Bucket List Concerts

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jolor

Re: Bucket List Concerts

Post by Jolor »

BNL did do a cover of "Lovers in a Dangerous Time", though, so I think LM could be on to something.
So sayeth the wise Alaundo.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

msduncan wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:05 pm I was able to attend my bucket list concert last summer: U2 Joshua Tree. I never thought I'd get a chance since I was too young in the 80s to go the first time around. When they did the reunion tour I was all over it.
Me too - I had kind of given up on seeing U2 at all. I traveled to Seattle for the show and had a great time.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Jolor wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 7:12 pm BNL did do a cover of "Lovers in a Dangerous Time", though, so I think LM could be on to something.
Ironically, in a recent tribute to Cockburn, that song was covered, but it was more in the style of the BNL version than his original version.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Oh and speaking of 'Rocket Launcher', here's an amazing cover of that song done by the Blackie & The Rodeo Kings:
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

Thanks for the awesome share!

Let me reset the take on Bruce and share one of my favourite instrumentals, Water into Wine.
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

As for the bucket list, I'd love to see Kathleen Edwards with Sarah Harmer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff4vglsHg94
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

Lake Street Dive is coming to town this summer. We've passed twice (for no good reason other than we're old) but here's a taste of why we'd love to go ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcUeothSPyc
DD*

Post by DD* »

Always wanted to see Rush, but missed my window. Same with Zeppelin and AC/DC. I've never been a huge concert goer, though, even when a younger fellow.
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

I remember being in town once and noticing a poster announcing an upcoming concert. It was for Jeff Healey, and apparently he played there whenever he was in town. I remember being excited about the possibility of seeing him in concert. Went in to the place where the concert was supposed to be held, only to find out it had been cancelled, but to keep checking back. Well, months later he had passed away. I remember feeling quite sad upon hearing the news.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I have several watchlists that come and go because I never leave my house any more. Pain and fatigue seem to have a mutual exclusion with concert going. But currently, I think Samantha Fish is the excpetion. If she stops by my neck of the wood on Saturday, where I didn't have to work before hand and don't have to work the next day, I think I'll find a way to see her. She is friggen amazing from across the Internet. I usually like my shows to be as full of personality as I like them to be full of music, put Samantha gets a pass.

Cee-rgar box/slide is the best gee-tar playing e-var and she nails it. I could listen to her all day.