*Deep breath* I'm going to admit some things here

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Drazzil

*Deep breath* I'm going to admit some things here

Post by Drazzil »

And yes this is THE thread.

I have lived for almost 36 years now, and in addition to the many other disabilities I struggle with is terribly low self esteem. You guys know how I spent the first years of my life, but in addition to all of this I suffer from very low self esteem.

I dont know if its how I look or how I behave but people target me and have for most of my life. I had zero friends my own age and still have almost no friends today. Remember that movie 40 year old virgin? Thats almost me.

I would try to form friendships and fail, repeatedly.

Taking care of mom was an easy way out I suppose. I picked up drinking and smoking pot. Thought it was a good way to make friends [hint: it is not]... but it was a WONDERFUL way to blow six years of wages. I was self medicating to bury everything that I hated about life [taking care of mom, working a demanding physical job, my own terrible self esteem.]

When I tried to find work during this time, I would put in hundreds of applications costing me hours upon hours, and get nothing back. I wouldn't rate all my skills at five so their net would catch my applications I spent hours on and cheerfully inform me that all my hard work would never even see a recruiter.

I stopped actively looking for work during this time because "who would want me?"

I suppose thats always been the voice in the back of my head. When it came to making friends, applying for jobs or doing anything involving other people.

To this day thats the voice in my head. Im 35 going on 36 and I feel that my life has been misery so far. I feel like nothing goes right for me when I try to change things, or improve my life so much that I honestly dread to try. I spent my life in service to my mom or the cats. I feel like I never even had the chance to *live*

Speaking of. I understand why you guys want me to be rid of the cats, but for years they were my *only* solace. The cats never make fun of me or ghost me [except for Trumpet 😐 but she came back ] They gave me the only love and companionship I have really had for years. Lucy is 18. Ace is 14, Boots is 12. All have health or behavior issues. Duchess and Trumpet might be okay without me but the first three are pretty unadoptable.

So now you guys know everything, and every future thread will be combined. No more live journal from Dave.

I dont know where I go from here. I am going to the Dept of Rehab on monday but [but theres a good chance I got fucked out of that too]

I cant shake the feeling that my life is just going to get worse and worse the longer I go on.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Drazzil

Re: *Deep breath* I'm going to admit some things here

Post by Drazzil »

Good example

My only friend left in the world was really pissed at me that I didn't get the Wal Mart battery, said that "I am uncoachable"... Maybe he's right. I asked him to come out to take me to WM to get a battery while my car was towed.

He comes but the tow truck I called mysteriously turned into a battery service truck. My friend rolls in after says "thats not a tow truck why dont you listen!?" He says he wanted to go to a restraruant to get cool.

Wal Mart said that they wouldnt do an alternator test after they said they would and the AAA battery was only $30 dollars more and my normally stoic friend was pissed at me.

I try to call my friend and hes incommucado, so I assume he was pissed at me and went home. So I buy the AAA battery. Rang out to 130.

I call my friend and he is at the WM buying me a battery and I tell him "Its okay I got a battery from AAA, he says "so this was for nothing then?"

Turns out maybe I should have listened to him because consumer reports and my three cents are filled with horror stories about Auto Club batteries. 😑
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Born to suffer.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Wish I could help ya Draz. I sit and bitch Im just getting older and dying slowly and in pains so why dont I just go ahead and do it. I wish to die a lot and think of suicide but then later Im better and forget it all. Ive not been so moody since I was a teenager lol. I hope you find some answers.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:38 pm Wish I could help ya Draz. I sit and bitch Im just getting older and dying slowly and in pains so why dont I just go ahead and do it. I wish to die a lot and think of suicide but then later Im better and forget it all. Ive not been so moody since I was a teenager lol. I hope you find some answers.
I think I should be okay.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

