was often doing it in front of women who didn't want to be there.
Last edited by McNutt on Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Damn, that's really terrible. I didn't want to believe it, but with more than a few official stories now it seems like it would be pretty hard to deny.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

According to the Enquirer (I know), one of the names Corey Feldman was holding onto was Charlie Sheen. Corey Haim told Feldman that Sheen sodomized Haim on the set of Lucas when Haim and Sheen were 14 and 19 respectively.

I believe this is from an interview one of Haim's friends had with the Enquirer.
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

Under different circumstances I'd find it hilarious that Louis C.K. hired a publicist named Lewis Kay.

I think part of that story points out one of the real problems with this type of abuse. The one woman who said she 'went along with his request' felt she needed anonymity. I'm sure there are many victims of all the perpetrators listed who 'went along', however far that may have meant, yet still feel they can't come forward. There's too much shame in even obvious abuses of power. We'll never know the extent of the crimes if only the people who were disgusted, ran away, fought back or were assaulted or raped come forward.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Gordon, who won an Emmy for her writing on the AMC series, alleges that while working together late one night on Mad Men, Weiner told her that she owed it to him to let him see her naked. A year later, she was let go from the critically acclaimed drama — and hasn’t worked in the industry since. 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/li ... nt-1056825
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Holman

Post by Holman »

It looks like Louis CK's movie is being shelved just days before release. Apparently the movie was basically tailored to make him look like a super-nice guy whose hang-ups hurt only him.

If the allegations are true, there's poetic justice in seeing him toppled just when he was set to capitalize on looking like a mensch. This is clearly a case of a career that (again, if the allegations are true etc) deserves the damage it's getting.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I wonder if people like CK and Spacey will ever recover from this. Maybe not with CK because comedy seems harder to reestablish yourself for some reason. Spacey will certainly have some time off though. But if Roman Polanski can make movies again than so can Spacey.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

He's proven himself a fearless commentator on his own weaknesses in his stand up acts. He should build an act around it that tries to meaningfully address what he did, why he did it and his attempts to understand all of it. I think just disappearing from view does nothing. But some soul searching could help others.
Covfefe!
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

My wife and I have spent more than one afternoon doing our individual things on the computers while a Louis C.K. show plays in the background. He's brilliant most of the time, but there are some lines that are a little uncomfortable to hear him go over. More conservative people would almost certainly find a significant amount of his stuff offensive.

It hurts because his comedy was something my wife and I shared. Losing that sucks.

He regularly made fun of masturbation and him specifically masturbating. Yet another aspect of his show that was taken from his real life I guess, but without the criminal aspect.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Louis C.K. Issues Statement Re Sexual Harassment Allegations: ‘There Is Nothing About This That I Forgive Myself For’
deadline.com wrote:Here is Louis C.K’s response in full to yesterday’s New York Times piece in which five women excused him of sexual misconduct throughout his career:
These stories are true. At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my dick without asking first, which is also true. But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your dick isn’t a question. It’s a predicament for them. The power I had over these women is that they admired me. And I wielded that power irresponsibly.

I have been remorseful of my actions. And I’ve tried to learn from them. And run from them. Now I’m aware of the extent of the impact of my actions. I learned yesterday the extent to which I left these women who admired me feeling badly about themselves and cautious around other men who would never have put them in that position.

I also took advantage of the fact that I was widely admired in my and their community, which disabled them from sharing their story and brought hardship to them when they tried because people who look up to me didn’t want to hear it. I didn’t think that I was doing any of that because my position allowed me not to think about it.

There is nothing about this that I forgive myself for. And I have to reconcile it with who I am. Which is nothing compared to the task I left them with.

I wish I had reacted to their admiration of me by being a good example to them as a man and given them some guidance as a comedian, including because I admired their work.

The hardest regret to live with is what you’ve done to hurt someone else. And I can hardly wrap my head around the scope of hurt I brought on them. I’d be remiss to exclude the hurt that I’ve brought on people who I work with and have worked with who’s professional and personal lives have been impacted by all of this, including projects currently in production: the cast and crew of Better Things, Baskets, The Cops, One Mississippi, and I Love You Daddy. I deeply regret that this has brought negative attention to my manager Dave Becky who only tried to mediate a situation that I caused. I’ve brought anguish and hardship to the people at FX who have given me so much The Orchard who took a chance on my movie. and every other entity that has bet on me through the years.

I’ve brought pain to my family, my friends, my children and their mother.

I have spent my long and lucky career talking and saying anything I want. I will now step back and take a long time to listen.

Thank you for reading.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Well, he gets credit for an actual apology and meaningful statement. There's a chance he won't completely disappear.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

If he wants to salvage his career, that apology is a good start. Miles better than the typical, "I don't remember these things specifically, but if I ever did anything like that, I was probably drunk, and I regret that I might have offended anybody. P.S. I'm living my life as a gay man, so please give me props for that."
That's my purse! I don't know you!
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

I wonder if any of our friends on this board will come to Rattners defence? After all, not convicted of anything I don't think.

Home of the Akimbo AWPs
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

That’s about as good of an apology as you could expect. I’ve read somewhere that he had called the individual women to personally apologize. I’m not sure if those phone calls were after the story was published, or before.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

It's weird to see things so widespread. Ellen's story if a director fondling her leg under a table when she was underage was just creepy. It makes me want to go home and give my daughter a hug.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Anthony Edwards has a post on medium about being molested by I think an agent. I've lost the article now but yeah. Thats another wave incoming.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I would NEVER want my kids in show business. It rarely ends well.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

McNutt wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:38 pm It's weird to see things so widespread. Ellen's story if a director fondling her leg under a table when she was underage was just creepy. It makes me want to go home and give my daughter a hug.
It's beyond creepy. I don't even know what to call it. I got that far in her post and that was enough for me.
Combustible Lemur

Post by Combustible Lemur »

LordMortis wrote:
McNutt wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:38 pm It's weird to see things so widespread. Ellen's story if a director fondling her leg under a table when she was underage was just creepy. It makes me want to go home and give my daughter a hug.
It's beyond creepy. I don't even know what to call it. I got that far in her post and that was enough for me.
Why is it weird? Just because it's been made public? There has been clear documentation for decades. Something like 25 % of all women have been harassed the numbers are higher in the military, service, and construction industries, wall street. What's weird to me is that anyone is shocked at all.

It's terrible but this is why people who talk about the good old days are full of shit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Is Scott home? thump thump thump Crash ......No.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:50 pm Well, he gets credit for an actual apology and meaningful statement. There's a chance he won't completely disappear.
Maybe.

His stuff is already disappearing from various on demand services.

I'm not sure I want him back.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:38 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:50 pm Well, he gets credit for an actual apology and meaningful statement. There's a chance he won't completely disappear.
Maybe.

His stuff is already disappearing from various on demand services.

I'm not sure I want him back.
True, he's likely done for in terms of major mainstream outlets (e.g. HBO, FX, Netflix etc). However, Forbes once labelled him the King of Direct-to-Consumer Sales. As long as he remains funny, I suspect he'll likely be able to continue with his direct sales approach.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

And now George Takei. Damn.
Brunton says he was living in Hollywood in 1981, working as a waiter and beginning a career as a commercial actor and model when he met a 43- or 44-year-old Takei one evening at Greg's Blue Dot bar. The men exchanged numbers and would call one another from time to time as well as run into each other at clubs, Brunton says. When Brunton broke up with his then-boyfriend, he spoke with Takei. "He said, 'Let me know what your new number is' and I did. And not long after we broke up and I moved out, George called me," Brunton recalls.

Takei, as Brunton tells it, invited him to dinner and the theater. "He was very good at consoling me and understanding that I was upset and still in love with my boyfriend," Brunton says. "He was a great ear. He was very good about me spilling my heart on my sleeve."

The two men went back to the actor's condo for a drink the same night. "We have the drink and he asks if I would like another," Brunton recalls. "And I said sure. So, I have the second one, and then all of a sudden, I begin feeling very disoriented and dizzy, and I thought I was going to pass out. I said I need to sit down and he said sit over here and he had the giant yellow beanbag chair. So I sat down in that and leaned my head back and I must have passed out."

"The next thing I remember I was coming to and he had my pants down around my ankles and he was groping my crotch and trying to get my underwear off and feeling me up at the same time, trying to get his hands down my underwear," Brunton says. "I came to and said, 'What are you doing?!' I said, 'I don't want to do this.' He goes, 'You need to relax. I am just trying to make you comfortable. Get comfortable.' And I said, 'No. I don't want to do this.' And I pushed him off and he said, 'OK, fine.' And I said I am going to go and he said, 'If you feel you must. You're in no condition to drive.' I said, 'I don't care I want to go.' So I managed to get my pants up and compose myself and I was just shocked. I walked out and went to my car until I felt well enough to drive home, and that was that."
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Oh my
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Wow. That's a pretty serious accusation.

I always liked Takei, but I was really disappointed in him when I found out he gave a guy a handjob live on the Howard Stern show. I never thought he'd do something that trashy. I still liked him, but damn, George.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

https://www.thewrap.com/david-guillod-r ... ica-barth/

TheWrap spoke to the two women who made the 2015 accusation, but the former assistant from 2014 did not respond to numerous requests for comment. She received a $60,000 settlement and signed a nondisclosure agreement to leave the company soon after the retreat, according to multiple individuals familiar with the situation.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Have another while you're at it.

19 sources came forward to talk to me of alleged sexual harassment and inappropriate physical contact from CW showrunner Andrew Kreisberg (of #TheFlash, Supergirl, etc). He has been suspended.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/warner- ... 12522/amp/
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

tjg_marantz wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:53 pmOh my
Okay, I laughed.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

A good friend of mine from high school works in Hollywood as an assistant director, art director, and producer. We were chatting on FB the other day and I asked her if the harassment and abuse is really as prevalent as it seems, or if we're just seeing a few really bad apples getting exposed.

Her response was that what's come out so far is just the tip of the iceberg. She basically said that if the floodgates truly open on this stuff, there won't be anyone left working in Hollywood. It really is that bad. :shock:
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.