Fundraising for 2019/2020: 12 Months Renewed - We are good until October 2020. Paypal Donation Link Here

Harvey Weinstein (and assorted horrible people)... RIP career.

Everything else!

Moderators: EvilHomer3k, Bakhtosh

Hyena

Re: Harvey Weinstein (and assorted horrible people)... RIP career.

Post by Hyena »

I'm gonna guess that's not the only thing he has "caught" in prison.
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Hey remember when we posted things in this awful news thread? Well, I figured Danny Masterson now belongs here:
Actor Danny Masterson, known for his roles in “That ’70s Show” and “The Ranch,” has been charged with forcibly raping three women in separate incidents in his Hollywood Hills home, Los Angeles County District Attorney’s officials announced Wednesday.

The incidents occurred between 2001 and 2003, officials allege.

Masterson allegedly raped a 23-year-old woman between January and December 2001, according to a criminal complaint against him.

He is also accused of raping a 28-year-old woman in April 2003. Sometime between October and December of that year, he allegedly raped a 23-year-old woman who he invited to his home.

Masterson faces a maximum sentence of 45 years to life in prison if convicted as charged.

Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Masterson allegedly raped a 23-year-old woman between January and December 2001,
Why not just say during 2001? And did the woman not remember any better than that?

Isgrimnur
Loading…

Re: Harvey Weinstein... RIP career.

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:17 pm
Danny Masterson
Last week, The Daily Beast published a statement from Chrissie Carnell Bixler, one of at least four women who is accusing the actor Danny Masterson of rape.

Bixler, 39, alleges that when she reported her rape to officials at the Church of Scientology, which at the time counted her and Masterson as members, she was “made to feel like I didn’t matter,” and was told that she couldn’t have been raped by a man she was in a relationship with.
:coffee:

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

That's a long time between updates.

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

“Obviously, Mr. Masterson and his wife are in complete shock considering that these nearly 20-year old allegations are suddenly resulting in charges being filed, but they and their family are comforted knowing that ultimately the truth will come out,”
Masterson may very well be innocent but emphasizing that allegations are nearly 20 years old, when they were being pursued in 2017 with us having no access to information of what has happening before hand, makes one of those allegations less than 15 years old at the time the process got rolling. So now with no access to what happened in those intervening 15 years, I have reason to doubt the defense.

Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

Chris D'Elia is currently in his own little imbroglio as well. Apparently, he's been creeping on underage fans and trying to get with them. There's a great video out there where he learns that people screenshot Snapchats and he has a total "OH SHIT" look on his face that's priceless.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!

hepcat
Loading…

Post by hepcat »

If you don't know how social media works, be careful what you do.

Scratch that...don't do bad shit. Period.
I beat a camel to death with a monkey. Can I do that?
-Mr Bismarck

You have to whack a few rabbits before you are ready to punch a camel.
-Coopasonic

Paingod

Post by Paingod »

The swallow at the end was him trying to push down the vomit from suddenly realizing just how deep the shit was going to get.
More than ever, now is the time to stand by the causes you believe in; donate and support to keep America great.
Reproductive Rights, Environmental Defense, Civil Liberties, LGBTQ Awareness, Immigration Rights
Currently playing: Lotsa' Switch - Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Underaged *boy* fans, no less, if that video is indicative.
I don't remember where I read this, Cort, maybe it was in the last patch notes, but they said the UAZ really handles the best when... the wheels are actually touching the ground.
--RedF1ve

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Ron Jeremy (who's 67 now!) has been charged with 3 counts of rape and one count of sexual assault (the details are a bit more specific than that). Can get up to 90 years in prison for the works.
Hodor.

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Did I miss something? What's with all these new revaluations? To be clear, I'm not saying it's a problem it just seems like everything kinda died down for a bit but in the last few days it feels like there's quite a few - and from all different industries, including PC gaming by way of Chris Avellone.
Studios working with Chris Avellone have issued statements addressing their relationship with the prominent games writer and designer, following allegations of sexual harassment posted on social media over the weekend.
EDIT: Here's the Ron Jeremy story via Rolling Stone.

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Freyland wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:49 pm
Underaged *boy* fans, no less, if that video is indicative.
Editing to point out that a Google review seems to be focused on girls. Bad either way, just clarifying my initial impression from the video.
I don't remember where I read this, Cort, maybe it was in the last patch notes, but they said the UAZ really handles the best when... the wheels are actually touching the ground.
--RedF1ve

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator
Loading…

Post by LawBeefaroni »

pr0ner wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:54 pm
Ron Jeremy (who's 67 now!) has been charged with 3 counts of rape and one count of sexual assault (the details are a bit more specific than that). Can get up to 90 years in prison for the works.

If he's 67 now, he'd have been raping throughout his 60's and 66 for the most recent incident.

WTF.

