[TV] Fall 2018 Schedule

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

Re: [TV] Fall 2018 Schedule

Post by Isgrimnur »

NBCUniversal
Highlights of the drama offerings for the newly announced fall schedule include “Manifest” from executive producer Robert Zemeckis, an emotionally rich, unexpected mystery journey that is jump-started following a turbulent but seemingly routine flight; and “New Amsterdam,” a character-driven medical drama starring “The Blacklist’s” Ryan Eggold and based on New York City’s historic Bellevue Hospital, one of the oldest public hospitals in the country.

NBC’s strong comedy lineup adds a new player with family comedy “I Feel Bad” from writer/creator Aseem Batra and executive producer Amy Poehler. A modern comedy about being perfectly OK with being imperfect, the series stars Sarayu Blue as Emet, who balances being mom, boss, friend, wife and daughter.

New dramas set to launch in midseason are spy-hunting thriller “The Enemy Within,” starring Morris Chestnut (“Rosewood”) as an FBI agent who enlists a notorious traitor (“Dexter’s” Jennifer Carpenter) to help track down a fiercely dangerous and elusive criminal; “The InBetween” from executive producer David Heyman, in which Cassie Bishop, who can see and communicate with the dead, may have found a way to keep her demons at bay, all while solving some of the city’s most challenging cases; and “The Village,” written and produced by Mike Daniels, a heartwarming ensemble drama set in a Brooklyn apartment building where the residents have built a bonded family of friends and neighbors.

The laughs continue midseason with “Abby’s” a new comedy from “The Good Place” executive producer/creator Michael Schur, starring Natalie Morales (“Parks and Recreation”). “Abby’s” centers around the best bar in San Diego, home to good prices, great company and, of course, Abby. Redefining the multi-camera comedy for a new generation, “Abby’s” is the first sitcom to be shot outdoors in front of a live audience. Also from executive producer Michael Schur and creator/executive producer Dan Goor, Golden Globe winner “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” will make its triumphant return in midseason; produced by sister studio Universal Television, “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” will move to NBC for its sixth season.

NBC’s robust 52-week schedule is highlighted by its most ambitious midseason in years. A brand new in-season spin-off “America’s Got Talent: The Champions” (with executive producer and key judge Simon Cowell) will light up the schedule on Mondays in January and February between seasons of “The Voice.” And bona fide new hit “Ellen’s Game of Games” will make midseason Tuesdays at 8 P.M. just as strong. Furthermore “The Titan Games” — a high-octane competition series from Dwayne Johnson, Dany Garcia and producers of “American Ninja Warrior” that offers everyday people a chance to achieve the impossible — blasts onto Wednesdays for a limited run at 8 P.M. this winter.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
stessier

Post by stessier »

It's possible she keeps an open mind, asks questions and find that the facts support the current theories.

I'm the optimistic type.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Fox
Fox announced only four newcomers for the upcoming 2018-19 season, evenly split between drama and comedy.
One reason the network ordered so few shows is that Fox will take over Thursday Night Football broadcasts from CBS, beginning in late September. It's a five-year deal, giving Fox the rights to 11 Thursday games per season. Joe Buck and Troy Aikman will be in the booth for the Thursday games. (Another reason for the lack of new titles is the pending sale of Fox's production arm to Disney, which will leave the network without an in-house supplier of programming.)
The Cool Kids is created by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia star Charlie Day (along with writer Paul Fruchbom), and is produced by most of Day's Always Sunny co-stars. But don't let the title fool you: The other aspect of the show that makes it unusual for Fox is that there is no one even remotely resembling a kid (or a 20-something) in the cast. All of its stars (Vicki Lawrence, David Alan Grier, Leslie Jordan, and Martin Mull) are playing septuagenarians living in a retirement community—albeit one with as many cliques as a high school.
The Passage is based on Justin Cronin's genre-blending vampire(-ish) book trilogy of the same name (though will seemingly focus on just the first part of the story). Mark-Paul Gosselaar stars as federal agent Brad Wolgast, who finds himself serving as a surrogate father to a 10-year-old girl who is a test subject for a secret government medical experiment that has the potential to eliminate all disease—or wipe out the human race.
[Proven Innocent] is set at a law firm that specializes in representing wrongfully convicted clients. Rachelle Lefevre (Under the Dome), Vincent Kartheiser (Mad Men), Russell Hornsby (Grimm), Nikki M. James (BrainDead), and Riley Smith (Frequency) star.
[Rel] - A vehicle for Get Out and The Carmichael Show supporting star Lil Rel Howery, Fox's second new multi-camera sitcom counts several other Carmichael Show veterans among its producers, including Jerrod Carmichael himself, plus Kevin Barnett and Josh Rabinowitz (who are credited as creators along with Howery). Howery plays a version of himself as he tries to build a new life in Chicago as a single father after he discovers that his wife is cheating on him with his barber. (He also needs a new barber.) Sinbad co-stars as Howery's father, and Mike Scully (The Simpsons, Parks and Recreation) will be the showrunner.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

