Happy Fathers Day 2018!

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jaymann

Happy Fathers Day 2018!

Post by Jaymann »

OO fathers - time to represent. My daughter is throwing a barbecue and taking me to see Solo.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Re: Happy Fathers Day 2018!

Post by GreenGoo »

My kids are fighting over the bandwidth as one downloads gigs of Garry's mod without permission while another is trying to watch crunchy roll.

My daughter did give me a nice anime drawing she'd been working on though. I wish I liked anime.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I will see my kids after my flight back from Origins Game Fair.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My chihuahua gave me $25 to spend how I want. Seems I 'want' to buy lawnmower screws and paint and perhaps a wirecutter.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
WYBaugh

Post by WYBaugh »

Happy Father's Day guys!
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

GreenGoo wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:26 pm My kids are fighting
That about covers it for me (well, the twins, anyway). Had to cancel the post-dinner walk for soft serve ice cream due to biting/coloring on the floor/general misbehavior.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Isgrimnur

Happy Fathers Day 2018!

Post by Isgrimnur »

Called Dad, he seemed fine, thanked me for the gift. Then Mom guilt-tripped me, saying he felt bad that I didn’t send a card and told me to go buy one tomorrow and mail it.

So on the way home from the Lion King show, I stopped at Walmart to buy a Father’s Day card of spite that will go out in tomorrow’s mail.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

You gave him a gift but your mom thinks you've failed because hallmark didn't get their cut? Hilarious.

Families are fun.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I know, right?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

We had a good weekend that ended poorly.

Saturday we go out to a popular beach with the kids and walked for 6 miles up and down it. We followed that up with a cookout where I made grilled veggie kebobs, corn on the cob (wrapped in aluminum with butter/salt baked in), vegan hot dogs, and grilled butternut squash basted in salt/pepper/oil. Wrapped up the day relaxing with lobster-red calves and feet - which I forgot to put sunscreen on.

Sunday I woke up to breakfast in bed with french toast and home fries, 4 cards, and an Oculus GO. I poked around with the new toy and we all took turns wearing it and exploring different things. Before lunch we went for a 2 mile trail walk where one of the kids somehow picked up 5 ticks, but no one else got one. Lunch was a drafty, cold beachfront restaurant where I had an awesome small veggie pizza, the kids had shrimp & fries, and my wife had a salad. After that we stopped off at the best little ice cream shop around and I got two scoops of black raspberry ice cream. When everyone was settled, I played with the Oculus some more, sharing time with the kids, until they got bored, went and did their own things, and I played some more with the Oculus by myself.

If you like happier stories, stop there. I don't want to take over the thread with the "bad ending". I'd rather it be a happier thread.
Spoiler:
After an hour, my wife got annoyed that I was still playing and we had the same old familiar fight about my gaming isolating me from the family. From there, the wife mowed the lawn while I pulled the kids out of their solo activities and brought them outside to play. At some point I made the mistake of asking my wife for a Father's Day backrub, which triggered her. In the process of sorting out why she snapped, she reminded me that she's repulsed by my weight (I'm 6' 1" 230lbs; I've lost 55lbs since we got together 9 years ago) and really doesn't want to touch me, let alone massage me, and started in on how her first husband (he was 5' 9" 300lbs when they divorced) would expect her to lavish him with physical attention even though he was a disgusting blob. The day kind of slid down to crap after that. I slept on the couch.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
naednek

Post by naednek »

I"ll just repost from FB

Gotta say, this has to be my favorite father's day.

It all started at 11pm last night when I placed the 8 pound pork shoulder on the Traeger to smoke all night and most of the day.

Woke this morning to donuts and starbucks in bed. Kids were extremely quiet when they woke up which never happens when I have the chance to sleep in. I didn't even hear them leave the house. Unfortunately Toby new I was left behind and wouldn't stop barking.

Then Lila and I visited my dad who's recovering from knee surgery. We brought over subway and visited for an hour.

Came home to help Ethan take his med to help clear him out since's he's been backed up since Friday.

My brother came over for dinner and ate some awesome pulled pork sandwiches.

Then we got the 4 lazer tag guns Ethan received as a promise for being good for at school the rest of the year. He did and I keep my promises.

We busted those out and had an all out war throughout the entire house that spilled out in the front yard. Had an awesome time as we teamed up.

Overall, a very relaxing and fun day. The best part, no fighting or out of control behaviour. It was a great day!
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
naednek

Post by naednek »

Paingod wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:29 am We had a good weekend that ended poorly.

Saturday we go out to a popular beach with the kids and walked for 6 miles up and down it. We followed that up with a cookout where I made grilled veggie kebobs, corn on the cob (wrapped in aluminum with butter/salt baked in), vegan hot dogs, and grilled butternut squash basted in salt/pepper/oil.
I'd say it started off badly :P
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

We just need Rmn9 to come along and tell you that no that didn't happen to make your day complete.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

GreenGoo wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:23 pm We just need Rmn9 to come along and tell you that no that didn't happen to make your day complete.
That would be perfect. :D
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Daughter's birthday party was Saturday so most of the day was spent cleaning up. Not that it bothers me, I'm not big into the attention.

The baby was cute when he wasn't screaming, kiddo wrote me a cool poem, and the wife let me sleep in until 6:30am! A good day.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Typical father day for me. I did some gaming early on, then some yard work, and then watched the last 9 holes of the US Open. Then I BBQ'd dinner.

My kids did give me a $50 Steam gift card. They are getting better at gifting as they age.
Black Lives Matter
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Sunday we went out to a good lunch and then hit the comic book store which was having a 50 cent all dollar box comics sale. Picked up around 50 issues of Conan and horror comics. My daughter entered for a door prize and won a couple of limited #1 issues of something or the other - we're supposed to go pick them up tonight so I'll know more then.

Then my wife told me I could hit the friendly local game store and pick out a board game. I browsed around but felt guilty about spending any more money on games and opted to just forfeit that generous offer and go get running shoes (desperately needed) instead. Then we went home and grilled steaks.

The best part of the day was just spending time with the kids who (for one day) ate well and didn't fight (much).
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:28 pm Daughter's birthday party was Saturday so most of the day was spent cleaning up. Not that it bothers me, I'm not big into the attention.
Same - my daughter turned 13 Saturday so she had a few kids over to "hang out" (13 year olds don't have birthday parties apparently).
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Wife traded her day off for an afternoon shift. Took the kids to the water park, she left after lunch with our daughter, her mom and friend so I only needed to chase the boy around all afternoon. I remember when I was a kid, such days would leave me exhausted by dinner time and early sleep was inevitable. My kids are obviously super human or possibly subhuman since they are like Energiser bunnies.
Black Lives Matter