Fundraising complete, next renewal is August 2022. Paypal Donation Links US dollars CDN Dollars

Cobra Kai

Everything else!

Moderators: EvilHomer3k, Bakhtosh

McNutt

Re: Cobra Kai

Post by McNutt »

Kobra Kai was created for the generation that grew up with the Karate Kid, so it's going to have more adult themes.

Isgrimnur
Loading…

Post by Isgrimnur »

Rated TV-14
This contains pretty consistent use of a wide variety of profanity and inuendos. If you enjoyed the Karate Kid series and the relatively wholesome aspect, the Cobra Kai series is a big departure from that on all fronts.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

naednek wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:56 am
kids and finished all of the karate kid movies and was planning on watching Cobra Kai.

not 10 minutes in we got plenty of shits, and bitches and said, nope turn it off.

Thanks for ruining a family friendly film. The kids will have to wait.
i watched the first episode last night, and was pretty surprised by the amount of cursing in it. There was even an f-bomb in there, albeit in Spanish.

Wasn't planning on watching with the kids so it didn't bother me, was just a bit unexpected.
For those accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Blackhawk
Loading…

Post by Blackhawk »

So, I just watched both seasons, a season a day for the last two days. I needed a mental break, and this was the right show at the right time. They did such a great job calling back to the original while updating the themes. I'm genuinely sad that I finished it. I can't wait for season 2.

hepcat
Loading…

Post by hepcat »

William Zabka is the standout in this show. I'm still convinced of that. His acting makes his character work in many situations a lesser thespian would've lost the audience.
I beat a camel to death with a monkey. Can I do that?
-Mr Bismarck

You have to whack a few rabbits before you are ready to punch a camel.
-Coopasonic

Blackhawk
Loading…

Post by Blackhawk »

hepcat wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:54 pm
William Zabka is the standout in this show. I'm still convinced of that. His acting makes his character work in many situations a lesser thespian would've lost the audience.
There was a lot of good casting in this show. I really liked that actor that played Eli/Hawk. At the same time, I was occasionally distracted by Robby's ears. I've never seen an actor emote with their ears before, but he somehow managed it.