But. I am going to need encouragement. I have endured a lot of failure in life at this point it feels kinda pointless.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Drazzil, at the risk of sounding like a 3am infomercial, everybody fails. It sounds cliche at this point, but failure is the norm; it's how you respond to the failure that's key. If you think that everyone around you is constantly succeeding and not having problems in their day-to-day lives, that's a "filter" you have over your perception of things and/or the people you interact with are really good at pretending everything is fine. Additionally, if you spend any amount of time on social media, that's also filled with people constantly broadcasting how everything is perfect in their lives and how they have all these amazing moments captured to share with the people following them, demonstrating just how awesome their lives are. That too can wear on you mentally because you begin to wonder why you aren't doing/seeing/experiencing the non-stop awesome that others seemingly are.

Regarding encouragement, it's not going to happen - at least, not like you think. No one cares about your happiness more than you - you are in charge of it. You have to want to do something or change something on your own. You might have the ability to get some support from people close to you, but it's unlikely (in my experience ) that they're going to be the reason you get started in any particular direction.

I'm not a doctor, but you might need medical help. Counseling and/or medication to get your brain out of whatever spiral you're in. I have no idea. Maybe you don't. Maybe you just need smaller victories instead of trying to reach for a gigantic all-encompassing solution to whatever your station is. Maybe you need both. From what you've shared, you have a lot of different things going on, and if I were brutally honest, they are things I'm not sure I would have been able to deal with either if I were in your shoes.

Anyway, I don't know if any of that helped, but it's what I have after 3 cups of coffee on a Monday morning.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

What Smoove said.

I'll add that attitude can make all of the difference in the world, even if the outcomes are identical. Success might be a combination of factors that might include a lucky break or a helping hand; sometimes - but only sometimes - failure could be the result of unforeseen circumstances, error in planning, judgement, or simply a bad idea in the first place. However, if you approach any venture certain of failure, then there's an approximately 100% chance you'll be correct. You don't need external factors involved to fail - that's something you can do all by yourself. If you want things to break positive, you need a positive approach; tell yourself "this is going to work" then figure out what you need to make it so.
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Listen to me. Please.

I'm going to tell you my qualifications for giving advice.

I'm mildly autistic. My mother died when I was 8, and my father was neglectful to the point of abusive (he once tried to sell me for gambling money.) I grew up in pretty much complete isolation, moving two or three times a year. From the time I was 6, I had one friend in 1st grade, another in 5th, and didn't have another until my junior year. After that, apart from work friends and Michelle, I had an actual, real friend for one year until I was in my mid-30s.xGrowing up isolated from almost any other human beings while living with undiagnosed autism resulted in me being the target of everyone's amusement throughout my school years, and instilled me with an extreme dread of other people. People terrify me, and that means everything from a job interviewer to the cashier at Wal-Mart.

I've been on disability since 2002. Major depression, anxiety with panic attacks, and social anxiety disorder are my diagnoses. I was divorced at 34, and spent the 11 years since single, without a single date or prospect until very recently. I'm poor - very poor. I have two people I'd call close friends, and they live far enough away now that I'm lucky to see them three or four times a year.

That's how I got here. Now, mind this: I'm happy. I'm at peace and content. I have been for years. And I see a lot of things in you that I recognize.

So here's the advice:

1. Get help. Even a smart, introspective person with years of life experiences will need help to see themselves clearly, and to find ways of addressing those things that cause them problems. Be aware that the first person you go to for help may not be the best fit. Sometimes it takes a few different people to find the right one (although give them a few months first.) But you can't solve a medical issue by yourself (and this is a medical issue, and not your fault anymore than bad eyes would be.) If you had a broken leg, you wouldn't keep walking on it. You have other injuries that aren't so obvious, and you keep trying to walk on them to solve your problems. I've done that. It does not work.

