Super Bowl LIII

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Skinypupy

Re: NFL 2018 Week 4

Post by Skinypupy »

Jaymann wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:21 am Very un-Chargers like victory. Usually when they get hosed like that fumble recovery that was legislated away they roll over. Instead they took it away again to seal the deal.
I assume you're talking about the one on the punt return where the guy recovering failed to gain possession as he was going out of bounds.

Hosed? Looked that was absolutely the right call to me.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Skinypupy wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:32 am
Jaymann wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:21 am Very un-Chargers like victory. Usually when they get hosed like that fumble recovery that was legislated away they roll over. Instead they took it away again to seal the deal.
I assume you're talking about the one on the punt return where the guy recovering failed to gain possession as he was going out of bounds.

Hosed? Looked that was absolutely the right call to me.
I saw it as he picked up the ball, ran a couple steps, then fumbled as he landed out of bounds. Which was the original call.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Never appears to have possession to me.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Ænima

Post by Ænima »

Definitely never had full possession.
naednek

Post by naednek »

as an unbiased 49ers fan, he never had possession. And next time CJ, just take the sack...
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

The team that got screwed this weekend was the Browns. I have no idea how they overturned the call on the field of a first down, which would have allowed the Browns to kneel to win the game.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Well, that was a hell of a 2nd half.

Nice to know that Texas Tech still knows how to grow gunslingers.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Once again Case Keenum shows why he is not ready for prime time.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
DOS=HIGH

Post by DOS=HIGH »

I didn't get to see much of the game, but my biggest take away is this is the worst MNF crew ever. They sound like a bunch of guys you would overhear sitting in a bar. Play by Play and color analyst might be the toughest job in entertainment, so few are good at it.
Isgrimnur

NFL 2018 Week 5

Post by Isgrimnur »

Booger and Witten don’t do it for you?
pr0ner

Re: NFL 2018 Week 5

Post by pr0ner »

I watched the end of the game last night and they were pretty terrible.

I'm not looking forward to listening to them for an entire game next week.
Hodor.
naednek

Post by naednek »

DOS=HIGH wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:32 am I didn't get to see much of the game, but my biggest take away is this is the worst MNF crew ever. They sound like a bunch of guys you would overhear sitting in a bar. Play by Play and color analyst might be the toughest job in entertainment, so few are good at it.
What I can't stand is the sideline reporter on MNF when he's on that lift. Man he adds nothing to the broadcast
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:04 am Booger and Witten don’t do it for you?
No.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

There are days when I question whether or not I'm watching the same broadcast as other people. I wouldn't say that this is my favorite crew, but there is certainly nothing wrong with them. And it amuses me every time they cut to Booger on that ridiculous lift. The play-by-play guy is out of the way, as he should be. Witten is still getting his legs under him, given that this is what, the fourth game he's ever provided color commentary for? And I've got no issues with Booger.

I cannot imagine what it's like to watch a game as any of you people. Good Lord.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Is it the same play-by-play guy that worked with Gruden? He wasn’t bad, but I never really cared for him. He’s probably the first MNF play-by-play guy that I didn’t really enjoy.

I find Booger amusing in the small bits of him that I’ve seen. Witten needs time. As mentioned, 4-games isn’t nearly enough time to prepare for the national spotlight like that.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

msteelers wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:41 am Is it the same play-by-play guy that worked with Gruden? He wasn’t bad, but I never really cared for him. He’s probably the first MNF play-by-play guy that I didn’t really enjoy.

I find Booger amusing in the small bits of him that I’ve seen. Witten needs time. As mentioned, 4-games isn’t nearly enough time to prepare for the national spotlight like that.
This is Tessitore's first year on MNF.

Gruden worked with Tirico and McDonough previously.
Hodor.
naednek

Post by naednek »

RunningMn9 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:37 am There are days when I question whether or not I'm watching the same broadcast as other people. I wouldn't say that this is my favorite crew, but there is certainly nothing wrong with them. And it amuses me every time they cut to Booger on that ridiculous lift. The play-by-play guy is out of the way, as he should be. Witten is still getting his legs under him, given that this is what, the fourth game he's ever provided color commentary for? And I've got no issues with Booger.

I cannot imagine what it's like to watch a game as any of you people. Good Lord.
I think for me is that Booger's purpose of being there is just gimmicky and doesn't bring anything to the table. It feels like it's Tony Siragusa on steroids. He's there because they don't have anywhere else to put him. He adds nothing to the discussion, no worthwhile insight.

I don't really have an issue with Witten. At one point I thought it was Steve Young talking. I don't know who the other guy is.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

pr0ner wrote:
msteelers wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:41 am Is it the same play-by-play guy that worked with Gruden? He wasn’t bad, but I never really cared for him. He’s probably the first MNF play-by-play guy that I didn’t really enjoy.

This is Tessitore's first year on MNF.

Gruden worked with Tirico and McDonough previously.
Ah. I’m working during the Monday night games, so I haven’t had much chance to watch.
GungHo

Post by GungHo »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:24 pm Well, that was a hell of a 2nd half.

He's why Mayfield transfered. Says a lot that a future Heisman winner and #1 pick didn't think he could beat out the guy in front of him. 😳
Thank God TTU never has a defense
OR
cry in a corner that the world has come to a point where you have to pay for imaginary shit.

