Downloading Prime music to your phone

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

McNutt

Downloading Prime music to your phone

Post by McNutt »

I use Amazon's music subscription and have a ton of albums in my library with most being through the subscription and a couple hundred that I own outright. You can download your music to a phone for offline music and it rocks. However, I just got a new phone and I do not see a way to download my entire library again other than doing it artist by artist.

Has anyone done this?
Pyperkub

Re: Downloading Prime music to your phone

Post by Pyperkub »

My library is too big to fit on a phone, so I can't help there, but you can download songs/playlists as well - maybe make a playlist with all your songs and download that?
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

That's a good idea. I could add an artist to a Playlist just by clicking on the +. That will save a lot of clicks. Thanks.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

I'd love to hear a way to upload a playlist from your phone (or desktop). Is it possible, or must you create them in the relevant Amazon app?
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

The Meal wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:57 pm I'd love to hear a way to upload a playlist from your phone (or desktop). Is it possible, or must you create them in the relevant Amazon app?
The windows Amazon music app lets you do this, but they only give you limited space (250 songs acquired from places other than Amazon Autorip). Unless you're like me, and pay $25/year for an additional 250k songs upload. Dunno if it can be done from mobile, but ~$2/month is worth it for me, even if I keep all the music on my synology as well.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Ah, I only have my playlists on my Apple box. I am paying for the Amazon music service (including the 250k track storage), but find that without playlists it doesn't get all that much use.

At your link, I don't see anything about playlists, however. I only explicitly see raw music — which can be uploaded, but is an extremely tedious process. Roughly 9,000 of my tracks (of 13,000 total) come from Amazon purchases, which does make it a bit more bearable, but far far far from an enjoyable process.

[edit:] I've see some creative measures that folks have taken to turn a folder of music into a playlist, but that's way beyond the amount of effort I'm willing to put forth.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra