Matt "Guitar" Murphy, 88

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Brian

Matt "Guitar" Murphy, 88

Post by Brian »

Matt 'Guitar' Murphy, Blues Brothers guitarist, dead at 88
Blues Brothers guitarist Matt "Guitar" Murphy has died, according to the official Blues Brothers social media accounts run by Judy Belushi and Dan Aykroyd.

Murphy was 88 and was known "as one of the most respected sidemen in blues," playing on many albums and in concerts. He released his first album, "Way Down South," in 1990.

He starred in both Blues Brothers movies, 1980's "The Blues Brothers" and 1998's "Blues Brothers 2000." Murphy said in a 1999 interview with The Indianapolis Star that he enjoyed the making of The Blues Brothers.

"At that time, I was in heaven," he said. "I had never done a movie before. ... I didn't want it to end. We had so much fun doing that thing."
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Jeff V

Re: Matt "Guitar" Murphy, 88

Post by Jeff V »

Damn. These guys sure are getting old.
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Re: Matt "Guitar" Murphy, 88

Post by Daehawk »

Did not know of him but RIP. Old age sucks. That quote he says there about being in heaven and not wanting the making of the movie to end...I can go along with it as Ive had that feeling before. Wouldn't it be great if we could all live a healthy like to about 100 then get to do it all again yet remember the things we'd learned from the first trip? All those times of "I wish id known this then" or "Youth is wasted on the young"...It would be a great thing. Rest well Matt Murphy.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"