-Hiccup
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

naednek wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:40 pmHe adds nothing to the discussion, no worthwhile insight.
I found it to be 300% more useful than having someone give me injury updates (that the play-by-play guy can give me), or to "interview" the coaches before half-time.
Make up bags of change
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

GungHo wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:24 pm Well, that was a hell of a 2nd half.

He's why Mayfield transfered. Says a lot that a future Heisman winner and #1 pick didn't think he could beat out the guy in front of him. Image
Thank God TTU never has a defense
First one to 70 wins.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Nice to see the Lions ream the Fudge Packers a new A-hole.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I think it was more that Mason Crosby beat the Packers..

Also, how about them Browns!
Black Lives Matter
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Also, also, what the hell is going on with the Bills? They look like the worst team in football, then beat the Vikings, then again look like the worst team in football, and them beat the Titans.
Black Lives Matter
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Also, also, what the hell is going on with the Bills? They look like the worst team in football, then beat the Vikings, then again look like the worst team in football, and them beat the Titans.
Yeah. I had the Titans in my survivor pool this week. That Viking game bothered me, but I didn’t see any better options.
naednek

Post by naednek »

So Friday night got a call asking if I wanted 4 seats to the 49ers game for free.... HELL YA

Too bad they lost, but check out the view

And Ethan actually stayed awake the whole game, but didn't care for the noise. I forgot about his sensory issue and didn't bring any ear plugs...

stessier

Post by stessier »

Aaron Schatz 🏈

Verified account

@FO_ASchatz
35m35 minutes ago
More
The 2018 Buffalo Bills now have a top 10 defense in DVOA... and one of the five worst offenses we've ever tracked through 5 games.
That's unfortunate.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

I’m shocked it’s not the worst offense they’ve ever tracked. They are *brutally* incompetent at the throwing of the footballs.
Make up bags of change
Jaymann

Re: NFL 2018 Week 6

Post by Jaymann »

Bills come back to earth, but:

Chargers stomp the Browns
Raiders lose
Broncos lose
Either Chiefs or Pats will lose

S'all good, man.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Considering the Bills defense is on the field for like 85% of the game, they have been playing outstanding since getting blown out in Weeks 1 and 2.

Too bad the offense is so putrid.
Make up bags of change
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

KC is still in the fight now pulling ahead of NE with a nice sliding catch TD.

Edit: NE of course will not take this laying down as Brady runs it in for a TD
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Mahomes :BAM!
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

Isgrimnur wrote:Mahomes :BAM!
I don’t typically watch Chiefs games, so I only see highlights, which are, of course, highlights . . . but I see an awful lot from that guy.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Texas Tech knows how to grow quarterbacks.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

That was a great game. It's a shame NE won in the end, but oh well.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

I watched the Bears game at a bar with some friends today. Most of the screens were on the Bears game, but a couple were on the Jets/Colts, one was on gymnastics (the controller wasn't working on that one), and one was on the Red Zone Channel. As the Bears game came to its thrilling conclusion (I was actively rooting for a tie at that point), I looked at the Red Zone Channel TV and noticed that they were showing the Bears game - but 8 seconds or so ahead of the regular broadcast. I find it odd that the Red Zone Channel doesn't use the delay that the regular broadcast does.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

ImLawBoy wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:04 am I watched the Bears game at a bar with some friends today. Most of the screens were on the Bears game, but a couple were on the Jets/Colts, one was on gymnastics (the controller wasn't working on that one), and one was on the Red Zone Channel. As the Bears game came to its thrilling conclusion (I was actively rooting for a tie at that point), I looked at the Red Zone Channel TV and noticed that they were showing the Bears game - but 8 seconds or so ahead of the regular broadcast. I find it odd that the Red Zone Channel doesn't use the delay that the regular broadcast does.
YOU CAN SEE THE FUTURE!
Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I don't know how a team stops KC. Hill is too fast and Hunt is too strong. The Pats never punted and almost lost. It's a good thing Mahomes didn't start just throwing it in Hill's general direction until the 4th quarter.

I am so tired.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

ImLawBoy wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:04 am I watched the Bears game at a bar with some friends today. Most of the screens were on the Bears game, but a couple were on the Jets/Colts, one was on gymnastics (the controller wasn't working on that one), and one was on the Red Zone Channel. As the Bears game came to its thrilling conclusion (I was actively rooting for a tie at that point), I looked at the Red Zone Channel TV and noticed that they were showing the Bears game - but 8 seconds or so ahead of the regular broadcast. I find it odd that the Red Zone Channel doesn't use the delay that the regular broadcast does.
They probably do, it's just that the FOX feed had a different (longer) delay. Could have been FOX, could have been the cable, could have the satellite relay.

What an epic game. That OT was crazy.

Also, I think that means at least one OT game every week this far.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

stessier wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:40 am I don't know how a team stops KC. Hill is too fast and Hunt is too strong. The Pats never punted and almost lost. It's a good thing Mahomes didn't start just throwing it in Hill's general direction until the 4th quarter.

I am so tired.
uh, didn't the Patriots just stop KC?
Black Lives Matter.