2. Understand that, when you are feeling like this, what you're experiencing is not reality. Smoove used the word 'filter', and that's exactly what's happening. If you put a blue filter on a camera, everything becomes blue. Go read up on confirmation bias. Really, go do it. When you believe you are a target, you create a 'filter' that makes you interpret every event as if it were true. You tend to forget the parts that don't look like you're a target and remember and focus on the parts that do. After a while, your brain accepts this as truth, since you see every event as another example of it, even when it isn't what's really happening. I have my own filters I have to worry about - that people complimenting me are actually mocking me, that every time I express myself I look like a fool. A good friend had his own - he was so certain of failure, that as soon as anything would go wrong in any endeavor, he'd believe he'd already failed and end up subconsciously sabotaging whatever he was doing, which would lead to real failure, which would reinforce the idea that he was going to fail at the next task. And on, and on. It is not reality. It is our brain playing tricks on us.

3. Don't spend that money without a plan. Having $40,000 in your pocket is an absolutely fantastic opportunity. There was a point 11 years ago when I was in similar straits with nothing but $500/month and no savings. It can absolutely be done. Listen to me: With nothing more than what you have right now, you can fix your life. You absolutely can. Use the money to buy yourself time. Cheap rent in a place with good jobs, someone to help you find your way (see #1), and the decision that you're going to make it work. But if you approach it with the wrong attitude and spend it based on emotion, you'll end up with a house you can't pay upkeep on, no job, and no more options.

The cats are an issue. It will be terrible if you lose them, and I can't imagine having to do that again. I don't have pets anymore, although I used to. Many of them, at one point. They were my only friends, and they were my comfort. I don't now because I am poor, and I can't guarantee that I'd be able to pay vet bills if I got a pet. Since I can't be sure of being able to take care of them and give them a good life, I don't have pets. Now, one more time, listen: You are at that point. You can't give your cats a good life anymore. This has already happened. If you do what is necessary to keep them now, you will be setting up a timer that, when it reaches zero, you'll be forced to get rid of them anyway, and you will have lost all your resources in the process. That's a hard decision, but enough people here have chimed in with the same advice that, if you think about it, you'll see has merit.

Hope this helped.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
stessier

Post by stessier »

Jeff V wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:28 am What Smoove said.

I'll add that attitude can make all of the difference in the world, even if the outcomes are identical. Success might be a combination of factors that might include a lucky break or a helping hand; sometimes - but only sometimes - failure could be the result of unforeseen circumstances, error in planning, judgement, or simply a bad idea in the first place. However, if you approach any venture certain of failure, then there's an approximately 100% chance you'll be correct. You don't need external factors involved to fail - that's something you can do all by yourself. If you want things to break positive, you need a positive approach; tell yourself "this is going to work" then figure out what you need to make it so.
Egads, I'm agreeing with Jeff. I feel dirty.

Wanted to add that on to this
tell yourself "this is going to work" then figure out what you need to make it so.
Expect it won't be perfect the first time, whatever it is you are trying. Plan on making steps to get to whatever it is you are trying to achieve - each one closer than the last. Don't just try something and give up because it didn't achieve what you set out to do - it almost never happens that way.

As for friends - I've always found that friends are attracted to people who like themselves. I would start there - get comfortable living in your own skin and the rest will follow naturally. Which is obviously easier said than done.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Here's my 2-cents.

Pick a Goal (something manageable) and keep working towards it. Easier said than done. Each day, do something / anything towards that goal. It doesn't need to be much. Eventually you'll start seeing progress and that will motivate you to continue and make more bigger goals.

Life is Mostly Plan B. Things often don't go to plan. Try and be flexible or adapt if you can but also know that sometimes you just flat out fail. Try and learn from it and move on.

Somebody else always has it better - but the reverse is also true. You've got it a lot better than a lot of other people too.
Yeah, sometimes shit happens. For instance, when my daughter was 2 months old I found out I was losing my job without any notice. We went from a 1 income family to a no income family with about $5000 of unpaid hospital bills. No severance package, no health insurance - just a "good luck, I'll be happy to be a reference for you if you need it". In addition to that, I owed money to the company for the vacation time I had taken when my daughter was born because I hadn't actually earned it yet. It sucked. Still, I didn't have to worry about where I was going to get clean water or if I would be killed by a sniper trying to make my way across the city - like some people in Syria do every day. It's sounds stupid, I know, but it also gave me some perspective.

