Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jag

10 Years of the MCU

Post by Jag »

Scraper

Re: 10 Years of the MCU

Post by Scraper »

It's missing all the Netflix actors. I was really hoping to see a Defenders cameo in the new Avengers movie but judging from that picture it doesn't look like its going to happen.
FTE
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

I was always hoping there could be a good Fantastic Four film made before Stan Lee kicks the bucket. doesn't seem likely at all now.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

X-Men?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I thought the X-Men were not part of the "Marvel Cinematic Universe" because their rights were held by someone else.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I don't think any of the Fox properties or Marvel TV properties are considered part of the "Marvel Cinematic Universe".
Hodor.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

pr0ner wrote:I don't think any of the Fox properties or Marvel TV properties are considered part of the "Marvel Cinematic Universe".
You are correct on Fox, but Marvel TV is more complicated.

The last official word that I’ve seen is that most of the Marvel TV shows are in the MCU. The obvious one is Agents of Shield. It’s had direct tie-ins with the movies. The Netflix series are also supposedly in the MCU. The events of the first Avengers movie is directly referenced at times, but thats it. Runaways on Hulu I believe is in limbo, with no official word on whether it’s in or out. I haven’t watched it, but I understand it makes no obvious references to the movies.

When the MCU kicked off, we were promised TV shows that were directly related to the movies. We haven’t completely gotten that though. Some say its because the head of Marvel Movies and the head of Marvel TV don’t like each other. Others say it’s a logistical nightmare. Movies are written years in advance, TV shows are sometimes still being written while the first episodes of the season air. The reality is probably somewhere in between. And unfortunately we have conflicting statements over what is, and what isn’t, part of the MCU.
Jag

Post by Jag »

Basically the MCU is canon for TV, but TV has no effect on the MCU. They are going to be different properties. I would doubt you will see a TV character go up to movies, but MCU characters can slum it on TV. Hell, Coulson and Agent Carter were fairly big players in the MCU.

Coulson was supposed to be in the picture from his days in the MCU but he said he was stuck at a comic-con.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

pr0ner wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:11 pm I don't think any of the Fox properties or Marvel TV properties are considered part of the "Marvel Cinematic Universe".
Not yet, at least.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Pyperkub wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:44 pm
pr0ner wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:11 pm I don't think any of the Fox properties or Marvel TV properties are considered part of the "Marvel Cinematic Universe".
Not yet, at least.
On December 14, 2017, Disney announced its intent to acquire 21st Century Fox's film and television studios, including the film rights to the Fantastic Four and X-Men franchise. Disney CEO Bob Iger later confirmed that the X-Men would be integrated into the MCU alongside the Fantastic Four and Deadpool stating "We're also looking forward to expanding the Marvel Cinematic Universe to include X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool".
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

hitbyambulance wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:49 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:44 pm
Not yet, at least.
On December 14, 2017, Disney announced its intent to acquire 21st Century Fox's film and television studios, including the film rights to the Fantastic Four and X-Men franchise. Disney CEO Bob Iger later confirmed that the X-Men would be integrated into the MCU alongside the Fantastic Four and Deadpool stating "We're also looking forward to expanding the Marvel Cinematic Universe to include X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool".
Comcast is also bidding for it.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I'm not sure where to put this question, so I thought I'd give this a shot.

Does anyone know what the plan is for releasing all the films in 4k Ultra? I want to collect them all in this format, but it seems like more than half are only available in standard Blu-ray. I'd rather not have to buy them twice and do notice a difference between the formats.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles