[Film] Red Sparrow - Mar 2 2018

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

[Film] Red Sparrow - Mar 2 2018

Post by Isgrimnur »

IMDB with trailer.

Jennifer Lawrence, Joel Edgerton, and Jeremy Irons in what is probably the closest thing to a Black Widow movie we are going to see in the near term.

Comic Book
“There’s people who think it’s very similar to the Black Widow story, This is not pulled from Black Widow, this is pulled from Red Sparrow [the novel the movie is based on], you know, it’s just like written by a guy who was in the CIA [Jason Matthews]. It’s like, his references are coming from a very very different place from that. But there’ll always be that. People like to put things in boxes, and I think is a really unique film. This is a thriller, it’s not action, again it’s not gadgety. It’s a hard-R. There’s violence, it’s a bit perverse, it’s suspenseful, a lot of intrigue. It ‘s a very different kind of spy film.”

One of the details connecting Black Widow to Red Sparrow is that both have Ballet in their backstory. Lawrence says Dominika’s dance history is placed more in the foreground.
Red Sparrow may be coming first, but there are rumors that a Black Widow movie is in development at Marvel Studios. This could be Scarlett Johansson's first opportunity to play Natasha Romanoff sans Avengers. The movie is reportedly aiming for a 2020 release. Johansson is rumored to be meeting soon with potential screenwriters for the project.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
stessier

Re: [Film] Red Sparrow - Mar 2 2018

Post by stessier »

If you are a JLaw fan, you have to watch this. Colbert gets her drunk. :D

I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Ads for this are terrible. They actually make me dislike the movie without ever having seen it.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

The Globe's review was positive enough for me to add it to my netflix queue. I'll see it in a year or so.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:18 pm Ads for this are terrible. They actually make me dislike the movie without ever having seen it.
I have to agree with this. It sounds like that unless you want to pay to see Lawrence's boobies there is no reason to go see this.
Black Lives Matter
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Scuzz wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:35 pm
GreenGoo wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:18 pm Ads for this are terrible. They actually make me dislike the movie without ever having seen it.
I have to agree with this. It sounds like that unless you want to pay to see Lawrence's boobies there is no reason to go see this.
Um, what cities is this going to be showing in?
Sims 3 and signature unclear.