Prosecutors allege Jeremy forcibly raped a 25-year-old woman at a home in West Hollywood in May 2014. Jeremy allegedly sexually assaulted two women, ages 33 and 46, on separate occasions at a West Hollywood bar in 2017. He is also accused of forcibly raping a 30-year-old woman at the same bar in July 2019. The D.A.’s office noted it investigated another incident involving Jeremy from 2016 but declined the case due to insufficient evidence.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

For those accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Great news - it appears Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein's sometime lover, herself a sexual predator and his enabler/pimp has been arrested. This will be interesting as she knows all the secrets:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/us/ghisl ... index.html
Last edited by Grifman on Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton

em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Grifman wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:53 am
Great news - it appears Ghillaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein's sometime lover, herself a sexual predator and his enabler/pimp has been arrested. This will be interesting as she knows all the secrets:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/us/ghisl ... index.html
Prediction: I'm sure nobody would ever try to get her to bear false witness. :think:
Waiting for the tide to bring me a sail.

KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

I will be talking to the city’s education department this week about a high school coach. Learned of another friend who said the coach sexually molested them. This makes two different graduating classes, two different generations I am aware of. I can not keep quiet on this matter because too many have. The coach is still employed at the high school. I need to be another voice against this person. Eventually those who can bring a case will come forward.
I will not be telling the names of the men (then boys) but rather giving information (most likely) adding to other reports of questionable behavior. Because the abuse has been going on for years, factuality has to be aware to some degree.

Thank you OO for being a place I can park this while I try to sleep. No one to talk to at this hour (worked till 1AM).
"Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding!" - Betty White

Holman

Post by Holman »

KKBlue wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:44 am
I will be talking to the city’s education department this week about a high school coach. Learned of another friend who said the coach sexually molested them. This makes two different graduating classes, two different generations I am aware of. I can not keep quiet on this matter because too many have. The coach is still employed at the high school. I need to be another voice against this person. Eventually those who can bring a case will come forward.
I will not be telling the names of the men (then boys) but rather giving information (most likely) adding to other reports of questionable behavior. Because the abuse has been going on for years, factuality has to be aware to some degree.

Thank you OO for being a place I can park this while I try to sleep. No one to talk to at this hour (worked till 1AM).
Good luck to you. You're doing something brave.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

KKBlue wrote:I will be talking to the city’s education department this week about a high school coach. Learned of another friend who said the coach sexually molested them. This makes two different graduating classes, two different generations I am aware of. I can not keep quiet on this matter because too many have. The coach is still employed at the high school. I need to be another voice against this person. Eventually those who can bring a case will come forward.

Kudos for your bravery. You're doing the right thing, just continue to have confidence in that.
There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Zenn7
Loading…

Post by Zenn7 »

KKBlue wrote:

Good luck and stay strong.

You might want to start a separate thread for this so your story doesn't get lost in this general thread, as I suspect many would like to offer support and encouragement as this goes on (doesn't seem like the sort of thing where you say your thing and move on).

KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

“Thank you” seems very small to offer back OOers. I needed a place to start figuring out the next moves, thank YOU for the opportunity. Please know I appreciate your words of encouragement and wish all of us “extra” too when standing up. XO

I made some phone calls and have an afternoon talk on Monday scheduled with a friend who is an educator. Hoping she will be able to offer council with where I should go, what department or building to give the matter more attention.

Zenn7 :-) I like this addition here to mix in with the more popular accounts, reports, allegations. Originally thought about starting a new thread but after getting caught up with reading, seemed like a good place to interject. Super appreciate the love and support but am going to try hard not let this consume me. Being able to separate is important for many reasons. (advice from a phone call who has dealt with family sexual abuse) When I have an outcome or something I feel maybe helpful for others, I will share. XO
"Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding!" - Betty White

gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Zenn7 wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:51 pm
KKBlue wrote:

Good luck and stay strong.

You might want to start a separate thread for this so your story doesn't get lost in this general thread, as I suspect many would like to offer support and encouragement as this goes on (doesn't seem like the sort of thing where you say your thing and move on).
For sure.

Isgrimnur
Loading…

Post by Isgrimnur »

Endgadget
The company has announced (via Kotaku) that Chief Creative Officer Serge Hascoët has resigned immediately after Libération claims he enabled misconduct by other executives, including Tommy François. The publisher’s Managing Director for Canadian studios, Yannis Mallat, has also left immediately after multiple allegations against employees in the country made it “impossible for him to continue” in the role.

Global human resources head Cécile Cornet is also leaving, although Ubisoft stressed that she made that choice “in the best interest of the Company’s unity.” Her exit comes alongside “restructuring and strengthening” HR to adapt to the new realities of the business.

CEO and co-founder Yves Guillemot reiterated that the moves were vital to put an end to “toxic behaviors” and help Ubisoft “improve and strengthen” its culture. He maintained that the misconduct was in stark opposition to values that he “never compromised — and never will.”

These additional departures come just days after a slew of allegations surfaced against numerous employees across Ubisoft’s offices. The accusations ranged from sexual harassment and intimidation through to abuse, racism and retaliation. Some of the accusers added that HR and management would disregard complaints, making it possible for staff to continue misconduct.