2018 Fantasy Football

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

pr0ner

Re: 2018 Fantasy Football

Post by pr0ner »

Leaving Blake Bortles and Philip Lindsay on my bench is gonna hurt.
Hodor.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

1-1 after my team mostly fired on all cylinders this week. Still in search of a 3rd WR though, but if Kelce does more 30 point performances like this past week and no more 1.6 point performances like week 1, I might be ok.

175 points was only 4th best though. My match-up was against the lowest-scoring team. :?
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I have a craptastic receiving core and I didn't watch closely

I have to figure out if I am going to Robby Anderson before tomorrow night or bench him and play Phillip Dorsett.

Anderson (jets) has... not been good though he projecting to do well.
I am sure if Gordon (NE) gets a strong nod for Sunday Dorsetts playtime and will drop from the 40-50 plays he's been getting to like 5 and his touches will become nothing.

My other choices are... worse... Having slim pickings for receivers, I figure I'd get a bunch of rookies and see what shook out. My rookies are still sitting with potential, but that's just it, potential, not actual, and the pickings are still slim.

I may have to bench Anderson just so I can see how Sunday shakes out and then add/drop as necessary. Only the Jets are playing Cleveland, so it should be his time.

I suck at this game.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

There is ever only a handful of rookies in the entire league worth being on a roster. RBs seem to be the best bets; I have Barkley this year and some years ago I did well with a rookie AP.
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

So as not to distract from the real football thread...
msteelers wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:04 am
Baroquen wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:58 pm Tonight's game has been a shootout thus far. Entertaining to watch, though I don't have much of a preference for one team or another. Doesn't even have serious fantasy implications. But it definitely has been more interesting than the usual TNF matches in recent memory.
I left Cousins on the bench this week in favor of Matt Stafford.

:violence-shootself:
I was going to bench him as I'm still not sold on Tannehill. Points in hand...

But I think I'm already screwed. I have no relieving squad, even if my bench is mostly receivers. And while I keep losing, and yet somehow I end up middle to end of the waiver every week, so I keep not getting better receivers for the next week. To add insult to injury, CBS posted a, who you should drop after three weeks list and it was chalked full of my players.

/Runs to the Internet

Here you go...

the bolded ones are or were on my team. :grund: Ginn I just got this week as he was the best I could find and I dropped either Dorsett or Anderson for him. I gave up on both of them this week. Dorrsett was no my bench with no future Anderson was my number one receiver.
Spoiler:
Player 10-Team 12-team 14-team plus
LeGarrette Blount, DET X X X
Devontae Booker, DEN X X X
Tarik Cohen, CHI X X X
D'Onta Foreman, HOU X X X
Frank Gore, MIA X X X
Doug Martin, OAK X X X
C.J. Anderson, CAR X X
Nyheim Hines, IND X X
Duke Johnson, CLE X X
Theo Riddick, DET X X
Spencer Ware, KC X X
Jordan Wilkins, IND X X
Ronald Jones, TB X

Rashaad Penny, SEA X

Wide receivers
Robby Anderson, NYJ X X X
Dez Bryant, FA X X X
Josh Doctson, WAS X X X
Phillip Dorsett, NE X X X
Michael Gallup, DAL X X X
Pierre Garcon, SF X X X
Allen Hurns, DAL X X X
Brandon Marshall, SEA X X X
Rishard Matthews, TEN X X X
Cameron Meredith, NO X X X
Anthony Miller, CHI X X X
DeVante Parker, MIA X X X
Courtland Sutton, DEN X X X
John Ross, CIN X X
Tyrell Williams, LAC X X
Randall Cobb, GB X
Michael Crabtree, BAL X
Ted Ginn, NO X
Christian Kirk, ARI X
D.J. Moore, CAR X

Tight ends
Mike Gesicki, MIA X X X
Charles Clay, BUF X X
Greg Olsen, CAR X
Benjamin Watson, NO X

Quarterbacks
Sam Darnold, NYJ X X X
Case Keenum, ATL X X X
Marcus Mariota, TEN X X X
Dak Prescott, DAL X X X
Derek Carr, OAK X X
Andrew Luck, IND X
Eli Manning, NYG X
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

5 vs -3 on my Rams D vs. Vikings D game.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Is Baldwin going to play this week or not? It's not as if I'm risking a whole lot if I start him and he sits...Brandon Marshall has been worthless so far. But I'd still rather get a few points from Marshall than none at all, and option C is on bye week.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Assuming Kelce doesn’t just go off in the back half, I’ll get a 4-0 start in one league.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:grund:
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:54 pm Assuming Kelce doesn’t just go off in the back half, I’ll get a 4-0 start in one league.
Turns out I didn't even need Kelce...I finished with the week's high score of 231, I would still have had high score at 211. This was a very nice week but I'm just 2-2 for the season.
Black Lives Matter
DD*

Post by DD* »

What a disaster. Only one player in double digits for a grand total of 57 points. When Drew Brees gives you 8.5 for the week, you know it is going to be ugly....
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I would like to thank Sectoid for completely forgetting about fantasy football and having a bye week and an IR QB on his lineup this week.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

