2018 Fantasy Football

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Moliere

2018 Fantasy Football

Post by Moliere »

I just received my notice from Yahoo that the OO Fantasy Football league was auto renewed. So I guess it's time to start speculating on the players.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
msteelers

Re: 2018 Fantasy Football

Post by msteelers »

It's taking me longer than usual to get back into football mode this year. I've had to force myself to get back into my yearly routine.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Have not heard anything yet from our commissioner, but he was late getting started last year. I don't start getting excited about it until preseason games start. I just saw The Bears have 5 preseason games this year...wtf? I thought for years now they've been talking about fewer preseason games, not more! I guess this is to ensure we have absolutely no walking receivers left for opening day.
Black Lives Matter
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Jeff V wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:09 am Have not heard anything yet from our commissioner, but he was late getting started last year. I don't start getting excited about it until preseason games start. I just saw The Bears have 5 preseason games this year...wtf? I thought for years now they've been talking about fewer preseason games, not more! I guess this is to ensure we have absolutely no walking receivers left for opening day.
Teams that play in the Hall of Fame game get an extra preseason game. But I'm too lazy to open another tab and confirm that's what's happening here.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

msteelers wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:43 pm
Jeff V wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:09 am Have not heard anything yet from our commissioner, but he was late getting started last year. I don't start getting excited about it until preseason games start. I just saw The Bears have 5 preseason games this year...wtf? I thought for years now they've been talking about fewer preseason games, not more! I guess this is to ensure we have absolutely no walking receivers left for opening day.
Teams that play in the Hall of Fame game get an extra preseason game. But I'm too lazy to open another tab and confirm that's what's happening here.
This is correct.
Hodor.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

After a late season trade last year I have my first true Franchise Player in years; Zeke Elliot. So I am excited to have a good starting foundation for once. Now stay away from the boobies!
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Dogstar

Post by Dogstar »

Fantasy Football Masters on Yahoo has been renewed. Our draft is September 3 at 8pm EST.

We've got the Cajun Footballers, Bay Area Brawlers, Dirty Jerzey, Is-Grim Outlook, Luck Hunt, MD Marauders, Ohio Ohanas, Sugarcane Smut, The Probes, and Samurai Saints. If you own one of the these questions and have any questions or concerns, just PM me!
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Dogstar wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:07 am Fantasy Football Masters on Yahoo has been renewed. Our draft is September 3 at 8pm EST.

We've got the Cajun Footballers, Bay Area Brawlers, Dirty Jerzey, Is-Grim Outlook, Luck Hunt, MD Marauders, Ohio Ohanas, Sugarcane Smut, The Probes, and Samurai Saints. If you own one of the these questions and have any questions or concerns, just PM me!
I can't be there for a Monday draft at 8pm, but I don't mind autodrafting.
naednek

Post by naednek »

I was about to ask if we could bump it to 5:30 but since it's a holiday and I'm off, no conflicts with me.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Rip

Post by Rip »

I had planned to opt out this year as I hardly watch football anymore. That said I will stick it out unless someone shows up wanting a team, in which case they are welcome to mine.
Dogstar

Post by Dogstar »

Would September 4, Tuesday, at 830pm EST work better for everyone? I wanted to make sure that any West Coasters had a chance to get home.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Either one should be fine for me. If something changes, I'll let you know.
naednek

Post by naednek »

Dogstar wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:22 pm Would September 4, Tuesday, at 830pm EST work better for everyone? I wanted to make sure that any West Coasters had a chance to get home.
works for me too.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Tuesday works for me.
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

Greetings. I recently received notices through e-mail that I had a draft tomorrow. I won't be playing this year (as some might have guessed). Good luck.
Black Lives Matter*

*Terms and Conditions Apply
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

If you need another player for you to have even teams let me know. I cannot access OO at work but have had good luck getting to Yahoo FF at work. I can draft tomorrow night.

If you do not need another player then no worries, I'm already in another league and run a league myself.
Last edited by Lassr on Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

I'm still in.

I guess the other OO fantasy League is dead... Haven't heard back from Dcurse (I think he's the GM) have to go check, going off memory)
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I might have to autodraft tonight, but I'm still looking forward to crushing the league this year.

I can't believe the regular season starts in 2 days.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Had my draft yesterday. I was in the #9 position. I got the top rated TE (Kelce)...I chose him before any WRs because everyone substantially better was already off the board. Went with a rookie RB (Barkley) with the first pick, and I'm hoping Deshaun Watson can do for 16 weeks what he did at the start of last season. People drafting ahead of me must have gotten a hold of my super-secret draft plan as players I targeted were snagged one or two ahead of me. I have two likely dumpster fires at DST (NE, GB) and might have to go scavenging there early. While my receiver corps lacks any studs, they are all starters and shouldn't put up any goose eggs. One or two have potential to be more than they are projected to be.

All in all, it was my least-conservative draft in quite some time. I'm neither excited nor disappointed...but that pretty much matches my outlook on the NFL season this year.
Black Lives Matter
Dogstar

Post by Dogstar »

Smutly wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:29 pm Greetings. I recently received notices through e-mail that I had a draft tomorrow. I won't be playing this year (as some might have guessed). Good luck.
Sorry you can't make it this year, Smutly.

Invite sent, Lassr!

Look forward to seeing everyone online tonight.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Rocket City Lasers are born. Wanted rocket city squirrel monkeys but name was too long (Named in honor of Miss Baker).

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Black Lives Matter
Dogstar

Post by Dogstar »

Quick draft last night -- 16 rounds in 47 minutes. Sorry that we missed a few of you -- hopefully next year I can find a time that gets even more of us drafting, instead of having Yahoo draft two kickers for you.

OO 10-team league:
QB - Brady, Roethlisberger; RB- Gurley, D. Freeman, Collins, Mack; WR- Cooks, Jones, Crabtree, Gordon, Edelman, Cole; TE- Gronkowski; K- Boswell; Def- New England, Chicago.

Another 12-team one. Things went sideways there quickly, especially with that many owners. I don't know how people do 16-team leagues.
QB - Roethlisberger, Goff; RB - Elliott, Cook, Collins, Miller, Crowell; WR - T.Y.Hilton, Goodwin, Stills, Benjamin; TE - Sefarian-Jenkins, Gesicki; Def - Baltimore, KC

One other 10-team one:
QB - Brees, Carr; RB - Barkley, Gordon, McKinnon (yeah that worked out well), Crowell; WR - Cooks, Crabtree, Edelman, Benjamin, Moncrief; TE - Kelce; K - Zuerlein; D - Minnesota, Pittsburgh
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

With so many missing the auto draft going on position runs really messed up my draft strategy.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

I find it funny the thread starter isn't in the draft room....

Draft is starting i 2 minutes for the OO Fantasy Football League. 3 out of 10 have shown up. Rip has missed the 2nd one now...
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I got hosed by a QB run in my draft.

I was thinking about taking my first in the 10th round of a 12 team non-PPR league. I figured with so many decent QBs still left that not all of them would go before I picked in the 11th, so I took Nelson Agholor.

Boy was I wrong.

The following QBs went in the next 18 picks before I could draft again: Roethlisberger, Mahomes, Ryan, Carr, Goff, Smith, Luck, Mariota.

Each QB that was taken in that run is the drafting team's backup.

Ugh.

I can make do with Dak Prescott and Blake Bortles. Maybe.
Hodor.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

QB's will hit the waiver wire as soon as injuries/bye weeks hit. In the meantime, you can stream QB's and probably be fine.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

msteelers wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:38 am QB's will hit the waiver wire as soon as injuries/bye weeks hit. In the meantime, you can stream QB's and probably be fine.
In this league? Not really.

I hate reaching for QBs, but I really need to learn to do so in this league if I want to get a solid one.

Though, I did win the league once with Tyler Thigpen as my QB, so anything is possible.
Hodor.
Rip

Post by Rip »

naednek wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:13 pm I find it funny the thread starter isn't in the draft room....

Draft is starting i 2 minutes for the OO Fantasy Football League. 3 out of 10 have shown up. Rip has missed the 2nd one now...
Yea, I'm guilty. Not big into football these days and fantasy drafts just keep falling off my mental to-do queue. That said my draft rating was better for the league that I auto-drafted in. Anyone I beat this year should be ashamed. I have no idea who is good or not anymore.
Dogstar

Post by Dogstar »

Just a friendly reminder to the league that the first game is tonight, so if you have players on either the Falcons or Eagles, you need to get them in your starting line-up if you wish to do so.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

So Randall Cobb just put me down by 12 points in my one league, with my having one player left to roll tomorrow night.

Who would you think gives me the better shot of reaching 13+ points tomorrow? I've got available Robert Woods against Oakland, or Kenny Golladay vs the Jets? Neither is particularly promising, but not out of the question either.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Baroquen wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:18 pm So Randall Cobb just put me down by 12 points in my one league, with my having one player left to roll tomorrow night.

Who would you think gives me the better shot of reaching 13+ points tomorrow? I've got available Robert Woods against Oakland, or Kenny Golladay vs the Jets? Neither is particularly promising, but not out of the question either.
According to FantasyPros they are close in the rankings, with Woods being ranked higher.

I'm continuing the time honored tradition of opening up my league with the 2nd most points, losing to the team who scores the most points in the week. I'm currently winning by less than 3 points with Stafford left to go tonight. But my opponent has Lynch, Zuerlein, and the Rams defense left. I'm projected to lose by 13.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

My top 2 receivers combined for a stunning 1.6 points. Needless to say, I did not win. :evil:
Black Lives Matter
Enough

Post by Enough »

I had checked a few times earlier and didn't see a draft scheduled. Imagine my surprise when I was setting up players for my other team on Yahoo and saw this was active. I did surprisingly ok in auto-draft mode heh, but still got torched pretty good on week one. Sorry all for missing the draft!
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
RMC

Post by RMC »

I won!!! WooHoo...

I did the auto draft thing, was out of town. But honestly, my auto draft is usually better than my in person drafting.

I don't spend as much time watching football as I used to, but I still enjoy it. Even if my Browns still suck. But they didn't lose...They didn't win either, but THEY DID NOT LOSE. I'll take that.. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Let's hear it for the Rams defense and Greg Zuerlein getting me a surprise upset in Week 1 of the league I generally suck at.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Phillip Lindsay off waivers as the undrafted phenom? Yes, please.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I shouldn't have played this year. OMG my team is just so terrible.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I should finish 2-3 in my seasonal leagues this week. Daily was much better though. I ended up winning $45 and 2 different satellite tournaments thanks to heavy use of Mahomes, Cole, and several other players that had solid to great games.
DD*

Post by DD* »

Off to a blazing 1-1 start in my work league, assuming Howard doesn't score 50 points for Chicago tonight. I'm down 40+ right now and he's my only guy left.
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:04 am Let's hear it ... Greg Zuerlein getting me a surprise upset in Week 1 of the league I generally suck at.
Who then pulls a groin in warm-ups for week 2. Not that it would have made a difference against Smith-Schuster and Cooks.

And played against Mahomes in OOFF.
It's almost as if people are the problem.