All this sounds cheesy when written out like this, but honestly it's what keeps me going.

One last thought about making friends. Find a local club or church or something. Even a game group at a local nerd store. You need to get out and meet people if you want friends.
Also, if you're not seeing a counselor or therapist, I think you should. Just my opinion, I have no medical expertise and don't have any first hand experience with anything like that.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

stessier wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:30 am I would start there - get comfortable living in your own skin and the rest will follow naturally. Which is obviously easier said than done.
Sadly, this is one of the best pieces of advice and one of the clearest answers, but almost impossible to take advantage of. It's what the ancient Greeks would call a 'mystery.' It is something incredibly valuable which can only really be understood once you've achieved it.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

My advise would be not to seek advise from a mainly gaming message board.
While I have a lot of respect for the members here, your issues seem to run vast and wide.
You need professional help and guidance, not the well intentioned opinions of virtual strangers.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

stimpy wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:45 am My advise would be not to seek advise from a mainly gaming message board.
While I have a lot of respect for the members here, your issues seem to run vast and wide.
You need professional help and guidance, not the well intentioned opinions of virtual strangers.
So you're advising him not to take your advice?
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Alefroth wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:11 pm
stimpy wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:45 am My advise would be not to seek advise from a mainly gaming message board.
Exactly!!
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Archinerd wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:35 am Here's my 2-cents.

Pick a Goal (something manageable) and keep working towards it. Easier said than done. Each day, do something / anything towards that goal. It doesn't need to be much. Eventually you'll start seeing progress and that will motivate you to continue and make more bigger goals.

Life is Mostly Plan B. Things often don't go to plan. Try and be flexible or adapt if you can but also know that sometimes you just flat out fail. Try and learn from it and move on.
To expand on this, I specifically recommend writing down your goals, and your plans for getting there. In my experience, this goes a long way towards helping realise and achieve your goals, and making them seem less abstract; when they're just floating around in your head, they're much more easily dismissed/forgotten/rationalised away. There's a world of difference between ephemeral thoughts and ideas, and tangible, written goals and plans that you can re-evaluate and modify as needed.

Get in that habit, and you'll find the necessary flexibility and adaptation Archinerd mentions to be a great deal easier and more intuitive.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

stimpy wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:17 pm
Alefroth wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:11 pm
Exactly!!
There's no reason for him not to seek help and advice from people who probably know him as well as anyone. Telling him not to just cuts him off and further isolates him. It may be his only lifeline at the moment.

There is a lot of good, thoughtful advice being given, and from people who have likely felt what he feels. There's no reason for him to not take what he can from that.

That's not to say he shouldn't also get professional help.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

To underscore what others have already said about perceptions: If you expect to fail, then you will almost inevitably fail, by taking (or not taking) actions that fit in with your own expectations. Success requires a positive state of mind. Your car battery story is a case in point. You think you've made some terrible and costly mistake based on some reviews you read and one person's hurt feelings. You needed to make your car go again, and you did that quickly and efficiently. That's a small success that your brain has spun into a failure.

If you can't get past expecting to fail and allow yourself to succeed, then you definitely need professional help.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Kraken wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:03 pm You needed to make your car go again, and you did that quickly and efficiently. That's a small success that your brain has spun into a failure.
Yeah, I meant to comment on this. Calling a tow truck was about getting you out of your immediate situation (the dead battery). They were able to resolve that without an actual tow - that's part of their job. Sure, you could have declined the auto club battery and instead opted to have it towed somewhere for them to replace it, but that would have been more money. Or you could have told the tow truck driver no to both. Now you need to figure out how to get to the store, buy a new battery, return to the disabled car and then install it. The goal was to get moving - mission accomplished. Spending time to think about where to buy a battery or what your best options might have been weren't happening while sitting on your couch watching TV. They were happening in real time and it sounds (to me) like you made the right decision given the situation. When you start to think about how valuable your own time is, the equation is going to change. This is one thing I'm eternally grateful to Flavor Flav for highlighting.
"Flavor Flav" wrote: "The reason why I wear this clock is because it represents time being the most important element in our life," he said. "Time can't afford to be wasted, but not only that, but God only gave us one life. Each minute we live, we got to live each second to our best value. Time brought us up in here, and time can also take us out."
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Nothing I can say other than....Take some of the advice given here.

