Anthony Bourdain, RIP

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Moliere

Re: Anthony Bourdain, RIP

Post by Moliere »

Paingod wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:30 am Robin Williams hit me really hard, though, and I still sometimes find myself missing him in the world. I grew up with him around every corner on TV, and the world is darker in his absence.
Robin Williams: Come Inside My Mind (2018) Official Trailer
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:54 pm
em2nought wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:03 pm
Suitably Ironic Moniker wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:11 pm
em2nought wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:02 pmIn a completely unrelated thought: My first thought at seeing news of Bourdain's suicide is wondering if maybe he's getting out ahead of #metoo. Alcohol being a behavior modifier and all.
Nothing contributes to a discussion like pulling unsubstantiated allegations out of one's ass.
Just didn't feel right making a self revealing post, and then giving y'all nothing to attack me for so... :wink:
I'd be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind for a split second, what with Bitali and all, but mostly because I had him confused with Bittman for that split second. It's certainly not rational at all.
Tony's girlfriend is (fuck, was) Asia Argento who is one of the first women to speak out against Weinstein. He was very vocal about hating Weinstein and what he had done to women. I don't think he would speak out publicly that way if he had skeletons in his closet.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Z-Corn wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:54 am
em2nought wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:02 pmIn a completely unrelated thought: My first thought at seeing news of Bourdain's suicide is wondering if maybe he's getting out ahead of #metoo. Alcohol being a behavior modifier and all.
Nothing contributes to a discussion like pulling unsubstantiated allegations out of one's ass.
Just didn't feel right making a self revealing post, and then giving y'all nothing to attack me for so... :wink:
I'd be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind for a split second, what with Bitali and all, but mostly because I had him confused with Bittman for that split second. It's certainly not rational at all.
Tony's girlfriend is (fuck, was) Asia Argento who is one of the first women to speak out against Weinstein. He was very vocal about hating Weinstein and what he had done to women. I don't think he would speak out publicly that way if he had skeletons in his closet.
I don't think he does have any. I'm just saying if I'm honest, I'll say it flashed in my mind for a split second. It's a comment on myself and the current barrage of unexpected revelations more than on Bourdain.

By all accounts he was an imcresibly good guy. Sorry to see him go.

" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:12 am
Z-Corn wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:54 am
I don't think he does have any. I'm just saying if I'm honest, I'll say it flashed in my mind for a split second. It's a comment on myself and the current barrage of unexpected revelations more than on Bourdain.

By all accounts he was an imcresibly good guy. Sorry to see him go.

That's all I was saying too, the idea flashed into my mind. Then I googled, and read about his girlfriend. I don't buy him killing himself because of a break up though, it has had to be 100 times easier for him to get a new girlfriend than it is for me. :think:
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Rip

Post by Rip »

There was a tweet posted and then deleted by Asia just before his death was announced that made me wonder something.

The post was basically saying Fuck Off to what appeared to be some grouping of people.

I ponder if something may have been said to hear by some supposed friends about his age. Perhaps even asking her if he was her Weinstein or other such asinine stuff(not hard to imagine in today world of toxicity). If he had caught wind of it or she had discussed it with him before this happened I can see her linking it to that(possibly rightfully so). That would be heart wrenching.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

em2nought wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:25 am I don't buy him killing himself because of a break up though, it has had to be 100 times easier for him to get a new girlfriend than it is for me. :think:
Most of the time it's not about a reason, it's the disease.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:37 pm
em2nought wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:25 am I don't buy him killing himself because of a break up though, it has had to be 100 times easier for him to get a new girlfriend than it is for me. :think:
Reminds me of when the smartest guy in my Nuclear Power School class killed himself. Man, there I was envying that guy because I had to log thirty-five hours more study time than his "zero" hours every week. :shock:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

em2nought wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:59 pm
Reminds me of when the smartest guy in my Nuclear Power School class killed himself. Man, there I was envying that guy because I had to log thirty-five hours more study time than his "zero" hours every week. :shock:
Spoiler:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:21 pm
em2nought wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:59 pm
Spoiler:
Whatever
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Enlarge Image
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

I bet today's news about Asia Argento was the reason.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

I wondered that too.