Better Make Up Another Bed In Hell

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

tgb

Better Make Up Another Bed In Hell

Post by tgb »

I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
em2nought

Re: Better Make Up Another Bed In Hell

Post by em2nought »

Oops, I guess a comment on Veteran care might be too political. I blame both sides there though so... Meanwhile this douche gets treatment.
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

He got a room, bed, tv, friends, food...all these years while others go hungry and homeless.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Holman

Post by Holman »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:57 pm He got a room, bed, tv, friends, food...all these years while others go hungry and homeless.
It's strange that people don't voluntarily sign up for that sweet, sweet deal.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Holman wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:19 pm
Daehawk wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:57 pm He got a room, bed, tv, friends, food...all these years while others go hungry and homeless.
Don't forget the free medical care.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

There are more than enough resources to care for every homeless person and veteran in need. Even if there weren't, the state shouldn't be executing people in an era when dangerous criminals can be effectively secluded.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
DOS=HIGH

Post by DOS=HIGH »

tgb wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:24 pm
And college education, even after you get out of the hoosegow for some.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

tgb wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:24 pmDon't forget the free medical care.
Man commits crime to get surgery https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/ ... 83181.html
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

And you can qualify for free electricity if you’re lucky!
Covfefe!
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

DOS=HIGH wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:33 pm
Where do you see that? At least in CA, education services have been severely curtailed even to the GED level, much less college. Which to me seems crazy - if there's anything that helps prevent recidivism, it's education.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Yeah, cutting off inmates from education is a pretty bad way of making sure they don't come back.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Home of the Akimbo AWPs
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

I am basically against the death penalty unless you can prove beyond 100% that you have the guilty party. Whether that takes a confession or it being done in front of 100 people or on video I am not sure.

Manson no doubt ordered killings and planned others, but I don't think he was the perfect candidate for the death penalty.

Regardless, I am glad he is no longer among us.
Black Lives Matter
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

I'm glad for it. It means we're doing something right. Not the part about others going without, that's how we know our work isn't done. I mean the part about a prisoner getting enough of their basic needs met that they can live for decades behind bars, basically only dying due to advancing age.

I read another article that talked about how the Navy is getting new submarines that cost 8 billion dollars apiece, but they're going to do their best to bring that down to 7 billion dollars each cause they don't want to spend too much now do they?

We have the money to pay for things, it's just that we don't all agree on what should be paid for. If we are going to lock people up, we should do it while providing more than just a dirt floor, and bread and water. Many of the people getting sent to jails and prisons will be getting out one day. Is it in our interests to see to it people have the most brutal existence in prison, knowing that we will be seeing these people again in public later?

As far as Manson himself, I'm old enough to remember a time where he was synonymous with pure evil. "Manson" was like shorthand for the worst kind of human you can think of short of Hitler. Yet our modern world is so different that he went from being an upper echelon Demon to not even being a low end haunt. It boggles my mind to think if I could go back in time and talk to me as a kid and say "Dude, you think Manson was responsible for some crazy shiat? You ain't seen nothing yet" that long ago version of me wouldn't be able to conceive of the normalcy of the nutty stuff going on now. I mean, it's not like Manson ever ate any of his victims.
DOS=HIGH

Post by DOS=HIGH »

gbasden wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:59 pm
Where do you see that? At least in CA, education services have been severely curtailed even to the GED level, much less college. Which to me seems crazy - if there's anything that helps prevent recidivism, it's education.
I worked with someone in Arizona last year that gets free education at Arizona State due to a felony, aggravated assault I believe. He's a good, relatively smart guy that had a bad drug addiction which made him an asshole at times. He needed to test sober for a year before he qualified for the benefit and is still randomly tested.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I dont agree that people like petty thieves and drug users should be tossed into a place with rapists and murderers. Their crimes do not equal those and with help and education they can be reformed. Unfortunately in the US the penal system is a privately run money maker and the more people incarcerated the more money the owners make.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

DOS=HIGH wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:25 pm
gbasden wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:59 pm
I worked with someone in Arizona last year that gets free education at Arizona State due to a felony, aggravated assault I believe. He's a good, relatively smart guy that had a bad drug addiction which made him an asshole at times. He needed to test sober for a year before he qualified for the benefit and is still randomly tested.
Difficult to believe he gets a state-funded education due to committing the felony. I would be more inclined to believe that it's some kind of incidental result, like gaining residency due to incarceration or something like that. Or maybe a private financial aid/scholarship program.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT