Sling TV etc

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

dbt1949

Sling TV etc

Post by dbt1949 »

I don't understand how this works exactly. I reccon you need to hook your computer up to the TV to watch the shows.
They say "streaming" these programs. I think I understand "streaming" as I've watch shows on Amazon Prime and Netflix, but how does this work on watching regular TV shows? Or are they delayed and your watching shows that are over and being reshown again?

Thanks!
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Ralph-Wiggum

Re: Sling TV etc

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

You can use your computer or a Roku or other streaming device. Sling shows live tv, but because it’s over the Internet it’s usually a minute or two behind the same program that someone is watching over cable. So, say you turn on CNN or ESPN on your Sling, it’ll be exactly the same programming that’s on nationally.
Black Lives Matter
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Sling TV basically lets you have the basic cable channels without the cable (or the TV). You can connect it to a TV with an appropriate TV box (like Roku, etc.) hooked up to Internet. WITH exception of local channels (apparently there may be extra fees involved, depending on availability in your local market).

https://www.cnet.com/news/sling-tv-ever ... d-to-know/
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Aren't Sling, Vue and the new Hulu service basically offering the same thing only with package and price differences? From what I have seen Vue looks like the better deal.
Black Lives Matter
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

You mean PlayStation Vue? Yeah.

Hulu had a live TV option, so yes, it's similar to Sling TV and PS Vue.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Youtube TV is another really good option. Of course you probably won't be able to watch it via Amazon Fire TV.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I rarely have the cause or desire to watch TV on my phone, but it pisses me off when I pay for something and still can't.

Apparently, Sling will not deliver live NFL games to mobile devices. :x
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Blame Verizon.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Not during the 2018 playoffs (and beyond). Everything's unleashed again.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The Meal wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:56 pm Not during the 2018 playoffs (and beyond). Everything's unleashed again.
CBS Sports, 21h ago
For $500 million per year, Verizon will be getting a major upgrade over their prior deal, which only allowed them to stream to cell phones or any device that had a screen under seven inches in size.

With the new deal, Verizon will now be able to stream games to nearly any device, including cell phones, computers, tablets and even over-the-top devices like Amazon's Firestick or Google's Chromecast.
In the previous contract, if you wanted to live stream an in-market NFL game on your phone, you could only do that if Verizon was your cell phone provider. Now, it will be open to anyone with a streaming device. Although Verizon is now allowed to stream in-market games, DirecTV is still the sole provider for out-of-market games.
Basically, anyone with a phone will now be able to watch in-market NFL games, along with playoff games and the Super bowl.
It's almost as if people are the problem.