Star Wars: The Last Jedi (SPOILERS)

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

hepcat

Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (SPOILERS)

Post by hepcat »

That son of a ...

I hope he suffered.

edit: I've decided the official name of that crap is "Gilk".

He won. Period.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:50 am Luke was able to physically interact on Crait via his force apparition - he handed Leia Han's old Falcon dice. I gather that the strain of creating a physical apparition across star systems takes such a phenomenal amount of, um, force power (midichlorians?) that it basically drained Luke's life force in the process.
That's it exactly. And by that point, having been isolated for so long, he'd finally come to peace with his role in the galaxy. He'd suffered some trauma that changed him. It was Rey who convinced him that he'd need to do something. So, when our heroes were in danger, he sacrificed himself so that they could survive the battle. Similar to how Obi-Wan let Vader strike him down. They both knew their role had come to a play, and both knew it was their time.

Btw, for all the talk about the dice, I don't even remember them from the OT.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

hepcat wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:46 pm That son of a ...

I hope he suffered.

Hey, man, you should try Island Cow Milk (or "Gilk") before you keep knocking it.
Black Lives Matter.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Rumpy wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:12 pm
El Guapo wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:50 am Luke was able to physically interact on Crait via his force apparition - he handed Leia Han's old Falcon dice. I gather that the strain of creating a physical apparition across star systems takes such a phenomenal amount of, um, force power (midichlorians?) that it basically drained Luke's life force in the process.
That's it exactly. And by that point, having been isolated for so long, he'd finally come to peace with his role in the galaxy. He'd suffered some trauma that changed him. It was Rey who convinced him that he'd need to do something. So, when our heroes were in danger, he sacrificed himself so that they could survive the battle. Similar to how Obi-Wan let Vader strike him down. They both knew their role had come to a play, and both knew it was their time.

Btw, for all the talk about the dice, I don't even remember them from the OT.
I dont remember the dice either, but I wonder if it was just a setup for the Solo movie...
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

The dice were really more like just an Easter egg in A New Hope. You can see Chewie hit his head on them when they're first getting into the Falcon to leave Mos Eisley.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I don't have time to go looking, but aren't the dice in the Falcon a callback to something in American Graffiti?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I don't remember the scene where Luke hands Leia the dice, but I'm not doubting it happened.
So I realize that this force projection thing is pretty powerful as Yoda can do crazy shit even as a ghost. But how in the hell does Luke transport dice across the galaxy when he's sitting on a rock somewhere else?
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

McNutt wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:23 am I don't remember the scene where Luke hands Leia the dice, but I'm not doubting it happened.
So I realize that this force projection thing is pretty powerful as Yoda can do crazy shit even as a ghost. But how in the hell does Luke transport dice across the galaxy when he's sitting on a rock somewhere else?
I think they fade away at some point, implying that they were a projection just like he was.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

msteelers wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:28 am
McNutt wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:23 am I don't remember the scene where Luke hands Leia the dice, but I'm not doubting it happened.
I think they fade away at some point, implying that they were a projection just like he was.
That's what I remember, too.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

It's kind of silly that Leia even gets the phantom dice.
Solo Spoiler;
Spoiler:
Because who wants re-gifted jewelry from you partners ex-girlfriend?
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

"Here's Han's dice. They meant a lot to him."
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

wonderpug wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:02 am The dice were really more like just an Easter egg in A New Hope. You can see Chewie hit his head on them when they're first getting into the Falcon to leave Mos Eisley.
Oh, I see. Well, the way they talk about it in TLJ, they make them sound way more important.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

ImLawBoy wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:42 am
msteelers wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:28 am
That's what I remember, too.
Yes, after Luke dies, Kylo finds them in the command center on the floor (Guess Leia didnt really want them anyway) and he picks them up and they disappear,
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:26 pm

I hope he suffered.

Hey, man, you should try Island Cow Milk (or "Gilk") before you keep knocking it.

I ran into utter lover Luke at Origins on Friday. I even snapped a picture of him pre-imbibe. I then told him that I had faced some criticism on the subject of spontaneous sea cow milking from a forum user named El Guapo (I confided in him that I don't think that's your real name). And that though I certainly didn't want to sound disrespectful of a Jedi Knight who has lost his faith and now fills that hole with emerald dairy products, I also felt badly for the sea cows, as they obviously were just lounging around in a semi-catatonic state after what I assume was a booze filled evening the night before, when suddenly they're essentially attacked by a bearded gent with a manic grin and a pail who doesn't take no for an answer. I also asked him for his insight as to why he chugged the gilk like a maniac in that scene.

He stared at me for a few seconds, then pretended to take a call on his porg before abruptly turning away, telling me he "had to get this". Then he quickly disappeared into the crowd.
He won. Period.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Aunt Beru?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

He won. Period.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

hepcat wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:34 pm Image
The world needs ditch diggers too...
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

hepcat wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:44 pm
El Guapo wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:26 pm

I hope he suffered.