ABC
ABC unveiled a fall schedule that includes two new family comedies, a pair of new dramas, a second version of Dancing With the Stars featuring celebrity kids and a Sunday berth for Alec Baldwin's new talk show.
Fall's new series:
  • The Rookie stars fan favorite Nathan Fillion (Castle) as the LAPD's oldest newbie cop, who bumps up against skeptical bosses.
  • A Million Little Things centers on Boston friends who feel "stuck in life," and marks ABC's latest stab at a This Is Us-style ensemble drama without a legal, crime or medical hook. The cast includes James Roday (Psych), Ron Livingston (Office Space) and Christina Moses (The Originals).
  • The Kids Are Alright, a comedy set in the 1970s about a working-class Irish-American family with eight sons. Michael Cudlitz (The Walking Dead) and Mary McCormack (Falling Water) play the Cleary parents.
  • Single Parents, about several moms and dads raising 7-year-old kids on their own, who try to balance parental duties with dating. The cast includes Taran Killam (Saturday Night Live), Leighton Meester (Gossip Girl) and Brad Garrett (Everybody Loves Raymond).
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

stessier wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 4:33 pm It's possible she keeps an open mind, asks questions and find that the facts support the current theories.

I'm the optimistic type.
Except when it comes to sports.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 4:44 pm
stessier wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 4:33 pm It's possible she keeps an open mind, asks questions and find that the facts support the current theories.

I'm the optimistic type.
Except when it comes to sports.
Not true! I'm always sure the team playing my team will win!
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

CBS
With Murphy Brown and Magnum P.I. as two of the six new series on the fall 2018 CBS schedule, it feels like a trip back to the 1980s at the network, which will feature five reboots next season.
HAPPY TOGETHER stars Damon Wayans Jr. and Amber Stevens West in a comedy about a 30-something happily married couple who begin to reconnect with their younger, cooler selves when Cooper (Felix Mallard), an exuberant young pop star drawn to their super-ordinary suburban life, unexpectedly moves in with them.
THE NEIGHBORHOOD stars Cedric the Entertainer as an opinionated neighbor in a comedy about what happens when the friendliest guy in the Midwest moves his family to a neighborhood in Los Angeles where not everyone looks like him or appreciates his extreme neighborliness. When Dave Johnson (Max Greenfield) and his family arrive from Michigan, they’re unfazed that their new dream home is located in a community quite different from their small town.
MURPHY BROWN — Multiple Emmy Award winners Candice Bergen and series creator Diane English reunite for MURPHY BROWN, the revival of the groundbreaking comedy about the eponymous broadcast news legend and her biting take on current events, now in a world of 24-hour cable, social media, “fake news” and a vastly different political climate.
FBI–From Emmy Award winner Dick Wolf and the team behind the “Law & Order” franchise, FBI is a fast-paced drama about the inner workings of the New York office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
GOD FRIENDED ME stars Brandon Micheal Hall in a humorous, uplifting drama about Miles Finer (Hall), an outspoken atheist whose life is turned upside down when he receives a friend request on social media from God and unwittingly becomes an agent of change in the lives and destinies of others around him. After repeated pokes by God, Miles’ curiosity takes over, and he accepts the ultimate friend request and follows the signs to Cara Bloom (Violett Beane), an online journalist. Brought together by the “God Account,” the two find themselves investigating God’s friend suggestions and inadvertently helping others in need.
MAGNUM P.I. is a modern take on the classic series starring Jay Hernandez as Thomas Magnum, a decorated former Navy SEAL who, upon returning home from Afghanistan, repurposes his military skills to become a private investigator. A charming rogue, an American hero and a die-hard Detroit Tigers fan, Magnum has Juliet Higgins and her Dobermans to keep him in line, as well as his trusted buddies and fellow POW survivors TC and Rick when he needs back-up on a job.
NEW MIDSEASON SERIES

