I now hate Office 365

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Madmarcus

I now hate Office 365

Post by Madmarcus »

Or at least the Outlook portion.

The way it does threaded messaging is horrible. It is way to easy to view the latest new message in a thread without seeing other new messages. Then, if you click away, the entire thread is changed to read! Plus the search function only pulls up threads not individual messages such that if I search for one sending it tells me that somewhere is this long thread of messages is a message from them without going straight to their message!
Isgrimnur

Re: I now hate Office 365

Post by Isgrimnur »

Madmarcus wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:06 am Then, if you click away, the entire thread is changed to read!
Tech Recipes

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

In a totally different way I hate our IT. That is classified as security and I can't follow your link.
stessier

Post by stessier »

It's the process to change when a thread is marked as Read.

Here it is without all the pretty pictures.
By default, the Outlook Web App marks items as read when viewed in the Reading Pane whenever the selection changes. You can turn this functionality off, or have Outlook wait a certain amount of time before marking the item as read.
1. Go to Office 365 and login to your account.
2. Select Outlook from the menu at the top of the page to access the Outlook Web App.
3. Go to the upper-right corner of the page. Beneath your name, click Options and select See All Options.
4. In the left pane, select Settings.
5. If you wish to prevent the Outlook Web App from automatically marking items as read when viewed in the Reading Pane, select the Don’t automatically mark items as Read radio button.
To set the Outlook Web App to wait a certain amount of time before marking the item as read, select the Mark the item displayed in the Reading Pane as Read radio button and input the desired amount of seconds into the textbox. I use 30 seconds as the value. This allows me to manage my time reading emails, letting me review emails and leave the longer ones for a later time.

6. Click Save at the bottom of the page to save your changes.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

outlook on mobile blows, but the regular outlook I don't have many issues with. is there even an alternative that anyone uses?
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I had to turn off the automatic grouping by conversation/thread. Just not how I like to work. I do use the reading pane a lot and the 'mark as read' functionality, but since I don't group messages, I've never had the issue of reading one message marking the rest as read.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
DD*

Post by DD* »

Silence knave! MICROSOFT knows what you need better than you. You shall submit immediately.

Resistance is futile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

TheMix wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:50 am I had to turn off the automatic grouping by conversation/thread. Just not how
That is what I ended up doing.