I ran into utter lover Luke at Origins on Friday. I even snapped a picture of him pre-imbibe. I then told him that I had faced some criticism on the subject of spontaneous sea cow milking from a forum user named El Guapo (I confided in him that I don't think that's your real name). And that though I certainly didn't want to sound disrespectful of a Jedi Knight who has lost his faith and now fills that hole with emerald dairy products, I also felt badly for the sea cows, as they obviously were just lounging around in a semi-catatonic state after what I assume was a booze filled evening the night before, when suddenly they're essentially attacked by a bearded gent with a manic grin and a pail who doesn't take no for an answer. I also asked him for his insight as to why he chugged the gilk like a maniac in that scene.

He stared at me for a few seconds, then pretended to take a call on his porg before abruptly turning away, telling me he "had to get this". Then he quickly disappeared into the crowd.
So....did you try the sea cow milk?
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I started to but the sudden realization that a middle aged man being fed milk from a baby bottle by a faux Luke Skywalker in the middle of a room filled with nerds might send the right message and I demurred. Once you go down that road at a gaming convention, you find yourself constantly being force fed things like homemade Soylent Green, mana and other questionable consumables.
He won. Period.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

hepcat wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:46 pm I started to but the sudden realization that a middle aged man being fed milk from a baby bottle by a faux Luke Skywalker in the middle of a room filled with nerds might send the right message and I demurred. Once you go down that road at a gaming convention, you find yourself constantly being force fed things like homemade Soylent Green, mana and other questionable consumables.
Try it and you will see, you might like it hepcat you...at.
Black Lives Matter.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Holman

Post by Holman »

Holman

Post by Holman »

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

A part of me just died.
He won. Period.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

They allegedly have almost $80 MILLION pledged for this already, when they were only at $73K on Sunday.

I find that hard to believe.
Hodor.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

My favorite proposal for a remake was a shot-for-shot redo, but with the actors making their own light sabre sounds.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

pr0ner wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:41 am They allegedly have almost $80 MILLION pledged for this already, when they were only at $73K on Sunday.

I find that hard to believe.
The best part is how the original tweet on this claims that their team of producers is offering to "cover the budget" for the remake. Soooo...why do you need the money again?

I wonder which Caribbean island the guy is planning on moving to.
Black Lives Matter.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I do wonder since you're just "pledging" an amount, without actually giving them money, if people aren't trolling them and artificially inflating their numbers.

At the same time, I'm not gonna give them an email address and find out!
Hodor.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

pr0ner wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:37 am I do wonder since you're just "pledging" an amount, without actually giving them money, if people aren't trolling them and artificially inflating their numbers.

Is there a limit on how much you can pledge? Seems entirely possible that one person entered $80 million.
Black Lives Matter.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:53 am
pr0ner wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:37 am I do wonder since you're just "pledging" an amount, without actually giving them money, if people aren't trolling them and artificially inflating their numbers.

Is there a limit on how much you can pledge? Seems entirely possible that one person entered $80 million.
Looks like the limit on the Google form they have up there is $10,000.
Hodor.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

hepcat wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:34 pm Image
:lol:

nice.....
Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

I'd love to find out how far $200 million will take you in a fight with Disney's lawyers.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

They'll change the names, don't be silly.
Starr Wars: The Last Jedy continues the adventures of Lukke Skywalker as he struggles to find new Jedy Knights to take up the cause of righteousness against the evil First Half Order.
He won. Period.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Also in the remake it will be a Space Goat nursing Luke with soy milk.
Black Lives Matter.
Enough

Post by Enough »

I don't know why, but I am enjoying this movie more on UHD at home than I did at the theater, repeated viewings have added to my appreciation.
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I think it’s a great attempt at adding some depth to the story of the Jedi. But again, I’m a Rian Johnson fanboy. Have I mentioned how insanely great Brick is?
Throw one at me if you want, hash head. I've got all five senses and I slept last night, that puts me six up on the lot of you.
He won. Period.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Enough wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:48 pm I don't know why, but I am enjoying this movie more on UHD at home than I did at the theater, repeated viewings have added to my appreciation.
I really need to get around to buying the 4K Blu Ray. I bet the Ren/Rey fight on Snoke's ship with the red background looks stunning in HDR.
Hodor.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I wasn't sure whether to put this here or in the Random Randomness thread, but a wedding I DJ'ed is going viral. It was a Star Wars theme wedding.
When Sarah Hellriegel shared pics of her and her husband Kyle's Star Wars/Lord of The Rings-themed wedding on Reddit, she probably didn't anticipate that the post would go viral. After 12,000 upvotes and a front-page placement on the often-harsh atmosphere of the Star Wars subreddit, however, that's exactly what's happening.
Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image

And my big contribution to the wedding:
Enlarge Image
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

How much in royalties did you pay to Daft Punk?
Hodor.