THE CODE is a drama about the military’s brightest minds who take on our country’s toughest legal challenges, inside the courtroom and out, in the only law office in the world where every attorney is trained as a prosecutor, a defense lawyer, an investigator – and a Marine.
FAM stars Nina Dobrev and Tone Bell in a comedy about a woman whose vision of a perfect life with her adoring fiancé and his wonderful parents is radically altered when her 16-year-old, out-of-control half-sister unexpectedly comes to live with her. As the family Clem (Dobrev) chose and the family she has blend, Clem realizes that this new happy fam may be the perfection she’s always been seeking.
THE RED LINE — From acclaimed producers Ava DuVernay and Greg Berlanti, THE RED LINE is a drama that follows the lives of three vastly different Chicago families whose stories of loss and tragedy intersect in the wake of the mistaken shooting of an African American doctor by a white cop.
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

tjg_marantz wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 10:23 pm
Defiant wrote:I'm hoping Timeless gets renewed for next season - it's one of the few shows left for a decision to be made on, and it'll probably depend on the ratings for tonight's two part season finale.

I'm really shocked (but happy) that Elementary got renewed, it had been surprising it got renewed for it's current season, so seeing it get renewed for another season after only having 2 episodes broadcast is kinda jaw dropping.
Don't be shocked about elemantery. They own it and are making a killing on vod, and distribution. Ratings are well and truly pointless now.
I still watch and enjoy Elementary. Moat_Woman gave it up a season or two ago. She had problems with the audio and being able to hear voices clearly. I have to admit I did a bit too and had to up the volume a bit to make some of the dialog out.
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Closed captioning is your friend.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Rather disappointed that Magnum P.I is a complete reboot rather than a continuation.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Don't forget "Juliet Higgins".
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I refuse to watch something they had to make more pc.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Deadline
Mark Strong is set to star in espionage thriller Deep State, Fox Networks Group’s first regional scripted commission for Europe and Africa. The eight-episode hourlong original series (which previously was announced under the working title The Nine) is written by Matthew Parkhill (Rogue), Simon Maxwell (American Odyssey) and Steve Thompson (Sherlock, Dr Who) and will air in more than 50 countries via Fox.

The intense, character-driven espionage thriller is set in Britain, the U.S., Iran, Lebanon and France and shows the merciless reality of the world of espionage in which an increasingly rare conscience can get you, and the ones you love, killed.

Strong will play Max Easton, a man caught between two versions of himself — the past and the present. An ex-spy, Max is brought back into the game to avenge the death of his son, only to find himself at the heart of a covert intelligence war and a conspiracy to profit from the spread of chaos throughout the Middle East.

Alongside Strong, breakthrough talent Karima McAdams (Fearless, Vikings) has joined to play Leyla Toumi, a smart and uncompromising elite intelligence operative.
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

dbt1949 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 9:21 pm I refuse to watch something they had to make more pc.
I hate to break it to you dbt but you aren't the target audience. Frankly neither am I. But any TV show, movie, or play from a previous time period that reflected that time in terms of casting, dialogue, etc., is fair game for being modernized. Would you be indignant if they updated 12 Angry Men and included women in the jury? Admittedly the original title is fantastic, 12 Angry People not so much, but you get where I'm going with it?

You are, of course, entitled to your views.
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Moat_Man wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:33 pm
dbt1949 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 9:21 pm I refuse to watch something they had to make more pc.
I hate to break it to you dbt but you aren't the target audience. Frankly neither am I. But any TV show, movie, or play from a previous time period that reflected that time in terms of casting, dialogue, etc., is fair game for being modernized. Would you be indignant if they updated 12 Angry Men and included women in the jury? Admittedly the original title is fantastic, 12 Angry People not so much, but you get where I'm going with it?

It's called "13 Angry Democrats" now and it's wicked popular in some markets.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Moat_Man wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:33 pm

I know you are absolutely right. I never thought for a minute the networks care for me or my demographic.
I'm olde and obsolete. I try not to give advice because it would be too.
Any opinions I offer are of my own olde and obsolete point of view. :wink:
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949