Seek professional help, today!!

You have a real medical condition that can't be fixed on its own. You can do it man, you can!
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Anonymous Bosch wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:18 pm

To expand on this, I specifically recommend writing down your goals, and your plans for getting there. In my experience, this goes a long way towards helping realise and achieve your goals, and making them seem less abstract; when they're just floating around in your head, they're much more easily dismissed/forgotten/rationalised away. There's a world of difference between ephemeral thoughts and ideas, and tangible, written goals and plans that you can re-evaluate and modify as needed.

Get in that habit, and you'll find the necessary flexibility and adaptation Archinerd mentions to be a great deal easier and more intuitive.
I just saw a video of a woman talking about coming from a total background of poverty and now she has achieved all of her goals. Using a vision board helped her to better visualize her goals.
https://www.wellandgood.com/good-advice ... s/slide/2/
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

Everyone fails. Everyone. There isn't a single person on the planet who ever did anything worth doing that hasn't failed miserably multiple times. Nobody ran a marathon the first time they tried. Every person who has run a marathon has failed at running multiple times. They failed at walking hundreds of times. They failed at crawling hundreds of times. They failed at sitting hundreds of times. Every single one failed thousands of times before they even attempted a marathon.

Some things you have to work up to doing. As stated above, find a goal. Break it down into things you feel you can do (even if you fail at them for a while). Continue working on it. The difference between someone who runs a marathon and someone who doesn't is that the one who does it keeps trying until they do. Certainly, there are sometimes factors out of your control that make things more difficult but if you want to get a job you can do it.

Head to the workforce development agency in your city/state. They can help you develop the right skills to get a job (if that's what you want). They may also be able to help you find counseling at free/no cost. Asking for advice/support here is good but none of us are trained professionals. Sure, some of us have experienced it but that's not the same as talking to someone who does it for a living. Get some help. Don't suffer alone.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
bluegrass band of comfort food. - LawBeefaroni

Post by Default »

The only thing I have to add is;
If you step in dogshit, keep walking. It will come off eventually."

Keep your eyes on the prize, brother!
"pcp, lsd, thc, tgb...it's all good." ~ Kraken
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

For the record this confession was unnecessary. Your posts absolutely scream it with every sentence you write. It might have felt like a big reveal and moment of truth for you Drazzil, and maybe it was cathartic, but for most of us we already knew you had issues of this nature.

In any case, good luck.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

GreenGoo wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:16 pm For the record this confession was unnecessary. Your posts absolutely scream it with every sentence you write. It might have felt like a big reveal and moment of truth for you Drazzil, and maybe it was cathartic, but for most of us we already knew you had issues of this nature.

In any case, good luck.
How very observant of you. But thanks for the advice. I really appreciate your and everyone else's perspective. Tomorrow I go to the job center.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Stay calm, don't over share at the job center. Be courteous and remain focused. Let the other person do the "empty space" talking if they want to do so. Answer politely and succinctly. Smile, even if he/she says you've got shit between your teeth. Fake being upbeat (without being bubbly) if you can't pull off the real thing. Appear motivated but not desperate.

A lot of that will apply to any job interviews you get in the future as well.

Good luck.