As Rodgers had no healthy receivers this week and Dalton has outscored him pretty much every week I swapped them. Of course Rodgers went nuts in the loss pretty much tripling the score. Thankfully I still won the week as some good waiver wire moves really paid off. I'm now 2-3 and it looks like I have a solid shot at winning this week as the other guy has tons of players on bye this week. :horse:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
naednek

Post by naednek »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:12 am I would like to thank Sectoid for completely forgetting about fantasy football and having a bye week and an IR QB on his lineup this week.
ya I wish people would just leave if they don't plan to play. I know it's free, but it's not fun when barely anyone is at the draft or keeping up to date with the roster(s)
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
DD*

Post by DD* »

Well, as long as San Fran kicks 7 field goals tonight my win streak will stay intact!
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I keep trying to upgrade my receiving corp (with most of my bench being wideouts) based on targets, receptions, and points from what's out there and my corp keeping worse. I also have been trying to fiddle with my bench to prepare for the Buy and for the dream of making it to playoff payout and I've seemingly totally destroyed my backup in doing so. I started actively managing my team and fiddling, something I don't normally do and at every turn fiddling is seemingly making my disaster mitigation worse instead of better. I'll be dropping to 3-3 this week and things are not looking up, with probably needing to add/drop about 6 positions out of a combined 15 active and bench players, which is to say all but two bench and one active players. I may as well be chasing my money at a craps table.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Octavious wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:16 pm As Rodgers had no healthy receivers this week and Dalton has outscored him pretty much every week I swapped them. Of course Rodgers went nuts in the loss pretty much tripling the score. Thankfully I still won the week as some good waiver wire moves really paid off. I'm now 2-3 and it looks like I have a solid shot at winning this week as the other guy has tons of players on bye this week. :horse:
I got my ass royally kicked. I mean even his freaking kicker kicked my butt. :grund: Rodgers did well, but that was about it. Unless I go on a epic 5-6 game run I think I'm toast for this season at 2-4. Doesn't help that I have a bunch of people on byes this week too. :tjg:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Now 3-3 after getting destroyed by a 6-0 team.
Black Lives Matter
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

I got doubled up on points this week. Not just a defeat, but a soul-crushing blowout. lol
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

started 3-0 and now 3-3, time to start another winning streak dammit!
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
DD*

Post by DD* »

If San Fran had kicked a field goal, I would have won by .22 points....

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

And Porcelain Mice for a bye week, IR, and Out.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

The early London game screwed me over in a couple of leagues. I knew Melvin Gordon was out. I did not know his game started at 9:30. So I was very surprised and angry when I went to update my lineup at 9:45.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I got no fewer than 16 points from my defenses this week. Washington, Indy, and the Rams all did quite well for me against Dallas, Buffalo ( :( ), and San Fran.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

I just won one of my games this week with :05 left on the Monday Night game. That Beckham Jr. TD made the difference.

Ah, Fantasy Football. What a silly game.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

And I just lost a game based on that same play. Damn that Eli for not being able to sneak it from half a yard out!
Black Lives Matter
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Baroquen wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:14 pm I just won one of my games this week with :05 left on the Monday Night game. That Beckham Jr. TD made the difference.

My opponent had Beckham. But I did alright with Barkley and Shephard and beat him easily.

Sure is a ton of fantasy points for a shit-show of a team!
Black Lives Matter
DD*

Post by DD* »

Squeaked a win by .2 of a point! Matty Ice did not come through for my opponent...

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Jeff V wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:35 am
Baroquen wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:14 pm I just won one of my games this week with :05 left on the Monday Night game. That Beckham Jr. TD made the difference.

My opponent had Beckham. But I did alright with Barkley and Shephard and beat him easily.

Sure is a ton of fantasy points for a shit-show of a team!
I won my week on the OBJ play. Somehow with one of the lowest total points I'm 3-4. I never get a week where multiple people do well. My biggest bust has been Fitzgerald. It's really the QBs fault and not his, but damn he was one of the most bankable players until this year. Figures. I can't trust to start him at all even though my remaining receivers aside from OBJ aren't very good. :tjg:

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Woohoo Champions! At least it worked out in the OO (Fantasy FB Masters)league because my other two leagues I went bust in the 1st round.
Last edited by Lassr on Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

lost the championship game by 4 points. My opponent benched Rivers, and picked up Josh Allen, only to dump him this morning for Mayfield. That was his winning move.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I think I beat Rip in both OO and Fantasy Football Masters this week for 3rd place. Unless Phillip Lindsey loses 2 points tonight, which yahoo seems to think has an 11% chance of happening.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Yea, my year fizzled out.

Now I can't even think about anything else other than DD being gone.

Shit is not fair!!
naednek

Post by naednek »

Rip wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:59 pm Yea, my year fizzled out.

Shit is not fair!!
Doesn't help when you don't show up for drafts :P
Rip

Post by Rip »

naednek wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:09 pm
Rip wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:59 pm Yea, my year fizzled out.

Shit is not fair!!
Doesn't help when you don't show up for drafts :P

If I had I would have sucked, the only salvation for the season was auto-draft.
“A simple democracy is the devil’s own government.”
— Benjamin Rush
--