Thanks to people who care

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Thanks to people who care

Post by Daehawk »

Thread title is a bit off but saying it as I wished would not fit.

I would personally like to thank anyone who has ever helped anyone for any reason. Doesn't have to be an annual thing like a holiday help. Just if you have ever simply helped another human being then thank you from me. You are a good person. Our local Ruritan found out about us when we had no water and today they came by with two boxes of food for us to be sure we had something for Thanksgiving. Just out of the blue. I was not expecting it. Actually was kind of feeling the 'omg I dont deserve this' as usual thing for me. I had made a homemade banana pudding today so I gave them a bowl each of that. I sometimes feel like I need to do something when something is done for me...silly ya. Wife is really sick today and them coming by was just so great actually. Such a kind group. To them I thank you from us both.

But to anyone who has helped someone thanks again. Small or large Im sure the person who received the help was very thankful and perhaps embarrassed. If they forgot to say thanks then know they were and I thank you for them. OO is a group of very caring and smart people and Im sure there are many more than I can even think of on here that have helped others.

In keeping with this post Ill link this story of a good deed. A homeless guy gave a stranded girl his only $20 to get her gas to see her safely to her destination. She has now raised $63,000 for him in return. Remarkable.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/woman-rais ... s-last-20/
https://www.gofundme.com/hvv4r-paying-it-forward
Enlarge Image

Not saying to donate just simply posting a good deed.

Lastly to those who are sick or in need or know someone like this then I hope and pray you get the help and love you need in your trying time. No one should be of want at any time holiday or not. And to MHS, bless you. You're kind, you're smart,you're beautiful inside and out, you're patient, and you seem to have a loving family. May God, good thoughts, love, and any redhead loving fairy Godmother find their way to you and see you well quick and easily as possible.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Brian

Cant leave without again a huge thank you and a blush to those who gave on here to help us with our water. Bless you all so so much!
Last edited by Daehawk on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
MHS

Re: Thanks to people who care

Post by MHS »

Happy Thanksgiving Daehawk! That's a great story you linked, thanks for sharing. The world really is full of goodness.

I have a lot more to be thankful for than many, including a wonderful family and someone willing to get cut open to give me a life saving organ. What more could anyone want?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Black Lives Matter. No human is illegal. Women's rights are human rights. Love is love. Science is real. Kindness is everything.
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

very kind of you Daehawk

Happy Thanksgiving.

I'm working, but my wife and son understands this is what I like to do around the holidays. I really enjoy going in to see my patients and helping take care of them this time of the year.

No matter how awful our fellow man can be to each other, people are generally good.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

gf.me/u/zhnmhs
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

When I lived in New Orleans I had a job in Baton Rouge one day and my car broke down half way there. I had to hitchhike back. This old man gave me a ride the 50 miles back to my house and loaned me $100 to boot to get my car repaired.
That was 40 years ago and to this day I am still thankful and amazed at this old man.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Wow that's weird. Great minds, I guess! :D
Maybe next year, maybe no go
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Wowzers, the GoFundMe campaign in the first post is up to almost $200k now! Made the national news this morning. :D
-mf
stessier

Post by stessier »

Up to $290k now. Hope the guy is able to get back on his feet.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

stessier wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:42 am Up to $290k now. Hope the guy is able to get back on his feet.
Me too. It's not always about the money though.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

$307k
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

LawBeefaroni wrote:
stessier wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:42 am Up to $290k now. Hope the guy is able to get back on his feet.
Me too. It's not always about the money though.
This. While the intent is obviously in the right place, it’s shameful that so many vets end up like this due to poor post- service healthcare (or not enough).
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

$360k . He was on tv. they asked him if he was going to buy a house and he seemed really shy about it all. Stated he would get a home didn't have to be a house. He wants to share it with others and help a lot of other people. Seemed very humble about it all. He actually told them to take the GoFundmMe down and when they did for 12 minutes they got a lot of hate and angry people saying they wanted to donate and to put it back up so they had to.

I think the guy just wants to have a place to live and get by while helping others. He said he didn't expect anything for that $20./ Someone gave it to him and he was just passing it on.