Oh, and everything everyone writes on here tells reams beyond what their words say. You're not alone in that. My own writing has plenty of information in it beyond the words. Lots of it not flattering. Don't sweat it.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I really wish I could add something helpful here, but others are doing a better job than I could.
So all I have to say is life's a bitch for many of us.
I say this while hiding in my bedroom because we have company over. :?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
wire

Post by wire »

Dial 2-1-1 Call Center For Help

For additional resources in San Bernardino County, dial 2-1-1.
211 San Bernardino County Is:

A 24/7 call center
Always answered by a live person
The most comprehensive database of free and low cost health and human services available
A free and confidential phone call whether dialing 2-1-1 directly, or 888-435-7565
Staffed by professional, trained, caring people who give information & referrals to appropriate resources
A joint United Way operation between Inland Empire, Arrowhead, Mohave Valley, and United Way of the Desert

Every day thousands of people find themselves in circumstances where, often for the first time, they need resources that can’t be found in the yellow pages or on the internet: low cost burial services, employment, a free or low-cost health clinic, training, free eyeglasses replacement for the elderly, affordable parenting classes or other counseling, legitimate help overcoming temporary financial difficulties, and many more such scenarios. 2-1-1 has the answers.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

EvilHomer3k wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:43 pm Everyone fails. Everyone. There isn't a single person on the planet who ever did anything worth doing that hasn't failed miserably multiple times. Nobody ran a marathon the first time they tried. Every person who has run a marathon has failed at running multiple times. They failed at walking hundreds of times. They failed at crawling hundreds of times. They failed at sitting hundreds of times. Every single one failed thousands of times before they even attempted a marathon.
This is a rather bizarre metaphor, EH. I was successful running my first (and only) marathon. The success was not by accident though, it took planning and training. It took confidence in the methodology I followed to achieve the desired outcome. It took perseverance to get through, especially as the training runs got longer and commensurately more grueling. And while the training plan was designed to fully prepare one for the race, I nearly did fail when both legs nearly charleyhorsed on me but I pushed through it and still finished with a time I am proud of.

A marathon metaphor in itself is not a bad way to go, but it's a series of successes, not failures, that take you to the desired outcome. The program is designed to abet success...distances are incremental; you're not going from 5K to 15 miles in the first week.
Black Lives Matter
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Positive developments. I went to the Americas job center and got the information on getting registered with them today. I also made arrangements to go. to the Riverside DoR as they can get me in way quicker. I also went to my old community college and see if I could get in there. The answer seems to be yes as sion as I can get. my foot in the door at DoR.

I will also be attending a job fair tomorrow.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

You've done what is likely the hardest thing for many people to do - you've done something. Whatever happens next, don't forget it. Learn. Adjust. Do it again. Or like the great Carl Lucas reminded us (taking a page from the mighty 116th Infantry), Ever Forward.
wire

Post by wire »

Drazzil wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:19 pm Positive developments. I went to the Americas job center and got the information on getting registered with them today. I also made arrangements to go. to the Riverside DoR as they can get me in way quicker. I also went to my old community college and see if I could get in there. The answer seems to be yes as sion as I can get. my foot in the door at DoR.

I will also be attending a job fair tomorrow.
The Department of Rehab education program is a good program, a bureaucratic nightmare on occasion, but still a good program. I know someone who was able to get her BA and MSW degrees paid for due to a work related injury. The DOR paid for the tuition, books and basic supplies needed each semester. Take full advantage of this.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:36 pm You've done what is likely the hardest thing for many people to do - you've done something. Whatever happens next, don't forget it. Learn. Adjust. Do it again. Or like the great Carl Lucas reminded us (taking a page from the mighty 116th Infantry), Ever Forward.
I was just watching Luke Cage today. That show is. *so* much better in season 2.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Like Pops said, keep moving forward.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I registered with Americas job center today. Two hour process. Orientation on monday. I'm going to have to go through Riverside DoR as SB DoR has a years wait.
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Hey man, you are making progress and moving forward.

Good for you
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I talked to the M edi-Cal worker today. Appt on tuesday.