Talk to me about water dispensers/coolers

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

tjg_marantz

Talk to me about water dispensers/coolers

Post by tjg_marantz »

We're jumping into the pool and I thought it would be simple. Bottle loader, top loader is the main sticking point.

I like the smaller size of bottom loaders but worry about adding a potential failure point with the pump to bring the water up. I'm thinking top loaders are more sturdy or at least have one less failure point. But then they are a little more unsightly.

What say you? Both options completely ok with me.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
gilraen

Re: Talk to me about water dispensers/coolers

Post by gilraen »

We have this bottom loading Hamilton Beach model. Going on 3 years now, it works great, we love it.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Why would you want to lug 5 gallon water jugs around? Just get an R/O filter and connect it to a dispenser.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

gilraen wrote:We have this bottom loading Hamilton Beach model. Going on 3 years now, it works great, we love it.
Does it leave a gallon at the bottom? I've read that's a problem with some bottom loaders.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

tjg_marantz wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:29 pm
gilraen wrote:We have this bottom loading Hamilton Beach model. Going on 3 years now, it works great, we love it.
Does it leave a gallon at the bottom? I've read that's a problem with some bottom loaders.
Maybe 1/2-1 cup. We usually just dump it in the Keurig.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

TheMix wrote:
tjg_marantz wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:29 pm
Maybe 1/2-1 cup. We usually just dump it in the Keurig.
Fair enough.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs